Used Crestron Pricing - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 16 Old 10-25-2008, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a ton of used Crestron that I need to sell for my employers. (They just moved into a house that was teched out beyond their needs so they "simplified.") Beyond ebay and audiogon can anyone suggest where I can find pricing. All items are in excellent working conditions. Some of the components I'm looking for pricing help on are: TPS-3000, LC-1000, PW-120R, MX700, ST-TUNE, TPS-RFGWX. thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 10-26-2008, 06:48 AM
Advanced Member

EBay has set the used product price standard. Go with it.

Brent McCall
Not A Dealer
post #3 of 16 Old 10-29-2008, 06:14 AM

Maybe you should call a crestron dealer and see what they will give you for it. Selling items that can only be sold by dealers on the internet take away peoples jobs i hope you and your employers are happy....
post #4 of 16 Old 10-29-2008, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickUsi View Post

Maybe you should call a crestron dealer and see what they will give you for it. Selling items that can only be sold by dealers on the internet take away peoples jobs i hope you and your employers are happy....

How about all the dealers selling their outdated and overstock equipment on ebay?

Please do not send me PM's asking for software! You will not get it.
post #5 of 16 Old 10-29-2008, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickUsi View Post

not exactly true with crestron. since an average joe can't program crestron, one is always in need of an installer. your comment should be directly to the guys who invented the interent and auto makers who use robotics instead of people. lets get a grip.

post #6 of 16 Old 10-29-2008, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickusi View Post

maybe you should call a crestron dealer and see what they will give you for it. Selling items that can only be sold by dealers on the internet take away peoples jobs i hope you and your employers are happy....

lol
post #7 of 16 Old 10-29-2008, 08:50 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
I don't think going the dealer route would provide you much luck. We are a Crestron shop and no way would I buy used equipment to resell. I would really be surprised to hear others working in the manner. But I won't count anything out in this day and age...

I am not sure who you would be putting out of work selling used equipment on E-bay.
post #8 of 16 Old 10-30-2008, 01:45 AM

This all raises an even bigger question. What do you do with used Crestron equipment, given that only Crestron Dealers and Programmers can rightfully get the stuff to be more than a door stop, and they usually don't want to get involved with the potential headaches of selling, or working with equipment having expired warranties?
Robotics do cost the jobs of assembly workers, but create jobs for the manufacturers, and services of the robotics. In the case of automobiles, or more specifically, their continued use, jobs are also created, or perpetuated for used car dealers, auto service technicians/mechanics, parts and accessory manufacturers, etc, etc, etc., since the continued use of automobiles is not limited to non-average Joes.
I suppose the best you can do is to try to dump the stuff on ebay, and if that fails, just dump it, and move on. The latter, as if it might be an issue, also creates jobs beyond that just for the Dealers of new Crestron equipment, and Crestron workers. One could argue that with that in mind, Crestron did, at enormous expense, go completely green, but I'd argue that move was more to ensure sales in regions currently, and inevitably down the line regulated by WEEE and RoHS directives, rather than a concern for the environment.
post #9 of 16 Old 11-01-2008, 04:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Just dump it on E-bay. The really old stuff (+10 years) wont sell for enough money to cover shipping. (5-10 year stuff) might bring you a few bucks if the right person see's the add. Five years ago you couldn't buy a VT-3500 for under $300.00 off the bay. Today they are fetching $50.00-$75.00. The longer you sit on it the less you'll get for it.

CHip

Current owner of the last/best AmPro on the planet. The mighty 4600HD, and it's still running...better than Barco's, especially southern ones.
post #10 of 16 Old 01-14-2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helene67 View Post

I have a ton of used Crestron that I need to sell for my employers. (They just moved into a house that was teched out beyond their needs so they "simplified.") Beyond ebay and audiogon can anyone suggest where I can find pricing. All items are in excellent working conditions. Some of the components I'm looking for pricing help on are: TPS-3000, LC-1000, PW-120R, MX700, ST-TUNE, TPS-RFGWX. thanks in advance for any help.

have you gotten rid of the stuff ?
post #11 of 16 Old 07-14-2009, 01:06 PM

Hi , I m also selling a lot of new/used crestron and polycom equipment. Most of these items are brand new or have just been slightly used. Also have multiples of a few items.

