Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #31 of 33 Old 03-14-2007, 06:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Blackbill, I got to agree with Ken on this. You can't compare SD and HDV. Its a lost cause. I too was very hesitant about the ergonomics of the HV-10 compared to the HC3. If you are basing your decision not to buy the HV-10 because of ergonomics or features (mike jack, HDMI, lenses...), by all means! The most important reason for me to purchase an HD camcorder is picture quality. The HV-10 in my opinion is the best I have seen. No one is disputing the picture quality as being universally the best in its class. Until the Sony's or the new HV-20 are out of the lab, we don't know what they will hold. I have actually gotten used to the ergonomics and absolutly love them. I take mine out on the slopes every time I am up there ! I can throw the HV-10 in my inside pocket, fire it up and away I go!
It simply is the most amazing Camcorder I have ever seen!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 03-14-2007, 07:30 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes, well first let me point out that I am not necessarily a "Sony guy". I'm a guy for the all round best cam... and the HV10 wasn't it. The ergonomics, the lack of HDMI out, small battery mic placement... yadda, yadda. IMO... the HC3 was the best all round package.... it contained a bit of everything. No sense in trying to talk me into believing otherwise. Of course NOW... that remains to be seen with the HV20, we'll see what the reviews say.

But more to the point, this thread is not what you or I am seeing... it's what OLIK is seeing... and he's asking for help in understanding what it is that he sees. Contrary to popular belief it seems, he's not asking to be labeled stupid or insane.
post #33 of 33 Old 03-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 20
blackbill, check out the professional digital video forums. What Ken is saying is true.
The HV10 is used as B-roll and it is compared against some VERY high end cameras.

This whole thread is complete nonsense and the comparison is not even valid. Doing ANYTHING to footage and THEN making a comparison is utterly ridiculous.

So much so that I'm closing this thread.

Kyser

"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."

Ash - Army of Darkness
Closed Thread Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page