Panasonic PV-GS300 Digital Camcorder - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-18-2006, 06:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Does anyone have a Panasonic PV-GS300 digital camcorder? I purchased one of these units last month and I'm very impressed with the performance that Panasonic's 3CCD imaging renders. I'm most interested in trading thoughts/approaches with others regarding the transfer of recordings from digital tape to DVD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-21-2006, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
I'd love to have one of those.

Typically I go camcorder to PC via Firewire. Copy the raw DV to the hard drive. Capture with DVgate, assemble in Sony Movie Studio and add text, transitions, etc.

Output is a little weird for me because I have an older version that does not have the MPEG codec, and it isn't sold standalone any more. So I output to .avi and use some shareware to convert .avi to MPEG2 for DVD. Turns out surprisingly well.

But wonky workflow. I'll upgrade to the current Movie Studio + DVD next time I have some video to work on.

Is this your first camcorder, or an upgrade?
post #3 of 5 Old 09-21-2006, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 12
Thanks for your response. This is my 2nd camcorder, which replaces a Sony CCD-TR6 :eek: Oddly enough... I'm in the market for another Sony Video8 Handycam because mine bit-the-dust and I need to transfer my tapes to another medium.
post #4 of 5 Old 09-21-2006, 06:08 PM
gvc
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
This is the camcorder I am thinking of getting. It seems to get good reviews , but I am hesitant due to the question of its low - light video performance. Much of my video will be in normal house indoors. I dont like having to turn on every light in the room I am shooting in to get a decent picture. Since you own this camera, have you used it in a normal indoor setting with moderate lighting? If so, how did the video come out? Is it dingy looking with washed out colors and lots of noise? I used to have a JVC which had an auto gain control feature which seemed to allow for a brighter video in normal indoor usage, but I am really wanting to try out the Panasonic model.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-22-2006, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Well, there's always a hotshoe accessory light....
Closed Thread Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page