Sony CCD-TR71 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-20-2015, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Sony CCD-TR71

Hello All,

First time posting and would like to ask if anyone can help with a few issues. I have this cam that I purchased back in 1992 and has served me well for many years. It was dormant for about 15 years and when I tried to use it, discovered 2 issues which I hope someone may have some history with. First, when I turn on the cam, the viewfinder shows a black background and a bright white stripe vertically and centrally to the field of view. Needless to say, it is useless for recording as such.

Second, when playing back several video tapes, there was much waviness, unclear video and some sound distortion. As I played the tapes longer, things got better but not perfect. Would there be any benefit to using an unopened V8-25CLH cleaning cassette, taking it to a shop where they could try a known good recording to isolate whether it's old/bad tape or dirty heads, and have them clean it, or is it time to say goodbye to the cam corder and have the tapes (if any are good enough) transferred to disc. Thanks for any thoughts as the recordings are of precious moments.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Camcorders
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page