Based on many excellent reviews I had been thinking of ordering the HV10 UNTIL I saw the announcement of the HV20. At first, I was thinking that I'd definitely wait for the HV20. However, the price differential is now about $170 on Amazon. Does anyone think the HV10 is still a good deal at this point or would you recommend waiting for the HV20. I would fall under the "Joe consumer" mold as opposed to a "hobbyist" at this point...this would be our first camcorder. Primary use would be family (we are adopting and will be travelling to China this summer) and possibly an occasional hiking trip (I'd love to capture some hi-def video on my trip this year, but am a little leary about exposing the camera to 2 weeks in a backpack and weather.) One other factor in the decision is that I will likely be leaving on the hiking trip in late April, so there is a decent chance that I wouldn't be able to get my hands on the HV20 in time.
I know that no one has actually SEEN the HV20 yet, but am just hoping to get some opinions from the knowledgeable folks on the board. Thanks in advance for any feedback.