Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-17-2013, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Allright.
I`m a bit confused.

I want to buy a new camcorder, since a couple of weeks i`ve bought the Sony SR72, great HDD camcorder but unfortunatly its only Standard Def so the images look very dull and arent lively.

However, i need to buy a new camera offcourse, but i dont have a big amount of money.
I`m thinking of buying one of these three:

Sony CX280
Panasonic V210
Canon RF406.

I`m filming alot of music events, as i`m a keyboardplayer myself and i perform twice a week in two different bands.

So, soundquality is important for me.
Offcourse the videoquality is important aswell, i dont want 1080i it really has to be P

The quality that i have right now in terms of audio/video is "Meh" The video is dull (as its Standard Def) The audio is allright:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PqDCd7yTQw
This is filmed with that Sony SR72 camcorder, the audio setting was on " Loud " which lowers the mic volume a bit

I want a camera which has better video qualtiy, and (if possible) better audio..

If anyone could help me out on which one to buy, that would be great.

I have experience with alot of different sonys, and also with one Panasonic, but not with Canon...

The sonys always were my nr1 camcorders, but with the Panasonic ahead, and it has some good video quality... i dont know what to do.

And offcourse the Canon, which i`m not too sure about.

Anyways, the Panasonic is the cheapest, after that the Sony, and after that the Canon. Which one is the best for the money?...

Thanks for the tips !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-17-2013, 09:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
get the canon hf r406 since it has a mic input and get a mic for it. im sure someone here will chime in which mic to get
post #3 of 3 Old 09-19-2013, 02:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, i came to the conclusion that none of those 3 camcorders were suited for me.
I`m going with the JVC Everio EX-515
It has a microphone input, and a hot shoe for mounting a microphone, so that`ll be great!
Its expensive! It costs 120$ more than the Canon, and about 80$ more than the Sony and 140$ more than the panasonic, but well.. Audio and Video quality are important for me. I always bought rubbish stuff (Except for the Sony HX9V) and its time to buy a good quality camcorder!
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page