Crestron 2011 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 10-14-2010, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey All,

I've been checking out the Prodigy product line again. I'm interested in their new HDMI 6 x 6 switch. I guess it only distributes video so a separate audio server is needed. How does it handle EDID? Their higher end DM product will send the highest resolution possible to each individual device but I'm concerned the Prodigy will just down convert to the lowest common resolution? For the audio aspect, I have two areas where I would like 7.1 surround and then 11 zones of stereo audio but I'd like to centrally rack everything. Is this possible?

Has anyone heard if the ADMS will support BDMV or ISO. I rip my discs to either format depending if I want the full menu structure or just main movie. I've looked in the Dune as a front end but the IP control isn't there yet and I want a better GUI then it or its jukeboxes display currently. I know netgear is coming out with the NTV550 which is supposed to play everything but I haven't heard about IP support yet, nor its GUI.

I'm assuming the ADMS will be able to get content from the new WHS vail. Has anyone tried yet? When doing a global search...will ADMS prioritize the content I have locally on my network on the display page?

PS3 integration?? I currently use my PS3 in my great room but I'd like it available in a couple other rooms. Can Crestron distribute the signal with two-way feedback (allowing games to be played) or do I have to rely on the bluetooth distance from controller to unit?

Security integration. Will Prodigy integrate with my current system which uses DSC panels?

Will prodigy eventually incorporate pool and sprinkler control?

Thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Can't help you with much, but if you'll look down about 9 threads (currently) to my post "Crestron Prodigy HDMI Matrix Switcher" you will see I asked the same question with respect to their HDMI switch, and got a few answers, but I can't say that I'm completely confident in the responses I got. I also posed the same question over at remotecentral, but haven't really gotten a response there either. Because it's based on the DM 8G distribution methodology, the only reason I can see why it WOULDN'T push the best possible to each location would be a specific limitation that Crestron purposely built in. My gut feel (based on the spec sheets and how they're written, as well as my VERY limited understanding of their 8G methodology) is that this is a baby brother of the larger DM switches and will do exactly what you and I want, while it leaves the larger full-line switches available for bigger distribution chores (8x8, 16X16, etc).

Glad you brought up the question re: ADMS, as I've been gearing up for a Dune as well and had not even considered the ADMS at this point. That would be pretty nice, but I also don't know the price differential between the 2. As I already have a Nuvo system, I really am only interested in the Dune for dvd/bd playback, nothing more, so it may be a more cost-effective solution for me.

Here's hoping your post gets more responses than mine did (with the new stuff, it's nice to hear confirmation from multiple sources).
post #3 of 9 Old 10-15-2010, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchannan View Post

Hey All,

I've been checking out the Prodigy product line again. I'm interested in their new HDMI 6 x 6 switch. I guess it only distributes video so a separate audio server is needed. How does it handle EDID? Their higher end DM product will send the highest resolution possible to each individual device but I'm concerned the Prodigy will just down convert to the lowest common resolution? For the audio aspect, I have two areas where I would like 7.1 surround and then 11 zones of stereo audio but I'd like to centrally rack everything. Is this possible?

Has anyone heard if the ADMS will support BDMV or ISO. I rip my discs to either format depending if I want the full menu structure or just main movie. I've looked in the Dune as a front end but the IP control isn't there yet and I want a better GUI then it or its jukeboxes display currently. I know netgear is coming out with the NTV550 which is supposed to play everything but I haven't heard about IP support yet, nor its GUI.

I'm assuming the ADMS will be able to get content from the new WHS vail. Has anyone tried yet? When doing a global search...will ADMS prioritize the content I have locally on my network on the display page?

PS3 integration?? I currently use my PS3 in my great room but I'd like it available in a couple other rooms. Can Crestron distribute the signal with two-way feedback (allowing games to be played) or do I have to rely on the bluetooth distance from controller to unit?

Security integration. Will Prodigy integrate with my current system which uses DSC panels?

Thanks for the help

The 550 does have IP Control and here is a review of it, complete with screenshots of the GUI: Netgear NeoTV 550 Review

HTH
post #4 of 9 Old 10-15-2010, 08:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
The reason you're not getting very many answers is because there is very little information publicly available about these devices. Until Crestron releases final specs you're sort of up a creek...
post #5 of 9 Old 10-15-2010, 10:00 AM

The HDMI switcher will distribute both video and audio. From what I can tell it looks to be almost identical to the DM version in the main Crestron line, as far as the ADMS, when you do worldsearch it prioritizes whatever content you have stored locally and displays it first. I'm going to my dealer training for Prodigy in a few weeks so I'll see if I can get more info then.
post #6 of 9 Old 02-16-2011, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchannan View Post
Hey All,

Has anyone heard if the ADMS will support BDMV or ISO. I rip my discs to either format depending if I want the full menu structure or just main movie. I've looked in the Dune as a front end but the IP control isn't there yet and I want a better GUI then it or its jukeboxes display currently.

Thanks for the help
It's been a while. I heard the 3 series is shipping now. Crestron Guru's...any update regarding prodigy and DM 8G?
post #7 of 9 Old 02-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Advanced Member

Prodigy DM is not until late summer.

Greg C.
www.pghcustomht.com
CEDIA University Designer CAT Member
CEDIA University Instructor
Crestron DMC-E
post #8 of 9 Old 03-21-2011, 09:22 AM

Hi all,

I am fairly new to automation. I am currently a Lutron RA2 dealer and wanted to get into full automation, thinking of getting into Prodigy. Has anyone integrated RA2, and DSC security panels with Prodigy? Can i integrate receivers such as Denon 3311ci with prodigy? if possible, would that be through RS232 or LAN?

I would greatly appreciate your responses. Thanks!

Reza
post #9 of 9 Old 03-21-2011, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Visiting Remotecentral.com CI lounge may help

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin...eywords=24019&

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
Reply Home Automation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page