Repairing Corrupted Video Files - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-27-2007, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is there any software (preferably free or reasonably priced) that will repair corrupted video files? I use a Panasonic DVD-RAM camcorder that shoots mpg files (MPEG-2). I think I was using a bad disc without realizing it. Nearly all of my Christmas and birthday video of the kids is very badly distorted - pixelated is probably the best way to describe it.

I typically put the video on DVD's and send it to the relatives, but this is so messed up that I can't. It's priceless video to me, though, so if there's any way to improve it, I want to try.

I've downloaded a lot of different programs, but none of them really do anything to repair video. They just convert it to other formats.

I know there's probably no way to make it perfect, but if I could just improve it by 50% or so, I'd be very happy.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-27-2007, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not likely! Your best bet is to try a different DVD-RAM player and hope that your problem wasn't with the media. Full size DVD-RAM is extremely reliable. I have never used the MiniDVD-RAM so I don't know how reliable it is.

Dave
Reply Camcorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page