$598 at B&H is a very good price, and it will produce very nice images in auto mode, but you can get it for less at Adorama
- and you should know that it lacks several features common to other cameras/camcorders in its price range:
- no external mic input for improving sound in settings with background noise
- no "focus peaking" for more accurate manual focus
- no control of video color or sharpness
- no way to see or control audio levels
- no wi-fi or live streaming
That said, the projector is a cool feature, and <$600 is a pretty good price - and they're discounting it and throwing in extras (you can get it for $599.95 at Adorama
with a free Sony RDP-CA1 speaker - an $18.99 value
If you don't mind a rather short 12X zoom, the lack of manual controls, and the lack of wi-fi, it's a good camcorder.
For less money, though, you can get the $549 Panasonic V720
, which has all of the features listed above (or the even less expensive FZ200
Again, hope that's helpful!
BillHybrid Camera Revolution