For more info please email me at shiv@avt.ca , located in Toronto but willing to ship out. Thanks

Crestron APAD-W
Crestron BB-4L
Crestron C2N-DB8W
Crestron C2N-HBLOCK
Crestron C2N-TTVFM
Crestron C2N-VEQ4
Crestron C2X-B8W
Crestron CAEN-UMP2X2
Crestron CHV-RTHS
Crestron CLS-EXP-DIM
Crestron CLW-DIMW
Crestron CNMSX-PRO
Crestron CNPWS-75
Crestron CNPWS-75
Crestron CNSC-1A/CNSCI-1A
Crestron Crestnet IIMS,
Crestron FT-PWR-B
Crestron IM-FTCC-B
Crestron IM-RXV1
Crestron MC2E
Crestron MK-IM-RX
Crestron MK-QM-RMCRX
Crestron MPS-100
Crestron MT-1000
Crestron MTBKO2766-1
Crestron QM-FTMCSC-BALUM
Crestron QM-TX
Crestron ST-COM
Crestron TPMC-10 with TPMC-10-DS-R
Crestron TPMC-8X
Crestron TPMC-8X-DS
Crestron TPMC-8X-DSW
Crestron TPMC-CH-IMC
Crestron TPS-IMPC
Crestron WMKM-4L
Crestron WMKT-1000L

Polycom MICPOD
Polycom Quad BRI/512K
Polycom SoundStation 2 Direct Connect Interface Module
Polycom Viewstation MP
Polycom Voicestation 100 Wall Module
Polycom Camera VSX 5000
Polycom Sound Station VTX 1000
Polycom Adtran Tripple NT1
Polycom PVS-XX19-Q
Polycom HDX 9000 Series
Polycom VSX 7000 System
Polycom HDX 9004
Polycom 4300T
post #12 of 16 Old 07-14-2009, 02:26 PM

I was just about to buy some Crestron gear on ebay to play with. From this thread I'm getting the idea that there is no way to obtain the IDE (the development environment) for the equipment unless I'm a dealer?

The companies should be nice to anyone looking to use the equipment.

Protectionism for the dealers generally ends up bad.
post #13 of 16 Old 07-14-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by telmnstr View Post

I was just about to buy some Crestron gear on ebay to play with. From this thread I'm getting the idea that there is no way to obtain the IDE (the development environment) for the equipment unless I'm a dealer?

The companies should be nice to anyone looking to use the equipment.

Protectionism for the dealers generally ends up bad.

You could always ask an independent programmer to program the kit for you. Plenty knocking around here (myself included).
post #14 of 16 Old 07-14-2009, 04:17 PM

I love to know how stuff works, and would actually enjoy doing it.

Before I knew what AMX was and thought Crestron was just a large remote control that the gov't wastes taxpayer money on, I was thinking of building my own solution that does something similar based on Linux and a low powered embedded board such as those from technologic systems or similar.

Actually my old notes about the idea:
http://wiki.757.org/doku.php?id=projects:automation

The crestron stuff can be had for pennies. I assume the development environment is actually a cross compiler that targets the CPU, compiles and links the code and then pushes the binary into the controller over the serial/ethernet? Or is it actually an interpreter on the unit and it pushes over the program script?
post #15 of 16 Old 07-14-2009, 11:33 PM

LOL... since no one else has said it yet.... the list of equipment you are selling will probably cost more to ship then its worth. (especially after you include your time to post, sell and ship the items)

"I'm just a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it"
post #16 of 16 Old 08-17-2009, 03:27 PM

Liked: 12
I work with and program Crestron at work, been doing quite a bit of it last month or so.

From what I've gathered, it's cross-compiled for the CPU (Motorola coldfire). The programming itself is done with logic symbols (google search, you can probably find an image). There is Simpl+, which is basically C (only used to write "modules", not entire programs) - It actually uses gcc running in cygwin to cross-compile. I'm not sure if Simpl Windows uses cygwin and gcc as well, but it wouldn't surprise me.

The hardware itself, as I've said before, is Coldfire processors. I think the relays, IO's, and RS-232 ports are connected via ISA, and the ethernet ports are connected via PCI bus.

I've often thought of trying to reverse-engineer at least the compiling process (SVN auto complier!!). I've never had the time, and I'm pretty sure it would violate our agreement with Crestron.

I think the hardest part, if you wanted to run your own code, would be figuring out how the firmware, etc. works, as well as what drivers you'd need (perhaps that's taken care of in the firmware). Good luck if you actually try it.

-Drew

Edit: Crap, just realized this is a pretty old thread. Hope someone finds the info useful.
Reply Home Automation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page