Sony 4K Handycam FDR-AX100 thread - Page 127 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 143Likes

post #3781 of 3784 Old Yesterday, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So how much of the filming was done with a GoPro? (I recognized the signature 'curved verticals' on many of the shots.) Which model?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3782 of 3784 Old Today, 07:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenMiddx View Post
So how much of the filming was done with a GoPro? (I recognized the signature 'curved verticals' on many of the shots.) Which model?
Quite a bit was done with it. Many are of the same scenes interspersed with the AX-100. If you use the "linear" setting, there is no distortion. I have the latest model - the Hero 5. The footage was shot at 2.7 K. Only complaint I had was that the sound on the GoPro is poor and really bad about allowing background audio drown out the primary source.
post #3783 of 3784 Old Today, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenderson2 View Post
I have the latest model - the Hero 5.
I'm thinking about getting this model, especially now that it has an accessory 'stabilizing' handle available. I bought, and still have, the original GoPro -- but it had too many limitations to really make much use of it -- but this model seems to be very much better.

The quality of the images was good, although it doesn't seem to handle low light so well.

The Rome/Pompeii trip (along with Herculaneum) is something that I intend taking sometime in the next few years. Did you organize the sight-seeing before you left home, or when you arrived?

post #3784 of 3784 Old Today, 02:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 24
The whole tour was a guided tour. I did very little on my own. Since our hotel was just down the block from the Coliseum, I did go there on my own before the whole group went the next day. If you don't go on a organized tour, be sure you go on line before you arrive and arrange for your tickets. Otherwise, there is a long line to purchase them, and I'm not sure that you can get the main floor entrance on site like you can with a prepurchased ticket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Camcorders