Canon XA10 VS. Canon XA20 VS. Sony HDR CX-580V - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-05-2013, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Looking for a prosumer camera for professional grade short films, and can't decide between these products.

I'm looking for:

- stabilization

- wind reduction

- "Close" audio (eliminates background noise)

- cinematic filters

- high quality low-light imaging

- built-in flash for low-light

- of course, high quality images (bright colors, HD 1080p etc.)

positive other features would include infrared lighting, and golf shot. Thoughts about these two models?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2013, 07:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Hi mahum and welcome to the forum! I am a little confused by your question, because you really have two professional cameras (the Canons) and one prosumer camera (the Sony) on your list.. You also have several consumer features on your list of requirements that few, if any, professional cameras will have (eg., "cinematic filter" and "built in flash").

That said, if your budget allows, I recommend the XA20 ($2199 at Amazon). This camera will give you the best images of the three cameras on your list.

If that is more than you want to spend, I recommend the XA10 for its professional XLR audio inputs (you can get one for $1699 at Amazon as of this post)

I also recommend you read a few books on filmmaking. If you only have time to read two, I recommend How to Shoot Video that Doesn't Suck and The Location Sound Bible. Buying these books will save you money in the long run, because they can help you to avoid making a lot of expensive mistakes.

Hope this is helpful!

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution