Sony HDR-CX12 worth it anymore? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-27-2014, 12:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hello everyone.  I'm very fresh with camcorders and I'm looking to grab a low cost one under $250 that would provide decent video for film projects I'll be doing.  I've had some concern with low light on the cheap low end cameras and don't really see many reviews for the cheap ones.  Are there any that you guys would recommend under $250?  Having access to a tilting screen is required for the type of shooting i'll be doing.

Also, I found someone selling an old HDR-CX12 for $175 and was wondering if that seemed like a good deal.  It's pretty outdated these days, though(2008)!

Really appreciate any feedback; I've done a lot of forum searching here and it seems like most people end up going with the Canon r400.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-27-2014, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Update:  After doing some more fishing around, I've been reading about sensors, and the oldish CX12 has a 1/3" sensor.  At my price range and even up to $300, all I have found are 1/4" sensors.  Will this make a big difference despite everything being older tech on the Sony?  Other than the sensor it seems like even the Canon R400/40 has it beat; much higher optical zoom, seems like a better lens, and similar lux.  Some reviews say they're both rated at 5 lux, but others say cx12 is lower, so I'm a little confused on it.

Reply Camcorders
Gear in this thread - HDR-CX12 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page