Forum Jump: 

post #211 of 229 Old 07-10-2008, 06:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearly Robert View Post

I just got the SR7 and still learning how to use it for more than vanilla.

One thing I can see that this does is live video as in using it as a webcam equivalent. My old Sony TRV20 had firewire that could be recognized for live video feed...while I understand that High Def might not be available for this due to the data load, is there any way to use the SR7 in SD for live video without using a digital frame grab card?

Robert

ive got it also and still learning.
Ive got sony vegas pro platinum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 229 Old 09-14-2008, 04:02 PM

Great forum, thank you all for your information...

I am having a problem with my SR7. I had a computer crash, so I copied (and then deleted) the files from the SR7 hard drive to another computer to make space on the camera. Then I finally rebuilt my computer and then reinstalled the Picture Motion Browser software (with update). When I try importing all the new videos from the camera to PMB, it only shows place holders for all the videos, including what I have copied off the camera before, and will not process the import. Am I forever stuck in having to physically move the video files from the camera to the computer? When copied directly they are in the format .MTS. When imported using PMB they are in the format .M2TS.

Any suggestions? These formats are so difficult to work with.

B1g Mike
post #213 of 229 Old 01-26-2009, 08:43 PM

Does anyone know of a way to backup the SR7 to an external HDD without the use of a PC?

I have been looking at USB OTG (On The Go) but it appears as though the SR7 does not support this? Does anyone have experience with this. I am also concerned that I would have the issues others have described regarding the .MTS and MT2S conversion that appears to be done when transferring to the PC.

Reason for this is I am about to go on a long holiday and dont want to have to lug my computer around with me to save the footage. Also the Sony VDR-MC5 does not support blue-ray media so would have to lug a heap of DVD's around with me as well.
post #214 of 229 Old 01-27-2009, 11:56 AM

[quote=B1g Mike;14662517]Great forum, thank you all for your information...

I am having a problem with my SR7. I had a computer crash

B1gMike,
To get your video files back in PMB, you need to import them from there current location. Even if they are in the same folder. To get rid of the empty files in PMB you can go to tools/update database and that will do the trick. If you replaced your files in the same folder then just doing the update database may work. I hope that helps. Enjoy Roberto
post #215 of 229 Old 01-27-2009, 12:46 PM

is there any other media out there that can show thumbnails other than sony picture motion browser?
also, how can you get backed up files imported to sony motion picture browser. from an external hard drive using either motion picture browser or even the player for AVHCD?

Im working without my camera..but with backups of everything and the hardware.

I do have sony vegas pro..but would like to ease the search of my video (about 18gb of avhcd media to sift through).

Any help would be great from anyone.

It seems both software (excluding sony vegas pro) requires the hard camcorder hard drive..using the software.
post #216 of 229 Old 02-13-2009, 07:07 AM

I have a Sony HDR-SR7 and an HDR-SR5. I recently tried to record a very loud rock band in a smaller room I set the volume setting to low but the sound recorded was very distorted and I got a couple of error massages and the cameras stopped recording. I'm sure it was because it was to loud and vibrating the hard drives. I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do or buy to be able to record in this situation
post #217 of 229 Old 03-23-2009, 08:44 PM

Hola,

Have anyone try to do live video streaming using the Sony HDR SR7 / Sony camcorder SF7E. Do reply asap. Advance thanks

The device is can be detected but i could not do live streaming to sayatv.com. It shows blank screen.
post #218 of 229 Old 05-18-2009, 09:57 PM

Havent tried yet...ive got the ps3 using the media center but havent streamed movies and such yet.

Will let u know if/when i do!
post #219 of 229 Old 06-11-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecksharisis View Post

Hola,

Have anyone try to do live video streaming using the Sony HDR SR7 / Sony camcorder SF7E. Do reply asap. Advance thanks

The device is can be detected but i could not do live streaming to sayatv.com. It shows blank screen.

Have you tried the ps3 media server software?
I do and it even streams my avhcd files.

