New Year's Eve/Day 2014/2015 in Sao Miguel, Azores, Portugal with an LX100 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 01-02-2015, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Sao Miguel, Azores, Portugal with an LX100

Sao Miguel is one of the islands of the Azores which part of Portugal just like Hawaii is part of the US. It's where I was born by the way.

This is part 1 which includes some of the stuff that was happening before Midnight.

Part 2 will show what happened once midnight struck which is of the main fireworks event. It's still being uploaded.

It was shot in 3640x2160p30 and edited in Premiere Pro CC. I exported it to 50Mbps before uploading to YouTube. I basically shot this event as if I was using a camcorder even though you really need to be more careful. You can read the description of the YouTube video to see the settings I used in the video. I hardly did much editing at all since I wanted to get this up as soon as possible and at the same time theirs no internet access at the place I'm staying at so I had to leave my laptop in someone's house to upload these.

Last edited by Paulo Teixeira; 01-16-2015 at 01:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-03-2015, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Here's the main fireworks event.

I guess a certain adapter I was using to hook up my laptop to decided to stop working and obviously the laptop shut off in the middle of the upload. I guess part 3 will go online some other time. That stinks.
post #3 of 12 Old 01-14-2015, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Part 3 finally up.

Still have yet to edit a bunch of scenery clips. It should be online within a week.
post #4 of 12 Old 01-14-2015, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Thanks for the trip to Sao Miguel. I'm enjoying it.

Bill
post #5 of 12 Old 01-14-2015, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks. It actually looked more like a battlefield if you were their with firecrackers being set off all over the place. A lot of things my camera didn't catch although what I did shoot give you an idea since you can still see a lot of firecrackers being set off by random people. I also didn't stay long after the main fireworks event unlike a lot of other people who stayed until something like 6am.
post #6 of 12 Old 01-15-2015, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I guess I'll use this thread to post other random stuff I shot their with the LX100.

I don't think I had the stabilizer on when I did that.
You can read the description for the rest of my settings.
post #7 of 12 Old 01-16-2015, 01:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

post #8 of 12 Old 01-17-2015, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paulot...a/15683099124/

Perhaps I'll be using this as the thumbnail for the video that is currently being uploaded. Had trouble deciding on which clips to use and who knows, I'll either keep it as is or change out a clip or 2. Their is a feature that allows you to use the exact colors of an object on the screen to be used in your graphics. Basically the green color came from the grass on the top left clip and the light blue color came from the sky in the bottom right clip.

I really wish Premiere Pro CC 2014 had an option to export H.265 because I would have used a smaller file size. Their is an expensive H.265 plug in for Premiere Pro that you can buy though. It should be less than $100 (Not $300) in my opinion. Ah well, we'll probably get that feature in Premiere Pro CC 2015 edition. I'm sure they're charging that much because it's probably the only option at this time.

Edit
It has gotten uploaded but it's stuck at processing. I really hope I wont have to upload this again. Ahhhhh! I'll try to wait it out.

Last edited by Paulo Teixeira; 01-18-2015 at 06:22 PM.
post #9 of 12 Old 01-19-2015, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Ended up deleting it and then uploading it again. Finally live online. I'll probably also upload it to Vimeo some other time.

post #10 of 12 Old 01-19-2015, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 109
A beautiful place! Thanks for taking me there.
post #11 of 12 Old 01-19-2015, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks. Unfortunately I couldn't record all the places I wanted to record with that camera because of what happened while I was their but here's a video I did in 2012 with a hacked GH2 that has some extra places that I really, really wished I had gotten this year. Crap!!!! youtube.com/watch?v=IE_sVV2qsy8
Theirs always a next time and I plan or perhaps going to every single island this time and not just Sao Miguel. An even bigger plan would be to travel the world to shoot the scenery and cultural events. Just gotta make some $$$$$$ first because adding up a bunch of plane rides and hotels can get pretty expensive. Luckily I'm fine staying in cheap hotel rooms as long as it's clean. When I went to Las Vegas, my room was less than $60 per night. May not be a top range hotel but everything was very clean, had free internet access and AC. Theirs also a pool although I didn't use it. I'd rather not comment on the breakfast from one of the restaurants in which I decided to try one day. Lest just say I enjoyed the McDonald's breakfast more which was right outside. Actually they had one inside as well but I never ate their. At least I enjoyed the pizza in another restaurant in the hotel.
post #12 of 12 Old Today, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I finally got it up on Vimeo. I took away over 3 minutes worth of footage just to sort of make it flow better. People can always watch the YouTube version to see everything.

The file is downloadable if anyone wants to watch it on their 4K TV. Heck, it's also watchable on an HD TV if you hook up your computer to it.
Reply Camcorders
Gear in this thread - LX100 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page