Playing 4K Videos on 4K Monitors and TV's - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 17Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 137 Old 09-27-2014, 11:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Bixbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Sweden
Posts: 221
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I finally found a perfect solution to play my Panasonic FZ1000 MP4 UHD files that i rendered with Power Director and copied to an external USB3 HDD (internal HDD in a USB3 chassi).... I bought the Sony KD55X8505B TV which is fairly cheap in Sweden 16990 SEK. It plays the UHD MP4 files flawlessly with smooth motion. For my HD m2ts files I still must use the Dune. mediaplayer.
Bixbe is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 137 Old 10-18-2014, 05:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
Eugene157's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Palm Springs area
Posts: 724
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyxwb View Post
I have regular i7 laptop and i5 desktop. Will I get it to work if I upgrade video card on my desktop?

Power Director was mentioned for editing, I use v13 but started with v11.

PD uses proxy editing, meaning you edit in SD after the 4K files are automatically converted, meaning a slower computer and GPU can do. In the final version the SD files are replaced with the 4K material.

Works great.

Eugene

Last edited by Eugene157; 10-18-2014 at 05:50 PM.
Eugene157 is offline  
post #63 of 137 Old 10-19-2014, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markr041's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,923
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 935 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene157 View Post
Power Director was mentioned for editing, I use v13 but started with v11.

PD uses proxy editing, meaning you edit in SD after the 4K files are automatically converted, meaning a slower computer and GPU can do. In the final version the SD files are replaced with the 4K material.

Works great.

Eugene

Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 does the same thing - automatically convert the 4K clips to sd clips so you edit with proxy files but then create true 4K videos. I have used the program to edit 4K and create 4Kvideos on my Celeron-powered $249 notebook computer on the road.
markr041 is offline  
 
post #64 of 137 Old 10-21-2014, 10:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jogiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,929
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 673 Post(s)
Liked: 359
Here is one of my favorite 4K demo youtube videos I like to watch on my 4K displays.

click here for 3840x2160 4K UHD screenshot

There is no audio track so I play my own audio or just play an audio track from youtube like the following :
jogiba is online now  
post #65 of 137 Old 10-21-2014, 12:46 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ken Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 31,999
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6652 Post(s)
Liked: 7327
Joe that first one is utterly gorgeous with endless 4K detail. Much of that footage looks like what was used in one of the Sony UHD demos.
Ken Ross is offline  
post #66 of 137 Old 10-22-2014, 11:25 AM
Member
 
Greenwavepaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 27
The following could be of some interest for someone...

I recently purchased the Sony Bravia X900B 4K television and discovered it could'nt play 4K files from the USB-port, except for HEVC(H265)-files.

I have been looking around some time to find descent software to convert my ProRes-files (i use Final Cut on a iMac for editing my Sony AX100 4K-footage). I tried different brands of software, but didn't find something that actually worked fine. I managed to do some renderings with the free DIVX-software, but in more than 90% of my trying, it crashed over and over again. Also the image was darkened.

Finally i found DVDFab-converter. This software is really amazing! The H265 renderings seem to look even better than the original and camera movements are fluid. Price is about 40$ for 2 year use, but in my opinion it is worth every penny. You can download a trial-version for 30 days here: http://www.dvdfab.cn/video-converter-for-mac.htm
Greenwavepaul is offline  
post #67 of 137 Old 10-22-2014, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markr041's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,923
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 935 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenwavepaul View Post
The following could be of some interest for someone...

I recently purchased the Sony Bravia X900B 4K television and discovered it could'nt play 4K files from the USB-port, except for HEVC(H265)-files.

I have been looking around some time to find descent software to convert my ProRes-files (i use Final Cut on a iMac for editing my Sony AX100 4K-footage). I tried different brands of software, but didn't find something that actually worked fine. I managed to do some renderings with the free DIVX-software, but in more than 90% of my trying, it crashed over and over again. Also the image was darkened.

