Yi 4K+ 4K 60p Video: Award-Winning Water Treatment Facility at the Golden - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 09-01-2017, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markr041's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,925
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Yi 4K+ 4K 60p Video: Award-Winning Water Treatment Facility at the Golden

Vimeo version (30p), but the original 60p version can be downloaded:


YouTube version, can be viewed at 4K 60p:


Yi 4K+ on a the Zhiyun Evolution gimbal, shot at the end of the day.

The place is a 2010 ASLA Honor Award Winner, General Design.
markr041 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 Old 09-20-2017, 12:48 PM
Senior Member
 
spyker1212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 412
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 19
markr041,


I have the sony x3000 and you recommended me to buy a sony lens hood for the x3000 to prevent lens flare or night time light flare


does the yi 4k+ lens comes with ar coating to prevent lens flare shooting at night with light post on background?


thanks in advance
spyker1212 is online now  
post #3 of 13 Old 09-21-2017, 10:38 PM
Senior Member
 
spyker1212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 412
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker1212 View Post
markr041,


I have the sony x3000 and you recommended me to buy a sony lens hood for the x3000 to prevent lens flare or night time light flare


does the yi 4k+ lens comes with ar coating to prevent lens flare shooting at night with light post on background?


thanks in advance

markr041


I shot the sony x3000 with lens hood. and it has a little light flare. but not as bad without the lens hood


does the yi 4k+ experience same problem indoor?


thanks in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flare.jpg (30.1 KB, 3 views)
spyker1212 is online now  
 
post #4 of 13 Old 09-24-2017, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markr041's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,925
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker1212 View Post
markr041,


I have the sony x3000 and you recommended me to buy a sony lens hood for the x3000 to prevent lens flare or night time light flare


does the yi 4k+ lens comes with ar coating to prevent lens flare shooting at night with light post on background?


thanks in advance
There is a multi-coated protected lens for the Yi 4K+, which may help with flare.

https://store.yitechnology.com/produ...s-leather-case
markr041 is offline  
post #5 of 13 Old 09-28-2017, 04:42 PM
Senior Member
 
spyker1212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 412
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 19
mark041,


I received my yi 4k+ yesterday. and gopro release the hero6 today.


the frame rate for gopro hero6 is


3840 x 2880 at 24, 25, 30 fps (60, 78 Mbps MP4)
3840 x 2160p at 24, 25, 30, 50, 60 fps (60, 78 Mbps MP4)
2704 x 2028p at 24, 25, 30, 50, 60 fps (MP4)
2704 x 1520p at 24, 25, 30, 50, 60, 100, 120 fps (MP4)
1920 x 1440p at 24, 25, 30, 50, 60 fps (MP4)
1920 x 1080p at 24, 25, 30, 50, 60, 100, 120, 240 fps
1280 x 720 at 50, 60 fps (MP4)


https://www.diyphotography.net/gopro...image-quality/


while for yi 4k+ frame
4K – 60fps
max. 120 Mbps

http://elproducente.com/yi-4k-plus-a...review-manual/

does that means yi 4K+ have the advantage?

thanks in advance
spyker1212 is online now  
post #6 of 13 Old 09-28-2017, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markr041's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,925
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker1212 View Post
mark041,


I received my yi 4k+ yesterday. and gopro release the hero6 today.


the frame rate for gopro hero6 is


3840 x 2880 at 24, 25, 30 fps (60, 78 Mbps MP4)
3840 x 2160p at 24, 25, 30, 50, 60 fps (60, 78 Mbps MP4)
2704 x 2028p at 24, 25, 30, 50, 60 fps (MP4)
2704 x 1520p at 24, 25, 30, 50, 60, 100, 120 fps (MP4)
1920 x 1440p at 24, 25, 30, 50, 60 fps (MP4)
1920 x 1080p at 24, 25, 30, 50, 60, 100, 120, 240 fps
1280 x 720 at 50, 60 fps (MP4)


https://www.diyphotography.net/gopro...image-quality/


while for yi 4k+ frame
4K – 60fps
max. 120 Mbps

http://elproducente.com/yi-4k-plus-a...review-manual/

does that means yi 4K+ have the advantage?

thanks in advance
The Yi 4K+ has a big advantage over the GoPro 6: it is hackable. You can up not only the bitrates, but also the framerates from the deafults. It is a simple autoexecbat file on the sd card that loads the new values in memory, so it does not affect the firmware. To go back to defaults just erase the autoexec.bat file from the card. There is exploration of how high the framerates and bitrates can go. Already, one can up the bitrate for 4K60P to 165 Mbps safely. And 150 fps at 1080.

