Magic Lantern Enables Continous Sharp 1080p 24fps 14-Bit RAW DNG Video from Full Frame Canon 5D Mark III. EPIC! - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 66 Old 06-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Shield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 364
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thanks! I wouldn't say it's as sharp as the GH2's I owned for a pure resolution standpoint, but it's close. It just has that "look" now with raw - nice highlight roll-offs, shadow recovery and more dynamic range. Also still no moire and aliasing, and that nice full frame look. Sure doesn't look like a camcorder, and it takes professional grade stills.

Just need a faster computer now to process the raws. One would think an i7 with 12GB of ram would suffice, but it brings this box to its knees.
Shield is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 66 Old 06-07-2013, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jogiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,016
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTyson View Post

Yeah, it does look pretty darn awesome. I'd pair it with speedbooster if I had one and make it a full frame low light monster as well. biggrin.gif
I just purchased the PK-NEX Lens Turbo adapter that works like the speedbooster but only in manual mode.






jogiba is offline  
post #63 of 66 Old 06-07-2013, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
MTyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,480
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jogiba View Post

I just purchased the PK-NEX Lens Turbo adapter that works like the speedbooster but only in manual mode.







Yeah, I've been reading about these new cheaper versions of Speedbooster. Are there any downfalls compared to the more expensive Metabones Speedbooster?
MTyson is offline  
post #64 of 66 Old 06-08-2013, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jogiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,016
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 75
There are no electrical contacts on them since they are NEX E mount adapters with focal reducer only but since almost all of my full frame PK mount lenses like the 24mm F1.4, 85mm F1.4 , 300mm F4 etc are manual focus I really don't need it. The Metabones Speedbooster cost $599 for the Canon EF version compared to under $200 for the PK-NEX Lens Turbo.
jogiba is offline  
post #65 of 66 Old 06-08-2013, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
MTyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,480
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jogiba View Post

There are no electrical contacts on them since they are NEX E mount adapters with focal reducer only but since almost all of my full frame PK mount lenses like the 24mm F1.4, 85mm F1.4 , 300mm F4 etc are manual focus I really don't need it. The Metabones Speedbooster cost $599 for the Canon EF version compared to under $200 for the PK-NEX Lens Turbo.
Do they have an MFT mount to EF version yet? I couldn't care less about electrical contacts since I use manual lenses as well. lol.
MTyson is offline  
post #66 of 66 Old 06-08-2013, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jogiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,016
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTyson View Post

Do they have an MFT mount to EF version yet? I couldn't care less about electrical contacts since I use manual lenses as well. lol.
Not in a speedbooster version, only in a regular EF-MFT adapter.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/839146-REG/vello_la_mft_cef_lens_mount_adapter.html
jogiba is offline  
Reply Camcorders

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off