Finally i found DVDFab-converter. This software is really amazing! The H265 renderings seem to look even better than the original and camera movements are fluid. Price is about 40$ for 2 year use, but in my opinion it is worth every penny. You can download a trial-version for 30 days here: http://www.dvdfab.cn/video-converter-for-mac.htm

I find it hard to believe that the Sony can only play H265 4K files, and no h264 4K files. What 4K video files did you try playing - video codec and audio codec, please. Thanks.
markr041 is offline  
post #68 of 137 Old 10-22-2014, 01:07 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ken Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 31,999
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6652 Post(s)
Liked: 7327
Quote:
Originally Posted by markr041 View Post
I find it hard to believe that the Sony can only play H265 4K files, and no h264 4K files. What 4K video files did you try playing - video codec and audio codec, please. Thanks.
I'd agree, it does sound odd.
Ken Ross is offline  
post #69 of 137 Old 10-23-2014, 01:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Bixbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Sweden
Posts: 221
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 16
My retailer for my Panasonic UHD AX800 has got an answer directly from Japan of how to display USB HDD files. I must format the drives exFAT instead of NTFS. I have not tried it yet. I hope I can just copy and drag the files from the NTFS to the exFAT disc. Reformat with the files on the disc is a bad idea.
My Sony UHD X850 plays the NTFS formatted MP4 files with USB smoother than WMP with the Pc.
Bixbe is online now  
post #70 of 137 Old 10-23-2014, 07:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Bixbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Sweden
Posts: 221
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 16
It worked! I formatted a USB HDD to exFAT and copied all my UHD MP4 files from the NTFS HDD. I set the USB HDD in the USB3 on the Panasonic UHD AX800 and the movies are as smooth as the DisplayPort from my Pc and the USB on the Sony X850.
All thanks to my retailer in Stockholm who contacted Panasonic in Japan.
Bixbe is online now  
post #71 of 137 Old 10-23-2014, 10:06 AM
Member
 
Greenwavepaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by markr041 View Post
I find it hard to believe that the Sony can only play H265 4K files, and no h264 4K files. What 4K video files did you try playing - video codec and audio codec, please. Thanks.

I own the TV and tested different codecs in 4K, mainly using the standard settings of Apple's Compressor software. None of them played on my Sony TV. But they did on a recent Samsung 4K TV in a TV store. The Samsung even played 4K pro-res-files, though not fluid.

But i don't care anymore about the Sony not playing other 4K files since i discovered this H265 encoding software. Files are surprisingly small. Rendering times are long (about 15 hours for 30 minutes of 4K), however the result is really worth the wait.

If there are better solutions out there, please let me know. But for the time being, i'm very happy with this.

Last edited by Greenwavepaul; 10-23-2014 at 10:10 AM.
Greenwavepaul is offline  
post #72 of 137 Old 10-23-2014, 01:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jogiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,929
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 673 Post(s)
Liked: 359
jogiba is online now  
post #73 of 137 Old 10-23-2014, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markr041's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,923
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 935 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenwavepaul View Post
I own the TV and tested different codecs in 4K, mainly using the standard settings of Apple's Compressor software. None of them played on my Sony TV. But they did on a recent Samsung 4K TV in a TV store. The Samsung even played 4K pro-res-files, though not fluid.

But i don't care anymore about the Sony not playing other 4K files since i discovered this H265 encoding software. Files are surprisingly small. Rendering times are long (about 15 hours for 30 minutes of 4K), however the result is really worth the wait.

If there are better solutions out there, please let me know. But for the time being, i'm very happy with this.

It is not useful to make a blanket statement that your Sony TV does not play any 4K files other than those encoded using H265, when you only tried a very specific codec (which you are still not revealing). If you can encode a 4K H264 MP4 file using AAC audio I will bet it will work, and it will take much less long to encode (by an order of magnitude). Apple software is notorious for not trying to conform to standards other than its own.


I am sure we are all glad you are happy.
markr041 is offline  
post #74 of 137 Old 10-23-2014, 07:52 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi, can those that have this box comment on the streaming performance of 4k or UHD content over home networks please? I have an sony AX100E and a 2014 LG 79UB980T Australian versions and have so far been unable to play the xavc-s native files at all on the TV via USB or DLNA from my Mybookliveduo NAS. They do work via PC direct connection or HDMI from camcorder though. Is the 10/100 port on this box able to stream high bitrate UHD content? I think I read it can process 100mbit UHD but I'd this possible via network stream? Cheers guys.
CosmicFTW is offline  
post #75 of 137 Old 10-23-2014, 11:02 PM
Member
 
Greenwavepaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by markr041 View Post
It is not useful to make a blanket statement that your Sony TV does not play any 4K files other than those encoded using H265, when you only tried a very specific codec (which you are still not revealing). If you can encode a 4K H264 MP4 file using AAC audio I will bet it will work, and it will take much less long to encode (by an order of magnitude). Apple software is notorious for not trying to conform to standards other than its own.


