Best way to backup movies from Canon M52 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-06-2013, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everybody,
I have a Canon M52 and want to move some of my movies of the family off of the camcorder onto a good backup media. I backed them up on the computer but would like to be able to view them on our TV as well. Using the software (Video Browser) that came with the camcorder, it could burn DVDs but called this HD to SD. I know DVDs aren't HD but I never really thought of them as SD either. If I backup them up to DVD am I just wasting the quality of the camcorder recording? I'm pretty sure I recorded them in AVCHD.

So what's the best format to backup these files so that I can watch them on a TV and long term? I have a 1080p Panasonic and Blu-Ray player.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-06-2013, 08:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
To start with you need DVD+R Disc and just write them to your disc . Use your software and just follow directions . Or if your Blue-ray player also records you can hook up the camera to the player and record straight to a disc or if your player has a card reader you can insert the card and record from the card to the disc . I have the HF M50 and for myself I upload some to Youtube and Vimeo so I have bought Adobe Premier Elements 10 and it will convert and make a disc for me for what ever I want to do . I have a Samsung Blueray player but it does not record frown.gif . But look in your owners manual on pages starting with page 156 and read the directions .
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page