Magic Lantern Enables Continous Sharp 1080p 24fps 14-Bit RAW DNG Video from Full Frame Canon 5D Mark III. EPIC! - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 66 Old 06-06-2013, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thanks! I wouldn't say it's as sharp as the GH2's I owned for a pure resolution standpoint, but it's close. It just has that "look" now with raw - nice highlight roll-offs, shadow recovery and more dynamic range. Also still no moire and aliasing, and that nice full frame look. Sure doesn't look like a camcorder, and it takes professional grade stills.

Just need a faster computer now to process the raws. One would think an i7 with 12GB of ram would suffice, but it brings this box to its knees.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 Old 06-07-2013, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTyson View Post

Yeah, it does look pretty darn awesome. I'd pair it with speedbooster if I had one and make it a full frame low light monster as well. biggrin.gif
I just purchased the PK-NEX Lens Turbo adapter that works like the speedbooster but only in manual mode.

post #63 of 66 Old 06-07-2013, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jogiba View Post

I just purchased the PK-NEX Lens Turbo adapter that works like the speedbooster but only in manual mode.

Yeah, I've been reading about these new cheaper versions of Speedbooster. Are there any downfalls compared to the more expensive Metabones Speedbooster?
post #64 of 66 Old 06-08-2013, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

There are no electrical contacts on them since they are NEX E mount adapters with focal reducer only but since almost all of my full frame PK mount lenses like the 24mm F1.4, 85mm F1.4 , 300mm F4 etc are manual focus I really don't need it. The Metabones Speedbooster cost $599 for the Canon EF version compared to under $200 for the PK-NEX Lens Turbo.
post #65 of 66 Old 06-08-2013, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jogiba View Post

There are no electrical contacts on them since they are NEX E mount adapters with focal reducer only but since almost all of my full frame PK mount lenses like the 24mm F1.4, 85mm F1.4 , 300mm F4 etc are manual focus I really don't need it. The Metabones Speedbooster cost $599 for the Canon EF version compared to under $200 for the PK-NEX Lens Turbo.
Do they have an MFT mount to EF version yet? I couldn't care less about electrical contacts since I use manual lenses as well. lol.
post #66 of 66 Old 06-08-2013, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTyson View Post

Do they have an MFT mount to EF version yet? I couldn't care less about electrical contacts since I use manual lenses as well. lol.
Not in a speedbooster version, only in a regular EF-MFT adapter.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/839146-REG/vello_la_mft_cef_lens_mount_adapter.html
Reply Camcorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page