AVDCH editing SONY movie studio platinum 11 versus 12 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-06-2014, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hi,
I have a w7 64 bit system, but that being said I was looking at the 32bit Version 11 Sony Movie Studio Platinum for half the cost of the 64 bit Sony Movie Studio Platinum Suite 12. Anyone familiar with the differences other than one being a 32bit vs 64 bit?

I have an old copy (vers 6) of Sony Vegas movie studio, and dvd ver 3 and I assume the editing commands would be similar. I tried windows movie maker that came with my W7 machine but the output was horrible and grainy.

Like I said, I am familiar with the Sony product so that is why I am starting there.

My goals are fast processing/burning a finished HD DVD and quick editing, plus I like being able to dub sound tracks.
Cost range 50-150. It seemed like vers 11 was a great deal plus some people had iussues with vers 12 crashing.

I got familiar with the earlier Sony Vegas since I was in a band at the time and created and edited band videos...so it was nice to have some flexibility with the audio. The windows movie maker didn't separate out the audio tracks that I could tell.
So if the commands from vers 6 to 11 or 12 are about the same there is a certain level of comfort level there.

I realize there are better programs out there, and Sony seems to have lost its shine on its editing software, but what are your thoughts?

I recently bought the Panasonic 700 and up until know have simply been storing the video on the computer or playing thru the camera to the TV. The HD Writer software included with the Panny seems lame as well.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-06-2014, 07:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 94
AVCHD works a computer hard. You need the 64 bit version. I think the first time AVCHD was supported was 11. Maybe not until 12. I don't think Sony has lost its shine in the consumer price range.

Download a trial version, test it and decide. If you don't like it or it doesn't like your computer, find something else.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-06-2014, 07:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
i got sony movie studio platinum 12 64-bit for $20 from newegg and love it. i dont have any crashing that i can think of, edits all files ive tried in it
post #4 of 6 Old 01-06-2014, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Do you think getting the soundforge (platinum suite) is worth it for another $50?
post #5 of 6 Old 01-06-2014, 11:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 26
AVCHD was supported starting from version 8, it was buggy and slow. Version 9 was faster but still buggy. Version 10 and onwards is fine.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-06-2014, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter

thanks...I think Im sold....just curious about the soundforge.
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page