MTS with Pinnacle Studio - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-19-2013, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It looks like my editor of choice Pinnacle Studio Ultimate, doesn't handle MTS files, and as I've just bought a new Panasonic v720 this is a problem!

I have 3 choices as far as I can see:

1. Pre-Convert every MTS to mp4 using converter software... PITA!
2. Use iFrame mode (is this OK for PC of is it some sort of Mac specific format?
3. Start with a new video editor, any suggestions for something that hasn't got a silly learning curve (I am editting family footage to HD file and DVD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-19-2013, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by eglons View Post

It looks like my editor of choice Pinnacle Studio Ultimate, doesn't handle MTS files, and as I've just bought a new Panasonic v720 this is a problem!

I have 3 choices as far as I can see:

1. Pre-Convert every MTS to mp4 using converter software... PITA!
2. Use iFrame mode (is this OK for PC of is it some sort of Mac specific format?
3. Start with a new video editor, any suggestions for something that hasn't got a silly learning curve (I am editting family footage to HD file and DVD
I know nothing about Pinnacle. I like Premier Elements 11 a lot. Version 11 has full AVCHD 2.0, 1080p60 support. It sells well enough that there is a wealth of learning opportunities that keep things from being silly. I can point you to them if you would like. The other popular choice is the consumer version of Sony Vegas.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-20-2013, 12:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It looks like Pinnacle Studio 16 handles AVCHD 2.0, so I'll download the trial of that first and see if it works. That saves a learning curve although I am thinking that Premier Elements 11 is something I should get hold of and evaluate longer term as it seems to get a good press.
post #4 of 4 Old 05-20-2013, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by eglons View Post

It looks like Pinnacle Studio 16 handles AVCHD 2.0, so I'll download the trial of that first and see if it works. That saves a learning curve although I am thinking that Premier Elements 11 is something I should get hold of and evaluate longer term as it seems to get a good press.
Good choice. I firmly believe that knowing one tool well, and using it to produce something, is far better than fiddling with multiple tools and getting nothing done. The exception to that is the hobbyist that enjoys learning the tools more than trying to tell a story with their work.
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page