Pansonic LX-7 used to shoot comparison of FZ200 and X920 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-15-2013, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Graham Houghton seems to have a niche on YouTube with some 8,000 subscribers and over 3 million views of his videos.

Recently he used an LX-7 to shoot a video where he compared the FX200 to the X920. Since those are popular cameracorders on this forum, it might be entertaining to watch. At least I thought so.

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbLFuEwckGM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-15-2013, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 102
I learn some from his demonstrations, but he actually doesn't take very good videos (often overexposed) as he is wedded to auto mode and doesn't even watch exposure (and control by ev).
post #3 of 3 Old 07-15-2013, 03:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
wow... when I saw the videos from the FZ200 I was amazed by the quality

but seeing that comparison is just sad. Its like the camcorder is 1080p and the FZ is 480p lol

and its funny. the first time I watched the video I thought that at wide angle the camcorder was better and at full telephoto the FZ200 was better. when i watched it again I realized that the extra contrast on the FZ200 creates an illusion that the camera has more detail.

I wonder how they would compare with some proper adjusts, like raising the camcorder contrast or lowering the contrast and in-camera sharpening of the FZ200. Their "cooked" videos are too different to compare. The reviewer should have matched that for a better comparison.

its hard to find a good reviewer of consumer video-cameras. I think mark should start talking in his videos. Mark, why dont you start doing reviews? your samples are kinda my benchmarks for buying new cameras, and you know a lot about video, more than most of those youtube guys that only talk about stills quality and do just an observation about video quality.

how is the performance of the V720 in good light compared to the X920?
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page