Recomended Camcorders for 2013 Holiday Season. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 11-26-2013, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Just wondering what people would consider buying this holiday season as far as Camcorders.

If your going to list a Camera (DSLR or SLR) then post it after you've posted about a Camcorder that you might think is nice, decent or recommended.

I know what Camcorders I want to get for the 2013 Holiday Season, it's within my budget : "JVC Everio GZ-V500" or Canon Vixia HF R400.

You may aslo post, if you like, without having to post your 2013 Camcorder for the holiday season. ( But it's Recommended for this thread )

Here's the specs for the two Camcorders.

Canon Vixia HF R400 : Specs
Sensor : 3,280,000 Pixels (1/4.85" CMOS (RGB))
Lens : 32.5mm - 1,723 mm (Advanced Zoom : ON)
Resolution : 1080p/60p @ 35mbps (4.375MB/s) MPEG-4 (*.MP4)
Aperture : f/1.8 - f/4.5
Sound Quality : AAC, 48.0 kHz
Touch Screen : YES, 3.0" LCD.
Battery : Lithium Ion - 3.6v 1.840 mAh (84 Mins)

JVC Everio GZ-V500 : Specs
Sensor : 3,320,000 Pixels (1/4.1" BSI CMOS)
Lens : 32.8 mm to 594.5 (Dynamic Zoom : ON)
Resolution : 1080p/60p @ 24mbps (3.000MB/s) AVCHD (*.MTS)
Aperture : f/1.2 - f/5.6
Sound Quality : 48Khz @ 256 kbps
Touch Screen : YES, 3.0" LCD.
Battery : Lithium Ion - 3.7v 1,200 mAh (48 Mins)

I'm was looking for a decent Camcorder for low light (f/1.2), & Decent video quality (1080p/60p). I don't have any use for a Camcorder with an external mic input, & I don't have any use for one with WiFi. Just want something better then my old Samsung SL202 Point & Shoot Camera. I'm not looking to spend a million dollars on a Camcorder that I'm probably not going to use all the time, I just want to buy my first decent Camcorder that shoots 1080p video.

I totally 100% understand the specs listed above. If I had more money, I'd probably get whatever the heck I wanted, and not worry about the price. I'd probably get the best of the best, because I can read specs of Camera's and Camcorders.

So.. What do you think is a nice or decent Camcorder for the 2013 Holiday Season?

What Camcorder do you own now?

- Roy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-26-2013, 08:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 94
I would suggest you buy a Panasonic ZS-30. I bought one for my son's birthday on December 11 because I think it is the best entry to video on the market. My sister bought one last summer on my recommendation. She loves it. It is well documented on this forum if you do a search.

Good luck on your search.

Bill
post #3 of 7 Old 11-26-2013, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

WOW, Nice Camera !

But it's not a Camcorder. I know.. I know.. But seriously, I want a camcorder, and if I'm going to pay that much, I'd definitly could buy a better camcorder than what I'm shooting for now, which is under $300.

Do you have any recommendations for a camcorder under $300?

post #4 of 7 Old 11-26-2013, 08:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest3123 View Post

WOW, Nice Camera !

But it's not a Camcorder. I know.. I know.. But seriously, I want a camcorder, and if I'm going to pay that much, I'd definitly could buy a better camcorder than what I'm shooting for now, which is under $300.

Do you have any recommendations for a camcorder under $300?

you should check out canon r400
post #5 of 7 Old 11-26-2013, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

Ok.

All done, I know all the specs about it, watched videos on it, and everything, it was going to be the one I was going to buy until someone on Yahoo Answers, brought my attention back to the JVC Everio GZV500. Now there's 2 Camcorders.

But I have a fear that I'm going to buy the JVC and not the Canon.

The specs are better but there's hardly any videos on it, and even on Amazon, it's the best selling Camcorder right now, except the stupid GoPro Camcorders. I don't want to buy a GoPro, they look weird, and there's no screen to view myself when I'm recording myself, etc.

I'll probably buy the Canon or JVC. Even though the JVC is a little old, I can buy it brand new from online retailers like QVC, Cruchfield, Amazon.

Does anyone know exactly how old the JVC Everio is? the model that's in my 2 choices? Please, that would help. maybe I'll ask a more specific question, and ask that.

post #6 of 7 Old 11-26-2013, 09:40 PM

Liked: 11

Holy crap man, just buy a damn camera this isn't a life or death purchase. If you do any reading at all on this forum you will be amazed at the quality of posters here, do yourself a favor and remind yourself that an artist isn't his toolset but what he does with it.

post #7 of 7 Old 11-26-2013, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, lol. I will. Thanks, I needed that. After I but it, I'll post some user review of it on here, so that the world may know how much better the JVC is. There's crap for reviews on it, and I think this would be wise choice, seeing that the specs are slightly better. And if its not, I'll simply return it, and get the Canon R400. Easy. :)

Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page