In short, tho, it might be your software.
post #220 of 229 Old 07-03-2009, 08:56 AM

I have hdr sr 7 but my viewfinder lst no cost me problems this camcorder is so sensitive please move around carefully is not strong camcorder
post #221 of 229 Old 07-06-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromcanada View Post

I have hdr sr 7 but my viewfinder lst no cost me problems this camcorder is so sensitive please move around carefully is not strong camcorder

Huh?
Not sure i understand your statement.
You have an hdr sr7, but what are you saying about the viewfinder and it being so sensitive?
post #222 of 229 Old 07-08-2009, 05:20 PM

Hi, I purchased my SR7 in January last year and it has been great however I noticed that if I use it for a continous shot for longer than 10 mins it starts to get this jittering effect where the video shakes vertically. Audio is unaffected. It only seems to go away when I switched the camera off for a couple of mins. I tried to turn off the stabilisation and other things but I stll get it so now the only way to avoid is to manage my shots to shorter times and switch the camera off rather than have it on standby. I've googled for this fault to no avail so I'm hoping someone here has an answer.

Thanks!
post #223 of 229 Old 07-09-2009, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiion1 View Post

Hi, I purchased my SR7 in January last year and it has been great however I noticed that if I use it for a continous shot for longer than 10 mins it starts to get this jittering effect where the video shakes vertically. Audio is unaffected. It only seems to go away when I switched the camera off for a couple of mins. I tried to turn off the stabilisation and other things but I stll get it so now the only way to avoid is to manage my shots to shorter times and switch the camera off rather than have it on standby. I've googled for this fault to no avail so I'm hoping someone here has an answer.

Thanks!

I am having the exact same problem, it started about a month ago. I checked out Sony's repair costs and they have a flat repair fee for out of warranty units of $465 bucks!!! I think I am better off buying something cheaper from say... Canon and then just plan on replacing it every 3 years...

B1g Mike
post #224 of 229 Old 07-13-2009, 02:59 AM

Really?
thats alot of cash...
post #225 of 229 Old 07-14-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1g Mike View Post

I am having the exact same problem, it started about a month ago. I checked out Sony's repair costs and they have a flat repair fee for out of warranty units of $465 bucks!!! I think I am better off buying something cheaper from say... Canon and then just plan on replacing it every 3 years...

B1g Mike

Hi,

did Sony tell you what the problem was?
post #226 of 229 Old 07-15-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:

Hi,

did Sony tell you what the problem was?

No, I just went through there web support section.. They have a flat repair fee for this camcorder, needless to say I was disappointed.

B1g Mike
post #227 of 229 Old 12-05-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:

Hi, I purchased my SR7 in January last year and it has been great however I noticed that if I use it for a continous shot for longer than 10 mins it starts to get this jittering effect where the video shakes vertically. Audio is unaffected. It only seems to go away when I switched the camera off for a couple of mins.

I've had the same problem with my HDR-SR7 since it was two months out of warranty. It's the Steadyshot system going nuts. It starts vibrating vertically when it heats up whether Steadyshot is on or not. There is a whole raft of people with this issue on a different forum: forum.videohelp.com/threads/311383-Sony-HDR-SR7-recorded-video-jumping-around
post #228 of 229 Old 01-22-2013, 08:06 AM

Just got an old SR7 this weekend from a friend- it stopped working for him, so he upgraded to a newer Canon.

The camera seems to work perfectly when the power adapter is plugged directly into the rear port. However, the camera WILL NOT charge the battery. He also said he was having problems getting the camera lens cover/shutter to open, but it seems to work fine for me- off wall power.

I notice the lower docking station port is discolored blue in spots. Like battery acid or maybe cake icing... could damage to that connector port be preventing the battery from charging even when the rear port is used with the wall adapter?

Trying to scrounge up a newer battery to test and see if this is nothing more than a defective battery problem.
post #229 of 229 Old 11-14-2014, 12:28 PM

Liked: 0
No action here for awhile, I thought that I would jump in with a few things.

I've had my HDR-SR7 since they were the cats pajamas (2006? 2007?) and have only used it casually/privately for family stuff and haven't had any serious complaints about it. I live in fear of this jittering problem that seems common but I think I have avoided it thus far.

However, I am embarrassed to say that it's taken me until now to really start getting into the deeper features of the unit. My wife is interested in starting a high-quality YouTube channel and I feel this camera is a great unit for such a purpose. We are investing in lighting and audio etc. and I'm trying to get the camera settings to what I want for our set.

In the promotional material for the SR-7, it talks about assigning the dial to control focus, exposure, white balance and shutter speed.

The only shutter-speed involved setting I can find are the Scene presets (Portrait, Landscape, Snow, etc.).

1. Has anybody been able to directly control shutter speed?

2. I recall getting Sony Vegas (9?) bundled with this camera but have long since lost my CD. Does anybody know how I can get a reference to my license for re-download ? Any tips?

Thanks fellow SR-7 owners!
Reply Camcorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page