Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 100 Old 03-22-2007, 11:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post

the thing is, nobody has stock on the HV20. They are not shipped to the dealers yet. If any store claim to have them in stock, it's a scam.

The HV20 has been arriving at dealers early this week. I picked one up locally (Mac Store) yesterday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 100 Old 03-22-2007, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
How long did the HV10 take for it to drop from $1099 to the $899 price it sells at now. The reason I ask, is because I will most likely be purchasing the HV20, but really don't "need" it until July, but of course me being a tech geek want to pick it up ASAP... However there is a little issue called the wife who will want me to wait closer to July to see if the price drops any. So looking at Cannon's website and seeing that the MSRP is the $1099 for both camcorders, I would imagine the price drops would probably mimic each other... Any info would be appreciated...

XBL GT: DMBFiredancer
post #93 of 100 Old 03-22-2007, 12:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1400 Post(s)
Liked: 1520
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post

the thing is, nobody has stock on the HV20. They are not shipped to the dealers yet. If any store claim to have them in stock, it's a scam.

Not true Dave. B&H has shipped their initial shipment and I've got a tracking number. They have an excellent reputation.

NYCFilmdotcom, it is entirely possible when you initially called they did have them in stock and in between calls they sold out. I suspect I got one of the last ones in their initial shipment.
post #94 of 100 Old 03-22-2007, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfilmdotcom View Post

Canon HV20 HDV Camcorder, 1/2.7" 2.96MP CMOS Sensor, 1920 x 1080 Resolution, 24p Frame Rate, with 10x Optical Zoom, Optical Image Stabilizer, HDMI, Hot Shoe and HC miniSD Card Slot

$ 1,099.95 at BH Photo

Cheers,
NYC Film Com

Status now shows "accepting orders"; guess their first batch sold out pretty quickly, eh?

Tony
post #95 of 100 Old 03-22-2007, 01:50 PM

Quote:

it is entirely possible when you initially called they did have them in stock and in between calls they sold out. I suspect I got one of the last ones in their initial shipment.

Anything is possible, I had issues with B&H in the past and was only going to purchase from them because they stated it was in stock and I could pick it up in the store.

In any case Calumet Photo had it, I updated my order to next day delivery so I should be out shooting by this time tomorrow.

Cheers
post #96 of 100 Old 03-23-2007, 04:20 PM
gvc
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by malanick View Post

I Ordered next day on the phone from Best Buy, Was told it's in stock, I'll get it for sure. Then got the Email that it was backordered 1-2 weeks. Checked the web site to check out if anything changed from when I ordered and it said next day shipping. But always 1 day later as the days go by.

Nothing about backorders until you order one it seems!!

Never going to use or go to that store again.

Malanick....is your hv20 still on "backorder" from BB?
post #97 of 100 Old 03-23-2007, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by browerjs View Post

How long did the HV10 take for it to drop from $1099 to the $899 price it sells at now. The reason I ask, is because I will most likely be purchasing the HV20, but really don't "need" it until July, but of course me being a tech geek want to pick it up ASAP... However there is a little issue called the wife who will want me to wait closer to July to see if the price drops any. So looking at Cannon's website and seeing that the MSRP is the $1099 for both camcorders, I would imagine the price drops would probably mimic each other... Any info would be appreciated...

Oh it took many many MONTHS, sometimes the price even seemed to go up before it went down probably a year later!
post #98 of 100 Old 03-23-2007, 11:17 PM

HV20 authorized vendors were flooded preorders the day that it was announced. If you want to get one, check Mac Store or somewhere similar. Finding one online at this time will be rather tough.

Check you rlocal best buy within a week.
post #99 of 100 Old 03-23-2007, 11:49 PM

Gave up on the "Best Buy" purchase. Got mine from a mail order canon dealer that happened to have one extra hv20 not pre-ordered. It got to me on Thursday!
post #100 of 100 Old 03-23-2007, 11:56 PM

Congrats. Now host some footage.
Reply Camcorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page