I am sure we are all glad you are happy.
What seems not useful for you, may be useful for others. I didn't make a blanket statement, just shared my own experiences. I'm sorry for not being such a tech guy like you seem to be, just another dumb mac-user. If you have the solution to make H264 work on this particular Sony TV why don't you try for yourself and share your experiences with us !

I am sure we all be glad if you do.
Greenwavepaul is offline  
post #76 of 137 Old 10-24-2014, 03:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markr041's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,923
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 935 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenwavepaul View Post
What seems not useful for you, may be useful for others. I didn't make a blanket statement, just shared my own experiences. I'm sorry for not being such a tech guy like you seem to be, just another dumb mac-user. If you have the solution to make H264 work on this particular Sony TV why don't you try for yourself and share your experiences with us !

I am sure we all be glad if you do.

I asked you what exact codec you tried, and you did not answer; I suggested a codec that should work (a solution), but you did not try it. If you want to ignore help, that's fine.
jgwatt likes this.
markr041 is offline  
post #77 of 137 Old 10-28-2014, 12:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
Eugene157's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Palm Springs area
Posts: 724
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixbe View Post
One not so expensive NLE that works very good with 4K MP4 is Cyberlink Power Director 11 or 12. I have edited thousands of clips without problems. It has lots of options with transitions, text etc. Don´t forget to make a profile for 4K with the "intelligent SVRT" option. The other options will not work for 4K (UHD).
I have not figured out yet how to add my music. There is a "magic music" box with lousy music that one has to buy before use.
I upgraded to PD13 since it handled 265 HEVC. Have used PD11/12 and it works well on the 4 year old i7 920 , 12GB computer

The proxy editing is smooth and fast, provided your 4K files have all been converted to "Shadow Files" before you start.

My longest 4K video is 90 min long, no problem.

The codecs used provide for very clean video. The SVRT has been changed and now appears to work flawlessly,

Did have plans to buy the VIZIO 70" TV but it will only Play HEVC 4K files, that is insane for a 2014 TV.. To convert 1 minute of 264 4K to HEVC in the high PQ mode takes around 50 minutes, so conversion is not really practical. So will see what the 2015 CES brings. Intrigued by the HISENSE ULED TV series, holds lots of promises as did VIZIO. Hope HS can deliver.

Eugene

Last edited by Eugene157; 10-28-2014 at 12:33 PM.
Eugene157 is offline  
post #78 of 137 Old 10-28-2014, 12:40 PM
Advanced Member
 
Mattias Burling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 974
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Im debating to get a Minix Neo X8-H, mostly so I can play retro video games on my TV and mirror my Galaxy Tab.
But I remembered this thread and it is 4K so sorry if its already been talked about.

Mattias Burling is offline  
post #79 of 137 Old 10-29-2014, 10:53 AM
Advanced Member
 
Eugene157's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Palm Springs area
Posts: 724
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Nice find.

Apparently no HEVC support, yet, but things are happening. Have not found anything HEVC from ROKU yet.

QUOTE:

Note that the Amlogic S802 chip in the X8-H only has hardware decoding for 4K video encoded into H.264 video and does indeed work according to here. However if your looking for H.265/HEVC support is it not present in the S802, the S815 chip does have H.265/HEVC support up to 4K but they aren't on the market yet.

Eugene
Eugene157 is offline  
post #80 of 137 Old 11-02-2014, 05:09 AM
Senior Member
 
jgwatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 221
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Thank you Markr041 for pointing me to this forum and as a result I have immediately ordered the Probox2 ex.

When it arrives I should then be able to see what the Galaxy s5 4K videos are like and then I am definitely ordering the Sony AX100.

As I am new to all this I could not quite understand that the Probox2 ex has only a micro chip input and not the SDXC input. that would appear to be a shame because if it did then I could simply take the SDXC chip out of the AX100 and put it in the Probox2 ex. Is there a way round that.?

