my hd tv wont connect to my hc3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-22-2007, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all
i wonder if anybody can help me,last week i returned from the u.s. whilst there i bought a Sony hc3 (great price compared to Spain) i recorded my holiday when i came back plugged the camera into my lg h.d t.v. through the h.d.m.i input ........fantastic worth every penny,then stared doing so editing on my p.c. great there, then i plugged the camera back into my t.v. and its not picking up the signal,i'm sure i must have changed something in the camera menu,if anybody has any idea what ive done i would be really grateful as its driving me mental
thank you in advance
redoor43
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-22-2007, 11:32 AM

It could be many reasons. The one I can think of is that you purchased a NTSC camera in the USA. I suspect that you imported HDV to DV standard definition to your pc from your camera and not HDV and therefore edited in SD NTSC. It might not play properly on a European PAL or Secam SD signal on your tv. Computers can read NTSC and PAL standards. Many European tvs have a NTSC switch option to decode and view NTSC material. I might be off mark but is what I can think of for now.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-22-2007, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

im only playing the original tapes that i recorded in the U.S. that worked perfectly fine in h.d. on the first day home,the stuff i edited onto dvd works fine,im sure its something ive done in the camera menu as when i look at the status window it has ¨hdmi ----¨,at first i thought it was the cable but its a high quality one,and i have only used it once,so i doubt its that.
but thanks
post #4 of 5 Old 02-22-2007, 03:44 PM

Another hint: In the Standard Set Menu (Tool Box), make sure that the iLink Conversion is set to off and that the cam is switched to the VCR mode with output set to HDV (Sony calls it the PLAY/EDIT mode p 31 of manual).Even Sony salespersons get confused with this awkward knob and work in the wrong mode. Also, HDMI cables can be fussy regardless of their price/quality. Sometimes, just disconnecting/reconnecting the cables do the trick.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-22-2007, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

thank you for your help im starting to think it may be the cable now as ive tried everything to sort it out,one other thing i forgot to mention,i took the camera to my mothers today,i plugged it in to her hd tv,there was a picture till i switched modes to ...play/edit then the picture disapeared,and what was hdmi channel on the tv came up dvi till i unplugged the camera then it went back to hdmi,thank you again for your help once more.
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page