VidCam, lighting questions/suggestions for YouTube, broadcast - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-17-2013, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi there. I have some limited equipment funding (about $3,000) to do a series of 8 shows for a YouTube channel, with the possibility that the show (or segments of the show) will air on some local cable channels, and also be used as a demo to pitch further. These will be 11 minute shows meant for kids/families (think Monty Python or SNL, but for a much younger audience). Some of the content will be animated (2D, stop-motion, motion graphics, etc.), but there will also be several live segments.

I have a large-ish room rented for a few months this coming winter, which will have a green screen wall/floor area, a semi-permanent news/game show type of studio set area, and an area for a set that can be adapted with different scenery. And we'll be filming a few things outdoors at various locations. In addition to camera suggestions, I would welcome some suggestions for decent lighting for the room. I don't need this to necessarily be top-notch professional looking (and for what I have to spend and work with, it probably won't be, anyway), but good general quality that is flexible to different things and relatively easy enough for a novice to work with. I have extensive experience in audio recording and editing, and a fair amount with video editing, so I'm good to go once the footage is in the computer, but I will be learning as I go to some extent as far as the filming.

I have an older Panasonic DVX100 camera that I've used in the past for some music videos, but I think I'd like to start from scratch and get two matching HD cameras, so I can do some of the studio set shots from different angles and have the look and quality be consistent. So for under $3,000, what do you recommend for a decent quality two camera setup for a mostly indoor set, and what kind of basic lighting will prove the most flexible and useful? And what else might be needed... microphones, reflectors, etc.?

Thanks much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-17-2013, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I'd say you are overqualified for this forum to get answers here. Try someplace else like DVInfo or DVXUser (these are decent forums despite that they kicked me out).

I'd say that any camera that shoots progressive will do.
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page