Can you suggest 2 camcorders for "Interview" type documentary - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-23-2013, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello guys,

I'm want to shoot a video going from village to village and talking to people about their life, it will be something like an interview. It's not a professional job, more like a low-budget amateur documentary.

Anyway, I know what I need, but I'd be glad if you could give me some suggestions.

I'll need one main camcorder that will be focused in the person who speaks. There'll be also an external microphone connected to it. This main camcorder will be the better one that will capture the main video and speech.

The second camcorder will be a backup. We'll shoot some extra footage from the interview while the person speaks, but we don't want to take the focus from their face. The sound from this camcorder is not important, but the picture should be as good as in the first one.

The camcorder I liked so far are:
Canon LEGRIA HF M52 (or something from the R series, I've no idea which is better) (as main)
Panasonic HC-V720 (as main or secondary)
JVC Everio GZ-EX300 (as secondary)

And before I forget, if anybody knows, I'd be happy if you can tell me what kind of microphone I'll need for this particular project.

My budget for the equipment is about $1300 USD.

Thanks very much to anybody with knowledge who could take five minutes from their time to help me out smile.gif
Have a nice day!
Reply Camcorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page