Can I use 32gb SDHC formatted to exfat for recording in 4K with the AX100?.

On another note and maybe another forum,,, I am trying to decide whether the Pinnacle Studio 18 (recently just released) which I have ordered as an upgrade (I have been using the studio 16) is as good as or better that the Power Director 13. Any one out there with advice.

Thanks all
John
jgwatt is offline  
post #81 of 137 Old 11-02-2014, 08:31 AM
Advanced Member
 
Eugene157's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Palm Springs area
Posts: 724
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwatt View Post
Thank you Markr041 for pointing me to this forum and as a result I have immediately ordered the Probox2 ex.

When it arrives I should then be able to see what the Galaxy s5 4K videos are like and then I am definitely ordering the Sony AX100.

As I am new to all this I could not quite understand that the Probox2 ex has only a micro chip input and not the SDXC input. that would appear to be a shame because if it did then I could simply take the SDXC chip out of the AX100 and put it in the Probox2 ex. Is there a way round that.?

Can I use 32gb SDHC formatted to exfat for recording in 4K with the AX100?.

On another note and maybe another forum,,, I am trying to decide whether the Pinnacle Studio 18 (recently just released) which I have ordered as an upgrade (I have been using the studio 16) is as good as or better that the Power Director 13. Any one out there with advice.

Thanks all
John
John as I mentioned , I have been using Pinnacle for a long time. PD is not that much different, the learning curve is not that steep.
One plus in my mind was that 64 bit operation was build from the ground up while in P it was added just recently. Before you decide download PD for a 30 day test drive to get a feel for it. I did in fact, before buying download about 6 other editors and found the PD to be the all around best for my use. I usually keep my videos simple, a few transitions, title and on occasion music using Smart Sound.SS was in fact used with early P editors but for some reason abandoned. I downloaded SS oriental music for our China Video done with the AX100 and PD12.
And regardless what you buy it must have proxy editing, that is all editing of 4K or HD is done in SD, only the finished version is using the 4K or HD original video. It did not see any mention of that in P18.

Here are parts of the 4K video, disregard the heavy youtube compression and lack of sunshine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD1lwj_iGvM

For the ProBox you could use a SD to USB adapter that should work ok. That is what I do when I take video samples to Best Buy for testing.


Good luck

Eugene

Last edited by Eugene157; 11-02-2014 at 01:18 PM.
Eugene157 is offline  
post #82 of 137 Old 11-05-2014, 11:07 PM
Senior Member
 
jgwatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 221
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Thanks Eugene and yes, I have taken your advice & started to download PD 13.
Today I received the upgrade to SP 18,,, Actually they sent me the FULL version for the cost of the upgrade so that was good.
I will let you know how I get on with them both and I will look into the (must have proxy editing).
With the purchase you get " Includes FREE training! Get a 6-week, all-access pass to StudioBacklot.tv, featuring brand-new Pinnacle Studio 18 content," so that could be helpful.

Thanks again
jgwatt is offline  
post #83 of 137 Old 11-13-2014, 12:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jogiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,929
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 673 Post(s)
Liked: 359
BestBuy to offer 55" Samsung 4K UHD TV for $900 !


http://www.twice.com/news/retail/bes...-bf-lead/54870



I am waiting for low cost OLED 4K UHD TVs .

Last edited by jogiba; 11-13-2014 at 03:23 PM.
jogiba is online now  
post #84 of 137 Old 11-15-2014, 01:53 AM
Senior Member
 
jgwatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 221
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene157 View Post
John as I mentioned , I have been using Pinnacle for a long time. PD is not that much different, the learning curve is not that steep.
One plus in my mind was that 64 bit operation was build from the ground up while in P it was added just recently. Before you decide download PD for a 30 day test drive to get a feel for it. I did in fact, before buying download about 6 other editors and found the PD to be the all around best for my use. I usually keep my videos simple, a few transitions, title and on occasion music using Smart Sound.SS was in fact used with early P editors but for some reason abandoned. I downloaded SS oriental music for our China Video done with the AX100 and PD12.
And regardless what you buy it must have proxy editing, that is all editing of 4K or HD is done in SD, only the finished version is using the 4K or HD original video. It did not see any mention of that in P18.

