AVS Forum banner

First time camcorder owner, tips needed

819 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Numbox 
#1 ·
Greetings everyone!

In just two days i will be a VERY proud owner of HV20, and since i've never owned a camcorder before, i'd like to get some tips from you on what should i also buy with it and what should i do before actually shooting etc. The thing is, i live in a small town that doesn't have any decent camcorder supplies shops and getting anything extra requires travelling, so i'd like to avoid that if possible. For instance, i read on other forums that before actually shooting i should definitely use a cleaning tape. Is this true or not?

I'm not exactly sure what to ask, since i'm competely new to this, but i just want to know is there anything else besides camera and tapes that i should buy? You know, bits and pieces that are necessary in everyday life. I plan on using the camera very often. I will be buying a backpack for it when i get the cash. Anything else? Also, any first time usage tips would be welcome.

Thanx.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.