Panasonic V750M shooting in bright sun + wind - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-02-2014, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys.
New to the forums and have not done much videoing for a long time.

The last camera i used was pretty much useless on bright sunny days because i could not see the LCD screen at all. It was a cheap Kogan.

My kids are now at an age where they are doing a lot of outdoor sports.

Does anyone know what the V750M is like in bright sunlight. Tried googling but couldn't find much.

Also what about when it is reasonably windy. Again the cheap Kogan all you could hear was wind.

Im not locked into this camera so would be happy for any other options. As i said it will be used mainly outdoors. We are also doing a family trip to the USA this year so really want a good quality one that will take good video.

Budget up to say $900

Thanks in advance for any advice

Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-02-2014, 10:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 13

Used my V750 (not M) for some two months now. The pictures are clear and sharp and the mics are good but (if anything) rather sensitive. I made a screen for my V700 against sunlight but I have never used it and I still don't need it for the 750. The LCD is bright and clear. I set it to the +1 for brightness and have always had a good picture. (and we do have sun in the UK!)

Now for the sound. Panasonic have included a wind muff over the mics and it does work but only in light breezes, any strong wind will cause a slight roaring. I think that it would be possible to make a small "deadcat" to fit over the existing mics and this should help but I still use my external mics for outside work. In still conditions the sound pickup is excellent.

Overall this is a super little camera. I have the V700 and ran with that for two years. I dithered over buying the V720 but I'm glad I did because then they bought out the V750.  IMO there is no great advantage in buying the M version as a 16 or 32 Gb Class 10 SD card will give hours of video. I use two 16 Gb cards. What you will need is an extra battery as I find I go through two batteries during a day's shoot. I also have a universal charger that runs off 12V as well as mains. (Re: SD cards. Class 4 and above will work OK for normal Video but you need a Class 10 for any slow motion filming - very useful for sporting moments) 

post #3 of 4 Old 05-02-2014, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply smile.gif
post #4 of 4 Old 05-07-2014, 11:14 AM

Make sure the sun is at your back, otherwise it will cast a shadow on the subject.  Sometimes I do not have a choice with the sun and resort to back lighting internally or increasing white balance to get a usable shot.

Reply Camcorders
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page