Video Editing Software - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-01-2006, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi I am looking for video editing software that captures the date shown on the screen.

I am using Nero vision express, and it's capturing fine and I can edit everything fine, but I prefer some software that can capture the date with the video. Does anyone know of any software editing that can do this? With windows movie maker it actually breaks the capture into different sections I am guessing by frames where the camera records and pauses (it actually does a good job), but it doesn't either capture the date on the video.

Sorry if this is in the wrong area, but couldn't find anything about this topic and this is the closest.

I hope everything makes sense. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-02-2006, 08:28 AM

Hmmm....I'm not sure there is a software package that will automatically superimpose a date stamp on the edited video. If it's that important, two ideas:

1. Enable the date stamp during the field recording on your camcorder, and then that will transfer during the edit process. Of course, then you're stuck with it on all your video.

2. Make notes on the field tape cassette of time/date, and add the information onto the video where appropriate as a CG or title layer of video. That way you can choose where and when to see the date stamp.
post #3 of 6 Old 12-04-2006, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by captslomo View Post

Hmmm....I'm not sure there is a software package that will automatically superimpose a date stamp on the edited video. If it's that important, two ideas:

1. Enable the date stamp during the field recording on your camcorder, and then that will transfer during the edit process. Of course, then you're stuck with it on all your video.

2. Make notes on the field tape cassette of time/date, and add the information onto the video where appropriate as a CG or title layer of video. That way you can choose where and when to see the date stamp.

I tried that already, yeah it works, but I was wondering if any software out there would do something like date stamp on the video itself. Thanks anayways.
post #4 of 6 Old 12-08-2006, 08:58 AM

Liked: 15
What version of Nero are you using to capture HDV.. 6 or 7
post #5 of 6 Old 01-24-2007, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

I am using 6.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-26-2007, 04:24 AM

Hmmm, I can't quite remember how to do this right now. Let me go look at a few books and come back.
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page