Security Camera Help JVC VN-C30U IP Camera - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-21-2009, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys not sure if this is the rihgt fourm to put it up in but it is for my home automation system. Please feel free to move to right place if im in the wrong.

I recently got my hands on a JVC VN-C30U IP Camera. I recently did a IP change to the camera and now iv somehow screwed myself over with it. I can access the camera through the New IP and the Username and password. However when we go to view a live image it requests another Username and password and I seem to be locked out of that. Is there any way I can reset the camera without sending it back to JVC. Im hoping someone has the software or steps to reset the firmware. JVC wants to charge me to reset it to origional factory defaults as the camera is out of warranty but i dont think that i should need to pay someone to reset a camera. At that point id rather buy another one.

I know JVC is stingy about giving out firmware updates with projectors but for them to do it to all their equipment from what i can see i think is poor customer service. Hopefully someoen has a simple fix for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-21-2009, 11:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 688 Post(s)
Liked: 388
You may want to post your question here: http://www.cctvforum.com/

Folks there specialize in cameras. Hopefully one knows the answer.

Amir
Founder, Madrona Digital
"Insist on Quality Engineering"

post #3 of 6 Old 01-22-2009, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

thanks ill def try that
post #4 of 6 Old 01-22-2009, 02:53 PM

Liked: 11
fahmi,

i'm looking for a jvc camera to demo against for our cellular video surveillance apps at www.totalcontrolapp.com. we have 2 more cellular interfaces coming out soon and i would be interested in working with you to certify a jvc camera. pm me if interested and let me know which kind of cell phone you have.

Robert Conlin
post #5 of 6 Old 01-23-2009, 08:01 AM

syner,

I tried searching for your software in the app store using "total control" as the search parameter. What name should i search for?

Also might want to add this to your page.

Interested in trying it out for my Dlink Ip camera on my iphone.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-26-2009, 04:46 PM

Liked: 11
the app is currently in submission to be approved. if you are interested i will pm you when it is available.

there is no typical demo for iphone/itouch. you can thank apple for that. on all of the other cellular interfaces we have total control (no pun intended, smile) over the app and distribution so there are demo trial versions for those.

i am looking for a camera we can demo against remotely in order to add support for the camera you would be interested in using with the app. i would need remote access temporarily to see if it is compatible. it would not take long and you can change all of your info to the camera after we are done testing against it.

btw d-link is already supported in the app. see the compatibility list spreadsheet on the website under the cellular interface you are interested in. it is your jvc camera that we have not had a chance to test against. d-link is already supported.

Robert Conlin
Reply Home Automation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page