Sony 4K Handycam FDR-AX100 thread - Page 119 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 122Likes
post #3541 of 3546 Old Today, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Compatibility with the usb of sony 75x850c

Can somebody help me?
It's possible to playback throught an USB input of the sony 75x850c video loaded in a HHd edited with "sony movie studio" from the AX100?
The italian Sony costumer service writes me that it is possible to playback the video recorded but not for sure if it is edited with MS ("...because it's not supported from them but from Sony crative studio!?!?!?).
Thank you because I have to buy the tv and my AX's video are the only 4k source that I can see now in Italy.

PS.: Do you think will be possible an upgrade to HDR?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3542 of 3546 Old Today, 01:07 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracomon1 View Post
Can somebody help me?
It's possible to playback throught an USB input of the sony 75x850c video loaded in a HHd edited with "sony movie studio" from the AX100?
The italian Sony costumer service writes me that it is possible to playback the video recorded but not for sure if it is edited with MS ("...because it's not supported from them but from Sony crative studio!?!?!?).
Thank you because I have to buy the tv and my AX's video are the only 4k source that I can see now in Italy.

PS.: Do you think will be possible an upgrade to HDR?
I can't say for sure as I don't have your TV. I can confirm, however, that my Samsung 65HU8550 plays back any 4K video file I throw at through one of the USB ports. This includes native files right off the AX100 as well as recoded AVC, MP4, HEVC, and MKV in 1080P or 2160P format.
I think it very likely that the Sony 850C TV's would be just as capable.
I very much doubt if the FDR-AX100 will ever be able record HDR video but I can't say for certain.
post #3543 of 3546 Old Today, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by billdag View Post
I can' for sure as I don't have your TV. I can confirm, however, that my Samsung 65HU8550 plays back any 4K video file I throw at through one of the USB ports. This includes native files right off the AX100 as well as recoded AVC, MP4, HEVC, and MKV in 1080P or 2160P format.
I think it very likely that the Sony 850C TV's would be just as capable.
I very much doubt if the FDR-AX100 will ever be able record HDR video but I can't say for certain.
Thank you very much! I hope so.
post #3544 of 3546 Old Today, 01:48 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Sony 4K Handycam FDR-AX100 thread

Boy would that be sweet if we had a firmware update to allow HDR on the AX100 however I believe the camera must be capable of a certain "F-stops" and there could also be a requirement within the Image sensor and the data processor(s).
post #3545 of 3546 Old Today, 04:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 16
High quality render settings

I'm shooting at 4K 30fps 100Mbps and using Vegas Pro 13 for edit and render.
I am rendering out to 1080p for my Sony 1080p projector.
I would like to render out at the highest quality. I tried one of the "Sony XAVC / XAVC S (*.mp4)" templates but my Dune media player won't play the PCM Uncompressed Audio and you can't change it in the template, it's greyed out. So, my next choice is "Sony AVC/MVC (*.mp4)" because this allows AAC Audio, no problem. But, the Bitrate with these templates will only go to 25,999,360bps. Is this sufficient or should I look for another template? I want the highest quality possible. I may not understand what I need for highest quality? What do you think?
Thanks!

P.S. If this is the wrong forum for this question what would be best.

-Tom
post #3546 of 3546 Unread Today, 07:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom899 View Post
I'm shooting at 4K 30fps 100Mbps and using Vegas Pro 13 for edit and render.
I am rendering out to 1080p for my Sony 1080p projector.
I would like to render out at the highest quality. I tried one of the "Sony XAVC / XAVC S (*.mp4)" templates but my Dune media player won't play the PCM Uncompressed Audio and you can't change it in the template, it's greyed out. So, my next choice is "Sony AVC/MVC (*.mp4)" because this allows AAC Audio, no problem. But, the Bitrate with these templates will only go to 25,999,360bps. Is this sufficient or should I look for another template? I want the highest quality possible. I may not understand what I need for highest quality? What do you think?
Thanks!

P.S. If this is the wrong forum for this question what would be best.
What you could do, if you have lots of time or the videos are not too long, is do an intermediate 4K recoding using HANDBRAKE, a free software program (https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php). You could, for instance recode to AVC and pick any audio format you like. The best part is that you can use as high a bit rate or quality setting as you want so the quality loss would be minimal or even ZERO at the highest setting.
I've been using Handbrake for a couple of years now and it is great! You can even recode a 1080P Blu-Ray movie in less than 15 minutes using Intel QuickSync.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Camcorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page