Need help choosing a higher-end consumer camcorder - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-26-2014, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been looking at a few camcorders and looked to get some feedback on a few. The main camcorders I'm considering right now are:

Sony: FDR-AX100, HDR-CX900, HDR-PJ810
Canon: G30, G20

This will be just a family use camcorder, no professional work at all. Because of that I feel the PJ810 or G20 would be a better fit as I won't need a lot of the pro-sumer features. Part of me wants to stay away from the AX100 as I don't have anything to consume 4k video with yet, plus I don't want to deal with the extra storage required or extra processing time needed for re-encoding. Also, we only film with phones today, so anything will be an improvement to us. I just want to get nice quality recordings, and having options to play with can always be fun.

Questions:
  • No stores around me have the AX100 or CX900 yet. I worry about the size and weight of these as they seem a bit bigger than the PJ810. Are the official weight and dimension for these 2 out there yet?
  • Has anyone actually worked with the CX900 yet? I know it's the non-4k version of the AX100, but I'm wondering how video quality is for this camera.

If I had to narrow it down to 2, I'd say the PJ810 and CX900 are my top 2 choices. But without anyone really talking about the CX900 yet, I worry if it will be a good camera or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-27-2014, 05:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Just order the 4K AX100 online from B&H and save the sales tax if you don't live in NY. Upload the 2160p videos to youtube so anyone on the planet could view them on any device.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1022653-REG/sony_fdrax100_b_hdr_ax100_full_hd_handycam.html
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page