panasoinc GS120 video capture - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-17-2013, 05:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i just bought a like new camera GS120 also i can not get the video off the tape, i have and HP i5 win 7 pro 64bit adobe prem pro, i loaded the legacy drivers, it said the device is working propely but i hook the camera up and nothing.. i downloaded movie maker and it won't even open said not compatiable so i downloaded avs video editor that my daughter has on her laptop and it did not work i talked to the person i bought the camera form and he assusre me that the dv port on the camera is good. to i called panasoinc and they said oh you will need th3e disk that came witht the camera, so i told them what i had for a computer and they sent a disk for (40bucks) and it was for win 2000 me and xp so i called them and they said oh that won;t work on win 7 (but they had no issue taking the 40 buck) so here i am trying to get vidoe off this camera anyone have any ideas of what to do ???????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-17-2013, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Try the 30 day trial of Premier Elements.

I have not done "video capture" from tape, but have watched and read how it works.

There is a guy name Grisetti that writes books, has a website and gives out lots of advice. He has been doing it long enough that he probably has personal experience "capturing" video off of a camera like yours. His website is Muvipix.com. Steve also posts frequently at the Adobe forum for PrE. http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements

At the same Adobe forum there is a guy named A.T. Romano that seems to stay up all night solving the most complex problems for users of Premier Elements.

I'm suggesting Elements because it is actually quite different the Pro. The two pieces share little, if any code. They are developed differently by different teams in different parts of the world. My hunch is that Elements may have more stuff in it for consumer camcorders than the pro version.

Good luck!

Bill
post #3 of 6 Old 05-17-2013, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the info, i have our it dept looking at it right now if they don't get it that camera is going to find a new home getting to ticked off not fun anymore
post #4 of 6 Old 05-17-2013, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikonff5 View Post

Thanks for the info, i have our it dept looking at it right now if they don't get it that camera is going to find a new home getting to ticked off not fun anymore
With so many better cameras on the market now, why did you buy that one?
post #5 of 6 Old 05-17-2013, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

i had one that took sd card but it got stolen from Mexico airport, so i wanted 3ccd and i found this one with the fish eye lens i needed anyway and it was not a bad price, i never imagined it was going to suck a cluster F to get the images off of it. i bought it for my son and his skateboard video taping so the potential of destruction is high lol so i did not want to invest too much into another camera.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-17-2013, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

to all that help i found the problem even though it was abrand new computer 4 pin port is bad on it i have to press in and hold it to get it to read the camera, now working
Reply Camcorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page