Sony 4K Handycam FDR-AX100 thread - Page 19 - AVS Forum
First ... 17  18  19 20  21  ... Last
Camcorders > Sony 4K Handycam FDR-AX100 thread
hatchback's Avatar hatchback 09:27 AM 03-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post

Hatch, I'd be willing to bet, based on what I've downloaded, that compression is almost all YouTube. wink.gif
I agree, the loss of detail in the pine needles is almost certainly due to youtube compression.

lucasberg's Avatar lucasberg 09:34 AM 03-18-2014
I think that is exactly it. Thats what I meant too , it looks like everything else was shot in 30p and that one clip was shot a 24p or something at a high shutter speed.
Eugene157's Avatar Eugene157 10:13 AM 03-18-2014
We’re happy to report we’re preparing to ship the item(s) you ordered.

WOW, I am not going to be able to sleep tonight
Ken Ross's Avatar Ken Ross 10:23 AM 03-18-2014
Hopefully yours is for real Eugene. If so, maybe Blasst will get his too.

If you're the first, the honor that goes with being the first AVS member to receive the camera, comes a huge responsibility, a full owner's report.

We need to live vicariously through you. smile.gif
hatchback's Avatar hatchback 10:43 AM 03-18-2014
Still no delivery estimate from Amazon.... Looks like store.sony.com was the way to go for the AX100.
lucasberg's Avatar lucasberg 11:06 AM 03-18-2014
I just called the South Coast Plaza Sony store by my work and they don't have any either. This is the 1st time in the 10 years I have been ordering from B&H that a pre-order didn't come through on time that I can remember.
Ken Ross's Avatar Ken Ross 12:31 PM 03-18-2014
In a hurry in AX100 4K wink.gif

Ken Ross's Avatar Ken Ross 12:56 PM 03-18-2014
Not good guys. The Sony website is now showing a ship date of 4/15. frown.gif

I'm still hoping those that ordered early will get it much earlier than this.
Blasst's Avatar Blasst 01:53 PM 03-18-2014
I have been getting different answers again on ship date from March 26th now to April 15th.
Really blows that after the wait we end up getting bounced around with multiple answers.
Now I wish that they would not have put "preparing for shipment" on my Sony account yesterday.
It would have been better just to say its back ordered with a approximate ship of of blah, blah, blah.
I'm gonna just plan on hopefully getting it around the middle of April now, since that seems to be the way things are headed.
Tugela's Avatar Tugela 02:03 PM 03-18-2014
"Preparing for shipment" could mean just about anything, perhaps it will be sent the next day, perhaps it means that the order has been placed at the manufacturing facility, lol.

When I ordered in my new tripod I experienced the same thing, it was being "prepared for shipment", supposedly within 2 or 3 working days, but that turned out to be more like three weeks. I think what it really meant was they started to assemble it then, but shipping actually happened much later.
markr041's Avatar markr041 03:10 PM 03-18-2014
You are going to really like this news, or hate it:

A good friend of mine saw Blasst's post yesterday saying the Sony AX100 was in stock at the Sony.com site. He or she ordered the camera at 5:30 PM Eastern DST yesterday. At 7 PM he/she received an e-mail saying the order was "being prepared for shipment", expected ship date March 18. Five minutes ago today he/she received an email saying the camera had shipped, with a tracking number (FedEx Ground). The tracking number works, and the FedEx site says the item is to be delivered Thursday (the free shipping option was selected).

My friend is very grateful for the up-to-the-minute news bulletins here about the availability of the AX100, and wants therefore to share this news. I am protecting her/his identity, just in case some of you do not take this well (so no, I will not post the e-mails).
William Chiu's Avatar William Chiu 03:19 PM 03-18-2014
mine went again from backordered to preparing for shipping.

Quote:

Hopefully yours is for real Eugene. If so, maybe Blasst will get his too.

If you're the first, the honor that goes with being the first AVS member to receive the camera, comes a huge responsibility, a full owner's report.

We need to live vicariously through you. smile.gif

lucasberg's Avatar lucasberg 03:24 PM 03-18-2014
Lol, the Sony store says in stock again right now.
William Chiu's Avatar William Chiu 03:24 PM 03-18-2014
woah!
just got gmail mine shipped and a FEDEX tracking number for Thursday delivery.

... but my credit card does not have a charge.... strange.
Blasst's Avatar Blasst 03:52 PM 03-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by markr041 View Post

You are going to really like this news, or hate it:

A good friend of mine saw Blasst's post yesterday saying the Sony AX100 was in stock at the Sony.com site. He or she ordered the camera at 5:30 PM Eastern DST yesterday. At 7 PM he/she received an e-mail saying the order was "being prepared for shipment", expected ship date March 18. Five minutes ago today he/she received an email saying the camera had shipped, with a tracking number (FedEx Ground). The tracking number works, and the FedEx site says the item is to be delivered Thursday (the free shipping option was selected).

My friend is very grateful for the up-to-the-minute news bulletins here about the availability of the AX100, and wants therefore to share this news. I am protecting her/his identity, just in case some of you do not take this well (so no, I will not post the e-mails).