Here are parts of the 4K video, disregard the heavy youtube compression and lack of sunshine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD1lwj_iGvM

For the ProBox you could use a SD to USB adapter that should work ok. That is what I do when I take video samples to Best Buy for testing.


Good luck

Eugene

Eugene, I believe you are quite proficient with PD 13 so I have a strange situation now I have done some comparisons with Pinnacle 18.

I have taken a clip (its in AVCHD) to try to compare the end result but here is the problem:-

On PD 13 the clip runs for 1.37 mins and to produce it in MPEG 2 at 1920 x 1080/24p (25mbps) the file size is 293.4mb
On P 18 The very same clip 1.37 mins and to produce it in MPEG 2 1920 x 1080/24p (30mbps) the file size is 409.6mb.

Ok so the difference is in the 25mbps vs 30mbps but my problem is the PD13 does not seem to have the ability to go further than the 25mbps.

What am I missing here?.

Thank you
john
jgwatt is offline  
post #85 of 137 Old 11-22-2014, 04:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
Eugene157's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Palm Springs area
Posts: 724
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Is anyone using the Minix X8-H plus 4K Android Media Player ?

How well does it play 264 MP4 4K video from a hard drive or USB stick ?

I ordered the VIZIO P 70" TV, as is known, it will not play the above video via it's USB port.

So a 4K player is needed and the Minix X8-H plus 4K Android Media Player fits the bill.

Any input is appreciated

Eugene
Eugene157 is offline  
post #86 of 137 Old 11-25-2014, 09:16 AM
Advanced Member
 
chenderson2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Houston, TX, USA
Posts: 576
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 29
The Probox is $159 and plays the 4k files through the HDMI. It is also Android based.
chenderson2 is offline  
post #87 of 137 Old 11-25-2014, 05:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
Eugene157's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Palm Springs area
Posts: 724
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenderson2 View Post
The Probox is $159 and plays the 4k files through the HDMI. It is also Android based.

Was it Minix you had problems with?

Just realized that AFTER I ordered the Minix X8-H plus 4K Android Media Player

Happy Thanksgiving
Eugene157 is offline  
post #88 of 137 Old 11-26-2014, 04:05 AM
Advanced Member
 
chenderson2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Houston, TX, USA
Posts: 576
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene157 View Post
Was it Minix you had problems with?

Just realized that AFTER I ordered the Minix X8-H plus 4K Android Media Player

Happy Thanksgiving
No, you're fine. This is the one that was so much trouble.
NanoTech NuvolaTM NP-1, NP1- Ultra HD 4K Streaming Android

I don't know if they ever work, but mine didn't and the dealer was entirely unresponsive. In fact, Amazon refunded my money on their A to Z program.

I think as 4K becomes more main stream, these external players will become unnecessary as they will build the capability into the TV sets like they do for HD now.
chenderson2 is offline  
post #89 of 137 Old 11-26-2014, 07:53 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ken Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 31,999
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6652 Post(s)
Liked: 7327
^ They're already largely unnecessary with recent vintage UHD TVs.

Although the Probox serves its purpose, it is not what I'd call an 'elegant' solution. Some of the 4K players incorporated in the Probox are not the best and present artifacts during the 4K>HD downconversion. Others don't play multiple clips in succession if you're playing individual clips directly from a memory card reader (there is no memory card slot).

I don't recall which of the included 4K players worked the best, but each has its own compromises. At least that's what I've found. But hey, it does work.
Ken Ross is offline  
post #90 of 137 Old 11-28-2014, 09:56 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
OK - so I am rendering 39 minutes of AX100 concert footage I shot through Vegas Pro 13 for the first time. In choosing the render template I went with the 4K 3840 x 2160 29.97 fps with an output container labelled MXF. As I type I am 2 hours into a projected 4h and 10 min render for those 39 minutes of footage. Some internet searching says that VLC is capable of mxf file playback. Any feedback on 4K VLC capabilities?
For the ProBox owners -are the codecs there to playback these mxf rendered files? Is there a preferred 4K UHD rendering template I overlooked?
I most frequently time sync my Schoeps 2 channel pcm audio captured seperately on a Tascam DR100MKii in the render. For this first forray I used just the native AX100 aud and vid.
If I am going to spring for a 4K monitor/tv, I want to make sure my rendering time and energy need not be duplicated down the road.
fluffyhead is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Camcorders

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off