Forum Jump: 
 47Likes

post #2491 of 2493 Old Today, 08:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 748 Post(s)
Liked: 840
Another silly Mac vs PC debate that should have its own thread. I use Edius Pro and it doesn't run on Mac nor do I have any interest in a dual-boot environment. My PCs run great, have for years and I have no need to switch.
leamas and socal444 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2492 of 2493 Old Today, 10:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
Another silly Mac vs PC debate that should have its own thread. I use Edius Pro and it doesn't run on Mac nor do I have any interest in a dual-boot environment. My PCs run great, have for years and I have no need to switch.
Dont fan the flame if you dont like the fire. Better to let it burn out.
post #2493 of 2493 Old Today, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by leamas View Post
Ok, you can minimize the noise in your PC as much as possible by getting expensive silent fans all over. But I don't think this is what you want in the end. Your refrigerator makes some noise anyway probably.
"With all this power enclosed in such a small space, you’d think that the new Apple Mac Pro would produce a sound similar to a jet during takeoff, but that assumption would be incorrect. In fact, the new Mac Pro is one of, if not the quietest desktop workstation we have ever used. Using a single, well designed fan, this Mac Pro produces an astounding acoustic level of only 12dB at idle and only slightly higher when under load. Even after several hours of testing, the only time we ever heard the fan in the Mac Pro was if we positioned our ear a few inches above the enclosure, and even then, the moving air made more noise than the fan itself. This is made possible by the unified thermal core that has the CPU and both graphics cards using a single, triangular shaped heat sink, greatly reducing the space and number of fans required for proper heat dissipation."
http://www.videomaker.com/article/17...mac-pro-review
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page