Sony launches The World’s Smallest and Lightest 30x Optical Zoom Camera , the Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V 30x compact superzoom with 1080p60 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 04-24-2013, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Since it has Sony's proprietary Multi Interface Shoe it would work with the new Sony HVL-F60M External Flash with built-in video light that I use on my Sony NEX-VG900 full frame camcorder.

Quote:
Sony has announced the Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V, a 30x compact superzoom camera that includes both Wi-Fi and GPS. It's built around a 20.4MP 1/2.3" BSI CMOS sensor, sitting behind a 24-720mm F3.5-6.3 lens. It includes 3-axis SuperSteady Shot image stabilization and can shoot at up to 10 frames per second for 10 frames. Its battery is rated at around 400 shots-per-charge and the Wi-Fi can be used for both file transfer and remote control. It will be available from May at a recommended price of $450.

The HX50V includes a dedicated exposure compensation dial and Sony's proprietary Multi Interface Shoe, that allows the use of standard flashguns or accessories such as the FDA-EV1MK add-on electronic viewfinder.

HD Video and Creative Modes

The new HX50V camera has an impressive video feature set as well, delivering stunning, beautifully crisp full HD (60p) movies that benefit from Optical SteadyShot ™ Active mode7 for reduced shake and image blur if the camera is in motion. The HX50V model is also compatible with TRILUMINOUS Color technology, an expanded range of vivid, ultra-realistic colors that is available on select Sony BRAVIA TVs. Content shot with the HX50V camera can be enjoyed in these vibrant colors when connected to compatible televisions.

Additionally, the HX50V camera offers a variety of different creative picture effect settings that make it easy to spice up photos, movies and panoramas instantly and automatically with a range of fun, impressive artistic treatments including Pop Color, Partial Color, Soft High-Key and more.

With its extensive feature set, extremely compact size and advanced performance capabilities, the Cyber-shot HX50V represents the ultimate in flexibility in a compact camera.

Pricing and Availability

The new Cyber-shot HX50V compact digital camera will be available next month for about $450. The camera and a range of compatible accessories can be purchased at Sony retail stores (www.store.sony.com) and other authorized dealers nationwide.
http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/04/24/sony-launches-cyber-shot-dsc-hx50v-30x-compact-superzoom-with-wi-fi-and-gps
Quote:
Sony has officially revealed the DSC-HX50V, the world's smallest and lightest 30x optical zoom compact camera, in the hope it can tempt amateur photographers away from their smartphones, even if they aren't yet ready to upgrade to an interchangeable lens camera. We got a sneak preview of Sony's latest, so read on for our hands on impressions.
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/ultrazoom-cameras/1299376/sony-cyber-shot-hx50-review-hands-on

With optional OLED EVF :

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-24-2013, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 92
I've been reading bits and pieces about it. It got "leaked" by Sony Vietnam a couple weeks ago.

My first impression is that Sony is getting better and better at figuring out the features needed to make smartphone owners want to augment their photo and video capabilities. It also looks like Sony may be trying to kill off the Panasonic LX7!

I have an RX100 and HX9V, both of which I enjoy a lot. With those, my Panasonic camcorder and my wife's two cameras, I don't need another camera at all. But, if I did, this HX50 would be on the short list.

Now if one of my granddaughters needed my HX9V to augment their very capable new iPods, maybe there is a chance!

Bill
post #3 of 8 Old 04-24-2013, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Here's a video.
https://vimeo.com/64692376

The HX50 is not competing with the LX7. It's 2 different markets. The closest Sony camera that is competing with the LX7 is the RX100.
post #4 of 8 Old 04-24-2013, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Here is a sample test video:

HX50 vs Panasonic ZS20 w/20x optical zoom:

post #5 of 8 Old 04-25-2013, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 108
But the ZS20 is last year's model. Is there a comparison with the ZS30 (this year's model)?
post #6 of 8 Old 04-25-2013, 07:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira View Post

Here's a video.
https://vimeo.com/64692376

The HX50 is not competing with the LX7. It's 2 different markets. The closest Sony camera that is competing with the LX7 is the RX100.
My wife has one and I have the other. We went to the Grand Canyon a couple weeks ago. Competition was stronger than Panasonic vs Sony!
post #7 of 8 Old 04-26-2013, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markr041 View Post

But the ZS20 is last year's model. Is there a comparison with the ZS30 (this year's model)?
Not yet.

http://camerasize.com/compare/
post #8 of 8 Old 04-28-2013, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I own the HX9V & HX20V, to own another Sony, that slowly releasing manual features a few at a time. I will still be waiting, for a better cam. I cannot see spending 1000.00 on this camera. Because I would want the extended stereo she, and especially the EVF shoe, the camera has a flash, but it looks like if you wanted to use two shoe items, you cannot?

Picture effects, and video allowed, is on the HX20V, nothing new, to us previous users? Panorama 360 on the other hand I question. If I am correct, I be tripping over my feet trying to get a snap. Since zoom is not allowed. In Pano mode picture effects is allowed, And question will be miniature/tilt shifting?

Instead of having the EV on a custom button, it is now on a separate dial, I always have an issue with these dials, over time they move off the setting you have them when stored, and taken out for a shot?

Never am I trying to sound negative. just being a owner , I grown into my camera, ad know what to expect..

I tell you what, it will not stop me from getting one, before June. but I must have WILL POWER, and say P A S S.

I will be waiting for the Sony Cybershot DSC-HX70V 2k video to be released soon, allowed to dream
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page