3rd Party Batteries for Panasonic 2013 HS-V210 V520 V720 etc.. WHERE ARE THEY!? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 07-19-2013, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi there,
I'm new to AVS so please be gentle ;-D
A question about Panasonic batteries & 3rd party versions like Wasabi.
It seems that despite Panasonc's 2013 range of camcorders being out months & months now,
I'll be damned if i can find ANY 3rd party equivalents to the VW-VBT190 & VW-VBT380..

It's annoying because you can easily get a 4000mAh VW-VBK360 equivlent for as little as £20! -2012 model camcorders.
However we're still being forced to be ripped off over £100 for a VW-VBT380!!! - And that's if you can get them!!

I tried the lug-remove trick on a VW-VBK360 oem & alas, even though it fitted my HC-V210, i got the predictable: "THIS BATTERY CANNOT BE USED" error.

So does anybody know what gives? WHY after montths, are there still no 3rd party batteries out for the 2013 camcorders?
When might there be?

Hope someone has some answers,
All the best
Al
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-19-2013, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 25
The whole point of Panasonic changing battery design every few years is to have a lead over third-party knockoffs, so Panasonic could sell you a $25 battery for $120. Ripoff ==> profit. Gee, almost a palindrome.
post #3 of 6 Old 07-20-2013, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungermann View Post

The whole point of Panasonic changing battery design every few years is to have a lead over third-party knockoffs, so Panasonic could sell you a $25 battery for $120. Ripoff ==> profit. Gee, almost a palindrome.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply, even though you didn't actually answer the question.
I already realise all you said. My question simply is... Given that these cams HAVE been out practically half a year already, WHY haven't 3rd party battery makers brought out their equivalent versions by now? Or does it actually take then at least 6 months to 'catch up'?

I look forward to an answer from someone who knows.
Cheers
post #4 of 6 Old 07-22-2013, 02:50 AM - Thread Starter

Bump....
post #5 of 6 Old 07-22-2013, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-scorpio View Post

I already realise all you said. My question simply is... Given that these cams HAVE been out practically half a year already, WHY haven't 3rd party battery makers brought out their equivalent versions by now? Or does it actually take then at least 6 months to 'catch up'?
I can give you another non-answer: it took 4 years for third-party VBG batteries to become available. It took 2 years for third-party VBN/VBK to appear. Judging by the numbers above 6 months would be a breeze.

Your guess and my guess are as good as anyone else's if you are not tightly connected with Chinese manufacturers of counterfeit (as Panasonic refers to them) batteries.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-06-2014, 12:59 PM

Hi,

According to the link below it looks like manufacturing is not the bottleneck here:

http://www.alibaba.com/for-panasonic-vw--vbt380-battery-suppliers.html

AVS or other retailers can purchase at $11.5 a piece and sell for 30-40 Dollar. After import, taxes, etc it should still give them a 20-30 percent revenue. Maybe it is still not enough. I am looking for a replacement battery that lasts more than 45 minutes. Let me know if you find a place to buy.

Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page