Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 31 Old 07-01-2013, 02:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsprague View Post

The common term now for video software is "Non Linnear Editor" or NLE. There are thirty or so on the market. When I started my video addiction I decided I would get the best. I went through about four and was getting nowhere pretty rapidly.

Getting rid of audio for any clip, or a selection of clips takes three steps. You "disconnect" the audio track from the video track, select the audio track or a selection of tracks and press delete. Adding an audio track is done by adding the audio track file to the project and dragging it to the timeline. There can be 99 tracks! I've done up to three and independently adjusted the volume for each so that narration comes in as background music fades. The first time I did it, I got a small headache. Now I can do it and drink beer at the same time.

Bill

Just to add to Bill's comment:

Depending on which NLE you use and it's features- you can also simply un check the "Audio" track to disable it or select "Mute." to silence it altogether.
You can then add different audio, voice over, sound effects to the other audio tracks as suggested.

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page