Sony 4K Handycam FDR-AX100 thread - Page 116 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 113Likes

post #3451 of 3459 Old 06-28-2015, 01:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene157 View Post
Was the camera in auto, if so the automatic ND filter should have prevented this.

Appears it was in manual mode with 60 shutter speed, just a wild guess ?

Still picture was likely in auto mode.

Eugene
Unit was in Auto Mode.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3452 of 3459 Old Yesterday, 12:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasteven View Post
Unit was in Auto Mode.
Don't forget, there are two "Autos" - Auto for shutter, etc. and then Auto for ND filters. On Auto of ND, the camera will only use 1 and 2. It will never go to 3 in Auto mode.
post #3453 of 3459 Old Yesterday, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
NFC use at the wedding

I videoed a wedding solo Saturday with my new FDR-AX100 as the second and third cameras. I manned my HVR-5ZU down near the alter and had the AX100 in the back up high on the balcony. Zoomed in on the AX-100 to the spot where the bride and groom would stand, then zoomed out to wide angle to get everyone walking down the aisle. Turned on recording and left it running. I then went down and manned my other camera. After the bride made her way down the aisle and was next to the groom, I used the phone app to zoom in on them and left the AX-100 with that shot until the ceremony was over, and they were ready to walk back down the aisle to leave. I again used the iphone app to zoom out to catch the full aisle and their exit. This made the clips from the back much more useful!
post #3454 of 3459 Old Today, 02:19 AM

Best Settings For Firework Display

I will be recording a firework display on Saturday.The camcorder has a firework setting but I am concerned that the image may keep going in and out of focus.Would using the landscape setting be a better option?
post #3455 of 3459 Old Today, 03:50 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
I will be recording a firework display on Saturday.The camcorder has a firework setting but I am concerned that the image may keep going in and out of focus.Would using the landscape setting be a better option?
Why not use manual an focus to infinity?
post #3456 of 3459 Old Today, 04:02 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Fireworks mode on all my Handycams works fine including the mode on the AX100. Don't worry about focus hunting. I think the mode forces the cameras to preset the AF at or close to infinity. Don't worry about the exposure either. It won't brighten up the whole scence when the exploding fireworks die down and won't dim it when a set of bright fireworks light up at the same time. A pretty good alternative to full manual if you don't want to fiddle too much with the camera.
post #3457 of 3459 Old Today, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattias Burling View Post
Why not use manual an focus to infinity?
Thank you
post #3458 of 3459 Old Today, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P&Struefan View Post
Fireworks mode on all my Handycams works fine including the mode on the AX100. Don't worry about focus hunting. I think the mode forces the cameras to preset the AF at or close to infinity. Don't worry about the exposure either. It won't brighten up the whole scence when the exploding fireworks die down and won't dim it when a set of bright fireworks light up at the same time. A pretty good alternative to full manual if you don't want to fiddle too much with the camera.
As you have used the Fireworks setting and it works fine,then I will definately use it!The focus was a concern but this seems unwaranted .
post #3459 of 3459 Old Today, 05:01 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Yesterday I was recording some stain glass windows at the east end of a church.The sun was streaming in from all angles so I thought that everything would be great!On the video screen I could clearly see clear horizontal bands running up the screen(see through).This was the same when I recorded .Still pictures not effected.Moving the camera away from the window to the side or the back of the church everything was fine.Never seen this before. Any ideas?
As I recall, this is an anomaly with certain digital sensors. It's not considered a defect, just the way some sensors react to bright light sources. I've had a couple of cameras with similar effects (although I believe they had CCD sensors).
BTW- the auto ND filter only activates the first filter regardless of brightness and other settings. #2 and #3 have to be manually selected. I use them all the time so that I can control the f stop, gain, and desirable 1/60 shutter speed (for 30 fps 4K).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Camcorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page