New APS-C Samsung NX1 shoots 4K UHD video - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #181 of 191 Old 07-23-2017, 05:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by flintyplus View Post
Yes i agree,i doth get the point of dialing the resolution down,i saw a GH5 film with the sharpness obviously dialed down on another forum that i would call soft if it was HD.One thing i notice is that the NX1 has the same annoying function as GH cameras in that if you dont take a bit [at least 0.9 of a second] off the start off each clip you get that irritating sound break.
Yes, the sound break between every shot is annoying. Does the camera have manual audio gain control or has anyone tried plugging in an external mic, would that help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 191 Old 07-23-2017, 11:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by P&Struefan View Post
Yes, the sound break between every shot is annoying. Does the camera have manual audio gain control or has anyone tried plugging in an external mic, would that help?
On GH cameras it is the same with an external mic as the onboard,none of my other cameras or camcorder have this sound break,it seems the NX1 does though.
post #183 of 191 Old 07-24-2017, 01:41 AM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I cannot hear any sound breaks. This is what you get when recording multiple scenes in heavy highway traffic which is why I advised to skip the first 9 minutes. I have never used the cameras mic. I always use a Rode Stereo Video Mic Pro with the dead cat which takes away wind noise. I don´t see any sound break from my editing track either.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ljudfil.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	2255417  

Last edited by Bixbe; 07-24-2017 at 01:45 AM.

post #184 of 191 Old 07-24-2017, 01:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by jogiba View Post
Here is one for Mr Softy .
Wow! That looks amazingly cinematic!
post #185 of 191 Old 07-24-2017, 03:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixbe View Post
I cannot hear any sound breaks. This is what you get when recording multiple scenes in heavy highway traffic which is why I advised to skip the first 9 minutes. I have never used the cameras mic. I always use a Rode Stereo Video Mic Pro with the dead cat which takes away wind noise. I don´t see any sound break from my editing track either.
Then it may have been something about your uploading or YouTube's compression because the audio dip to zero or near zero dB occurs at almost every cut between two shots. I didn't count but the dip was too noticeable to miss. The traffic noise sounds pretty normal but this break or dip in the audio levels does not. Sounds like the AGC needs some response time before it finds an optimal level of compensation before it starts to set in.
post #186 of 191 Old 07-24-2017, 04:36 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 6642 Post(s)
Liked: 7323
Sound breaks between clips are sometimes a function of the editing program and not the camera.
post #187 of 191 Old 07-24-2017, 10:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

There is slight sound breaks on the GH5 as there was on the GH4,i have to edit them out,its not my editing programn other cameras dont have them on my programn,i can hear all the breaks on bixbies film.
post #188 of 191 Old 07-24-2017, 04:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Still using the NX1, shot this short video a few months back. The opening and closing shots are of twin sisters, and I was shooting through a chain link fence while filming those two.
jogiba likes this.
post #189 of 191 Old 07-24-2017, 08:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 934 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by flintyplus View Post
There is slight sound breaks on the GH5 as there was on the GH4,i have to edit them out,its not my editing programn other cameras dont have them on my programn,i can hear all the breaks on bixbies film.
Yes, on all the Panasonic cameras I have used the audio starts after the video, so there is an audio gap at the beginning of every clip. This has been noted in reviews, and you can see it in the audio track waveform. This does not happen in any Sony Alpha camera.
post #190 of 191 Old 07-24-2017, 11:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markr041 View Post
Yes, on all the Panasonic cameras I have used the audio starts after the video, so there is an audio gap at the beginning of every clip. This has been noted in reviews, and you can see it in the audio track waveform. This does not happen in any Sony Alpha camera.
Its strange Mark but there are not breaks on any Panasonic bridge or camcorders i have now or owned in the past only GH cameras.
post #191 of 191 Old 09-20-2017, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 16
YouTube finally accepts HEVC H.265 files. No more transcoding to H.264 necessary. This is good news for NX1 and GH5 owners. I decided to test this and reedited one of my older videos and made it 50p in Power Director which plays better than 25p in my theater..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Camcorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page