4K Panasonic GH4 May Arrive This Spring to Compete Against Canon Cinema Cameras - Page 27 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #781 of 790 Old 11-18-2014, 11:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsprague View Post
Thank you very much for posting your work. I particularly enjoyed the "street fishing" video. I fish and have never thought of the possibility of in city fishing. Most of my fishing has been in the Northwest states of the USA.

An added treat is that you shot it in Gothenburg. My wife an I will be briefly visiting there next spring as part of a larger trip. I'll try to be a well behaved and good mannered tourist!

Relative to this topic, I'm working toward a 4K capable camera for the spring trip and a GH4 is on my list of possibilities.

Bill
Thank you for the reply Cool to hear you're coming to Sweden, if you are interested there will be another streetfishing event like this one in the beginning of april probably. If we have time we will go down to Gothenburg and film that one aswell.

I am happy with the GH4 though it have some faults but it is a big step up from our old canon DSLRs!
It will be exciting to see when a company releases a camera that is worth upgrading to, so far I can see none unless you pay a lot more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #782 of 790 Old 11-19-2014, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Veydra - M4/3 Cinema Lenses for GH4

Quote:
Veydra is a premium cinema lens made specifically for filmmakers using Micro 4/3 cameras.
Veydra Mini Prime lenses all feature
  • Resolution that exceeds 4K
  • Cinema 0.8 module focus and iris gears
  • Consistent front 80mm outside diameter & 77mm filter threading
  • Similar length for quick lens changes
  • Constant T2.2 aperture for easy lighting set ups
  • Brass plated mounts for durability.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-gh4-and-bmpcc

Veydra Mini Prime 12mm T2.2 M4/3 The Veydra Mini Prime 12mm T2.2 is a wide focal length for Micro 4/3 cameras. Equivalent to the field of view for a 24mm lens in Full Frame 35mm stills format, this lens allows for wide angle views such as scene establishing shots or handheld/aerial gimbal use.

• $699 ($899 to $1199 value) = Choose any one Veydra Mini Prime Lens. Get the Veydra t-shirt and special thanks on our website.
  • $2499 ($3695 value) = Get the first Veydra Mini Prime lens set of four focal lengths. Includes 16mm, 25mm, 35mm, and 50mm lenses. Plus a Veydra t-shirt and thanks on our website.
  • $3199 ($4895 value) = Get it all. Set of five Veydra Mini Prime lenses. Includes 12mm (Ships June 2015), 16mm, 25mm, 35mm, and 50mm lenses plus a Veydra T-Shirt and thanks on our website.
post #783 of 790 Old 11-19-2014, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 141
New GH4 firmware update in December (official)

Panasonic announces the new firmware update program for the digital interchangeable lens system camera DMC-GH4/DMW-YAGH.
Firmware update service is scheduled in December of 2014.
Update Information
  • With this firmware, time code and RSS(Recording Start/Stop) signal can be embedded to the HDMI output signal*. * Available when DMC-GH4 or DMW-YAGH are connected with the products of Atomos Global Pty. Ltd. or the products complying with the extended specifications of Atomos Global Pty. Ltd..
  • FHD at 30p/25p native output via HDMI is available while recording video in FHD at 30p/25p.
  • FHD at 30PsF(Over 60i) / 25PsF(Over 50i) output via SDI is available while recording video in FHD at 30p/25p. * When DMW-YAGH is used for SDI output.
post #784 of 790 Old 11-19-2014, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Two feature updates in the first year; well done Panasonic. I wonder what upgrades are in store for the LX100.
post #785 of 790 Old 11-19-2014, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJInstitute View Post
Two feature updates in the first year; well done Panasonic. I wonder what upgrades are in store for the LX100.

Actually, having any HDMI out at all besides in Play mode would be useful. I doubt, however, there will be feature updates; it seems Panasonic is protecting its pro models a bit (no Cine-V, no Cine-D and no HDMI out in record mode). They did not skimp on quality, though.
post #786 of 790 Old 11-19-2014, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Is the GH4 region-locked? What about the LX100? I think I already asked about the LX100, I guess it is region-locked. This is a big pet peeve of mine and I expect Panasonic to remove this stupid limitation as well as 30 min limit on non-EU cameras.
post #787 of 790 Old 11-19-2014, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungermann View Post
Is the GH4 region-locked? What about the LX100? I think I already asked about the LX100, I guess it is region-locked. This is a big pet peeve of mine and I expect Panasonic to remove this stupid limitation as well as 30 min limit on non-EU cameras.

Just to remind: there is a 15-minute limit for 4K video on the LX100, PAL or NTSC. That's due to heat issues.
post #788 of 790 Old 11-19-2014, 11:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markr041 View Post
Just to remind: there is a 15-minute limit for 4K video on the LX100, PAL or NTSC. That's due to heat issues.
Heat, shmeat. So, the LX100 is region-locked?
post #789 of 790 Old 11-20-2014, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
A GH4 on the Panasonic stand at InterBee 2014 was running beta firmware that included the V-Log picture profile that is found in the much more expensive Varicam 35. The firmware also had the ability to output 4K over HDMI which will give you the ability to record 4K ProRes to the soon to be released Atoms Shogun. Other features that have already been announced in the next firmware release include HDMI timecode and HDMI record trigger. Something that both Sony and Canon have had implemented for quite a long time.
I spoke to a Panasonic representative who told me that the V-Log picture profile was only being tested at the moment and may or may not be implemented in the next firmware release. Interestingly enough I did run into a Japanese shooter who had V-Log operational on his GH4. Lets hope that it is indeed scheduled to be included in the upcoming firmware update.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #790 of 790 Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Either I have bad memory and it fails me, or I did not get a correct answer... but here it is: the GH4 can shoot in "NTSC", "PAL" or in true cinema mode at 24.00 fps, see the below video at about 5:15:

This is awesome! Plus 96 fps, plus 4K... It seems that a pair of the GH4 + LX100 will work wonders. But please confirm that the LX100 is not region-switchable, is it? I know I asked for it but I don't remember whether I got the answer
Reply Camcorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page