Just bought a HC-V750 Camcorder need your help please - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 21 Old 04-22-2014, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone I just got my new Panasonic hc-v750 I need your help concerning the slow motion so I select the option from the menu and I push the rec button afterwards I press the slow motion icon on the lcd but when I want to see the scene not all what I have recorded is in slow motion but a short scene within the whole video please help I am new to camcorders and I am sorry if this question was asked
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 04-22-2014, 10:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 15

That is exactly right. The Slo-Mo forms part of a shot with normal speed video around it. You get three chances of Slo-Mo within a shot. This makes sense in a sporting context where you might want to slow a golf swing down for analysis. Basically the 750 is not a slow motion camera, it just has the Slo-Mo option.

If you want only Slo-Mo, first hold the icon button for longer and, second, edit out the normal speed video from around the Slo-Mo.

post #3 of 21 Old 04-22-2014, 10:28 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your help I will try it and I will be grateful if someone can illustrate it with a video it is going to be easy for me thanks indeed
post #4 of 21 Old 04-22-2014, 10:45 PM

The mid section is in slow motion

post #5 of 21 Old 04-22-2014, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you very much what about configuring the speed of the slow motion how should I proceed and where I can set that thanks
post #6 of 21 Old 04-22-2014, 11:33 PM

Sorry, you can't, one speed fits all. Please remember that this is essentially a video camera with options such as time lapse, 8mm film and Slo-Mo etc. Having said that, it is an excellent video camera that can take good still photos as well.

Now if you want to vary the Slo-Mo speed, this can be done in post production. Get yourself a good video editor and learn how to use it. (fairly steep learning curve - plenty of video tutorials available)

I use Corel VideoStudio Pro X7 and if I want to slow the video down, I can "stretch" it on the Timeline. To speed up I "compress" it.

If you are new to all this, first you have bought a top camera, but this is really the first step. The next and more creative step is to edit your "shots" together to make a complete video. You will add titles, voiceover, music, special effects and transitions to create a video that can be put on DVD or memory card, YouTube and Vimeo etc. or just to watch on your PC.

To me the options, mentioned above, are nice to have but the recording of good video plus audio is the main reason for me to buy this camera.

post #7 of 21 Old 04-22-2014, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks I will follow your advice I will work hard on editing I already have some notions with Ulead video studio please what are THE MUST HAVE accessories for this Camcorder in order to help making good videos
Thanks for your help
post #8 of 21 Old 04-23-2014, 01:22 AM

This will depend on your interests and you will build up a range of accessories as you go along. Possibly the first (and expensive ) extra would be a second battery plus a mains/12v charger, I bought a second 190 as the 380 battery is so expensive. An extra SD card is handy as well

The 750 mics are very good for general use but can be affected by stronger winds so an external stereo mic with a wind muff can be useful. As a general rule it is better to video from afar but record audio close up so a 3.5mm to 3.5mm extension lead is useful as well. Avoid cheap wireless mics. (I suggest a stereo mic as the camera records in stereo and there have been problems with mono to stereo adapters connected to the external mic socket.) Plus a set of headphones, in-ear or over ear to monitor the sound.

Next. Well I always use a cheap 49mm UV filter lens to cover the main lens. This is primarily for protection to the mechanical lens cover and lens itself from dust, sand or knocks (so is sacrificial) but does improve the outside shots by removing UV glare. Remove when using flash with still photography as the flash reflects on the glass and so back into the camera lens. (poor design Panasonic!!)

A tripod. Again as I say it depends on what you want to photograph and the optical image stabiliser (OIS) is very good but a tripod is very handy and essential for telephoto shots. The "ideal" is heavy duty with a "fluid head" to give smooth pan shots. I also use a "Walking stick" monopod, both light and easy to carry.

An up-to-date PC with a good editor programme. This should (and probably will) include USB, a SD card reader and a DVD burner. With this you can edit and produce final videos. If you have a Blu-Ray player (but not a Blu-Ray burner on your PC) You can create AVCHD DVDs which are of a better standard than the normal DVD but will only play on the BR player.

Please remember you can build up your kit over time and the next important purchase will depend on your interests. Example may be for wildlife photography, the tripod and your Wi-Fi remote control may become the primary bits of kit.

Hope that helps.

I now going to edit the Easter weekend filming of my Grandchildren on the "Great Little Trains of Wales".

post #9 of 21 Old 04-23-2014, 05:35 AM

Sorry to be of annoyance but will any 49mm UV filter lens fit this camera. I also just bought one and I don't want to damage the lens. Can you please point me in the right direction on this

Thanks in advance
post #10 of 21 Old 04-23-2014, 05:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc26 View Post

Sorry to be of annoyance but will any 49mm UV filter lens fit this camera. I also just bought one and I don't want to damage the lens. Can you please point me in the right direction on this

Thanks in advance

Check the book. If it says 49mm is the filter size, it will fit. Quality will vary among brands, but not by a lot that will be truly visible. It does not have to be a UV filter. It can be a plain and clear "protective filter".
Mc26 likes this.
post #11 of 21 Old 04-23-2014, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsprague View Post

Check the book. If it says 49mm is the filter size, it will fit. Quality will vary among brands, but not by a lot that will be truly visible. It does not have to be a UV filter. It can be a plain and clear "protective filter".