https://github.com/irungentoo/Xiaomi...e/master/4k%2B

Last edited by markr041; 09-28-2017 at 05:47 PM.
markr041 is offline  
post #7 of 13 Old 10-01-2017, 11:11 PM
Senior Member
 
spyker1212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 412
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 19
just a note:


the cable that comes with the yi 4k+ is for charging or power the unit only.


need to buy usb-c data and power cable in order to transfer files from unit to computer.
spyker1212 is online now  
post #8 of 13 Old 10-02-2017, 05:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markr041's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,925
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker1212 View Post
just a note:


the cable that comes with the yi 4k+ is for charging or power the unit only.


need to buy usb-c data and power cable in order to transfer files from unit to computer.
NO. This is false.
I use the same cable to transfer files to a computer and charge. I have never removed the microsd card. Did you read this sokmewhere?
markr041 is offline  
post #9 of 13 Old 10-02-2017, 07:44 AM
Senior Member
 
spyker1212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 412
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by markr041 View Post
NO. This is false.
I use the same cable to transfer files to a computer and charge. I have never removed the microsd card. Did you read this sokmewhere?

yi 4k+ i bought shipped from hong kong. maybe they come with different cable.


Option 3: Detach the camera from the holder and connect it to the computer using the micro-USB data cable (the charging cable provided with the camera is not a USB data cable so it cannot be used for data transportation).


https://www.yitechnology.com/support...id/12/oid/file
spyker1212 is online now  
post #10 of 13 Old 10-02-2017, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markr041's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,925
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker1212 View Post
yi 4k+ i bought shipped from hong kong. maybe they come with different cable.


Option 3: Detach the camera from the holder and connect it to the computer using the micro-USB data cable (the charging cable provided with the camera is not a USB data cable so it cannot be used for data transportation).


https://www.yitechnology.com/support...id/12/oid/file
The information you are quoting is not for the Yi 4K+.

Let's be clear:

Charging AND file transfer is via the USB-C port on the camera. There is NO microUSB port or microusb cable at all. The quote you gave makes no sense. There is one cable - USB-C to Regular-sized USB. The latter end goes into any standard AC adaptor or a computer. There is also no "holder."

Last edited by markr041; 10-02-2017 at 08:44 AM.
markr041 is offline  
post #11 of 13 Old 10-02-2017, 12:49 PM
Senior Member
 
spyker1212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 412
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by markr041 View Post
The information you are quoting is not for the Yi 4K+.

Let's be clear:

Charging AND file transfer is via the USB-C port on the camera. There is NO microUSB port or microusb cable at all. The quote you gave makes no sense. There is one cable - USB-C to Regular-sized USB. The latter end goes into any standard AC adaptor or a computer. There is also no "holder."

i am using windows 7 64bit


i connect the cable that came together with my yi 4k+ to my computer. the computer did not recognize the yi 4k+. but when i use my samsung s8 usb cable to transfer yi 4k+ to computer. the computer recognized the yi 4k+
spyker1212 is online now  
post #12 of 13 Old 10-02-2017, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markr041's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,925
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker1212 View Post
i am using windows 7 64bit


i connect the cable that came together with my yi 4k+ to my computer. the computer did not recognize the yi 4k+. but when i use my samsung s8 usb cable to transfer yi 4k+ to computer. the computer recognized the yi 4k+
I can't argue with that! But I use the included cable for both data transfer and power; who knows? I also have the Samsung S8 - so, one can just use that cable for both the phone and the camera, power and transfer.
markr041 is offline  
post #13 of 13 Old 10-02-2017, 04:49 PM
Senior Member
 
spyker1212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 412
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by markr041 View Post
I can't argue with that! But I use the included cable for both data transfer and power; who knows? I also have the Samsung S8 - so, one can just use that cable for both the phone and the camera, power and transfer.
looking at bh photo yi 4+ 'In the Box'


In the Box


YI Technology 4K+ Action Camera
Waterproof Housing
USB Cable
Battery
Limited 1-Year Warranty


https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...mera_with.html






the yi 4k+ that I ordered and shipped from hongkong comes with


mic adapter, housing, usb cable.


https://store.yitechnology.com/produ...ophone-adapter
spyker1212 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Camcorders

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off