Bracket extension? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-25-2013, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I bought a bracket for my camcorder, and the bracket looks like this:

I mount it on the left side, so I can hold the camcorder with the right hand, giving my fingers access to the important buttons. Then I can steady the the whole holding the bracket with my left hand. The only problem is that the bracket is a little too short, and it doesn't allow for the LCD screen to open all the way.

So I guess I'm asking the classic question that has haunted all men and women: how can I add a few inches? Is there some sort of extension I can buy or make?

I'm guessing that I'm not the first or only one to encounter this problem, so I'm hoping people who have tried different solutions would share some tips with me.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-25-2013, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Just put the bracket so the handle is in your right hand so that the LCD has room. If you practice, you will get used to it.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-25-2013, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Holding the bracket in the right hand isn't very stable. The left hand doesn't do anything to steady the camcorder. Also, it denies ready access to some key buttons (record & zoom). I'd actually be better off not using the bracket at all (I don't absolutely need the bracket to mount anything).

One solution that'd give room to the LCD screen is to mount the camcorder on a pistol grip, and then mount the pistol grip on the bracket. You grab the pistol grip with your right, and you hold the bracket with your left. That's stable. But then you still don't have access to the buttons.
post #4 of 4 Old 05-25-2013, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by bing51 View Post

Holding the bracket in the right hand isn't very stable. The left hand doesn't do anything to steady the camcorder. Also, it denies ready access to some key buttons (record & zoom). I'd actually be better off not using the bracket at all (I don't absolutely need the bracket to mount anything).
Hold the bracket handle with your right and support the bottom of the camera/bracket with your left.
If you need to make an adjustment on the screen or button, use your left finger while holding the right a bit stronger.
Then put left hand back under camera.

Just don't depend on zoom during record (zoom before) and if the camera moves from hitting the record button in an awkward manner, then edit it out later...leave space in the beginning and end of a shot for editing.
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page