I use UV as it does both jobs of protection and reducing glare. The 49mm is a standard lens diameter and the threaded ring in front of the lens will fit most 49mm filters. Look for Hama or Hoya.

Ulead were taken over by Corel and X7 is the 17th version of the editing software. If you are used to Ulead, I suggest you look at Corel.

post #12 of 21 Old 04-23-2014, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terfyn View Post

I use UV as it does both jobs of protection and reducing glare. The 49mm is a standard lens diameter and the threaded ring in front of the lens will fit most 49mm filters. Look for Hama or Hoya.

Ulead were taken over by Corel and X7 is the 17th version of the editing software. If you are used to Ulead, I suggest you look at Corel.
With all due respect, UV filters were for film as it could be effected by Ultra Violet light. Digital sensors are not. UV filters on digital cameras do nothing other than protect the lens from things that scratch. There are various claims of anti glare coatings on lots of lenses and filters but unless someone has reinvented the physics of light, glare and UV have nothing to do with each other.
post #13 of 21 Old 04-23-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:

With all due respect, UV filters were for film as it could be effected by Ultra Violet light. Digital sensors are not. UV filters on digital cameras do nothing other than protect the lens from things that scratch. There are various claims of anti glare coatings on lots of lenses and filters but unless someone has reinvented the physics of light, glare and UV have nothing to do with each other.

Well they work for my camera. It is good to have the opinion of experts.

post #14 of 21 Old 04-23-2014, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

;) 
Thanks for all the precious information I really appreciate it seems that you are a professional photographer ....now I need to do some savings to get my tripod my microphone and maybe my wifi stuff that I don't know if you can send me a link to one which is not very expensive thanks again :) 

post #15 of 21 Old 04-23-2014, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well they work for my camera. It is good to have the opinion of experts.
I can't tell if you mean, "Well, they work good for my camera." Or, "Will they work for my camera?" I also can't tell if you are insulted because I was rude to give what you call expert advice.

So, rather than try to explain what UV filters do, what lens reflection is, what lens coatings are, what lens flare is and what "glare" might be here is someone what someone else wrote:

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/8049091537/the-uv-filter

http://www.canon.com/technology/s_labo/light/003/03.html
post #16 of 21 Old 04-23-2014, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I can't tell if you mean, "Well, they work good for my camera." Or, "Will they work for my camera?" I also can't tell if you are insulted because I was rude to give what you call expert advice.

So, rather than try to explain what UV filters do, what lens reflection is, what lens coatings are, what lens flare is and what "glare" might be here is someone what someone else wrote:

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/8049091537/the-uv-filter

http://www.canon.com/technology/s_labo/light/003/03.html

Thank you very much for the advise

I really appreciate

post #17 of 21 Old 04-24-2014, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Hi I have a question I want to buy a microphone for my HC-V750 and I found a good deal for Nikon ME-1 please is this mic compatible with my Panasonic hc-v750 thanks
post #18 of 21 Old 04-24-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redouane View Post

Hi I have a question I want to buy a microphone for my HC-V750 and I found a good deal for Nikon ME-1 please is this mic compatible with my Panasonic hc-v750 thanks

It should work fine. (in theory - I don't know the mic) It has a 3.5mm stereo plug that will fit the 750 ok. You will probably need the windmuff outside to reduce wind roar.

I suggest a set of phones to monitor the signal, they don't need to be special except that they need a 3.5mm stereo plug to fit the socket on the 750.

post #19 of 21 Old 04-24-2014, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

It should work fine. (in theory - I don't know the mic) It has a 3.5mm stereo plug that will fit the 750 ok. You will probably need the windmuff outside to reduce wind roar.
I suggest a set of phones to monitor the signal, they don't need to be special except that they need a 3.5mm stereo plug to fit the socket on the 750.
Thanks for your help what about a very compact tripod that I can carry with me I mean a small and solid one thanks
post #20 of 21 Old 04-24-2014, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redouane View Post

Thanks for your help what about a very compact tripod that I can carry with me I mean a small and solid one thanks

First what do you want the tripod for? This will decide on what you buy. Tripods are something of a contradiction, heavier and more solid but not so easily portable OR lightweight but more prone to vibration.

I have a Velbon D-700, it is heavy and solid plus it has a fluid head. The fluid head is designed for video work and gives a smooth pan or tilt. I also have a Jessops DSLR tripod, light aluminium really designed to support a stills camera but it will hold my video camera inside the house.

I tend to use my third support, a monopod from 7dayshop.com, most often, it can be used as a walking stick as well as a camera support. With the 750 having good optical image stabilisation, a simple support is often all that is needed but, of course, it is not self supporting like a tripod, it just gives a steady base.

post #21 of 21 Old 04-24-2014, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

OK got it as you know I am new to videoing I want to get some landscapes videos and also still pictures with my camera I will get the tripod for steadyness and maybe leave my camera on to get filmed..... a kind of presentation
Reply Camcorders
Gear in this thread - HC-V750 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page