That is a major score for your friend. You win some, you lose some.wink.gif
Blasst's Avatar Blasst 03:53 PM 03-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Chiu View Post

woah!
just got gmail mine shipped and a FEDEX tracking number for Thursday delivery.

... but my credit card does not have a charge.... strange.

Congrats William. Glad you have a tracking number and you might end up being the first AVS member to get the AX100.
Ken Ross's Avatar Ken Ross 04:05 PM 03-18-2014
Congrats William! Enjoy your free AX100. wink.gif

Hang in there Blasst, eventually.

Mark, we'll need the address of your friend. smile.gif
William Chiu's Avatar William Chiu 04:11 PM 03-18-2014
I still do not see a pending charge on the account.

Quote:

Ken Ross's Avatar Ken Ross 04:54 PM 03-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Chiu View Post

I still do not see a pending charge on the account.

Shhhhh. Sony may be monitoring this thread. biggrin.gif
Ken Ross's Avatar Ken Ross 04:56 PM 03-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasberg View Post

Lol, the Sony store says in stock again right now.

I just went there and it says '4/15'. Weird.

I keep hoping I'll see an email from Amazon with a 'shipped' indicator. It doesn't look like I'll be getting it from a Sony store any time soon.
Tugela's Avatar Tugela 05:11 PM 03-18-2014
They will probably fill online orders first before they start stocking them in their stores.
Ken Ross's Avatar Ken Ross 05:14 PM 03-18-2014
Tug, they didn't do that with the RX10. It was available for sale in the Sony stores on the exact date of the release. This camera is being handled differently for whatever reason.
Eugene157's Avatar Eugene157 05:15 PM 03-18-2014
On it's way, app 120 miles from Carson CA. Should have it by Friday. Not bad considering I only ordered 2 weeks ago. My order was first placed with B+H but I cancelled it assuming Sony would ship first and more units to avoid
the 30% ? commission.

Now I need a TV, waiting for a VIZIO 65" active with back light.
Have a VIZIO 55" now in a den, Viewing distance max 8 feet. using a chair on wheels to adjust the viewing distance according to the PQ and resolution.

But even on a 1920x1080 TV, most of what I have seen so far from the AX100 surpasses nearly everything.
Gene
Ken Ross's Avatar Ken Ross 05:15 PM 03-18-2014
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous. smile.gif

Good luck Eugene!
Blasst's Avatar Blasst 05:23 PM 03-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene157 View Post

On it's way, app 120 miles from Carson CA. Should have it by Friday. Not bad considering I only ordered 2 weeks ago. My order was first placed with B+H but I cancelled it assuming Sony would ship first and more units to avoid
the 30% ? commission.

Gene

Does yours say shipped or just a tracking number only so far?
Blasst's Avatar Blasst 05:27 PM 03-18-2014
Quote:

This has turned into being a yo-yo of a ride I would say.biggrin.gif

One minute you think you will get it the next you are waiting for another month......

The Sony store managers are hearing from a lot of guys who are also looking for the AX100. And they say usually they get a few cameras at launch to sell in the store that aren't earmarked for preorders.......I was hoping that was to be the case , but not this time.
Serafica's Avatar Serafica 06:37 PM 03-18-2014
I ordered online with help from the local Sony store on March 6. I just got notification that it shipped through Fedex with a tracking number for delivery this Saturday. Shipped from Romeoville, IL to San Jose CA.
d-v-c's Avatar d-v-c 07:31 PM 03-18-2014
March 18th:

Great news!
Something fun is on its way.

Date/Time Activity Location
- 3/18/2014 - Tuesday
6:47 pm
Left FedEx origin facility
HILLSIDE, IL
5:09 pm
Picked up
HILLSIDE, IL

Thur 3/20/2014 by 8:00 pm

Special handling section Deliver Weekday, Residential Delivery, Indirect Signature Required

Steve Mullen
DVCinLV
P&Struefan's Avatar P&Struefan 07:31 PM 03-18-2014
Good for you NTSC folks you have this yo-yo ride you're playing! Me in a PAL land and the clearest answer I got regarding the availability date is "April". When I asked the dealer when in April the answer then became somewhat murkier like around the local Easter break. I then figured that "around" might as well mean April 30th. No holding breath for it unfortunately.

Ken, from many Japanese clips I've seen so far on YouTube I didn't notice any weaknesses in the camera's stabilization. It may not be exceptional but it didn't look too bad either. You sure will be disappointed, though, if you expect it to perform as well as the system on the gimbal/gyro active OIS models such as the still current PJ790V. There's no way to fit a similar gyro module for 1" sensor into the camera body as small as the AX100's.
Ken Ross's Avatar Ken Ross 08:21 PM 03-18-2014
P&S, I'll be happy if it's better than my RX10, but no, I don't expect it to be as stabile as the gimbal/gyro systems.

But hey, at this rate, I may have 4K in my cellphone before I get the AX100. rolleyes.gif
First ... 17  18  19 20  21  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop