Home Automation wiring for new construction - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-14-2010, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am building 6,000 sq.ft. house for myself with future resale potential (in 10yr).
I am looking for an advice or two.
Next month they will be drywalling it and before that I would like to put any wiring required for future home automation system. I understand there are many wireless systems (like Z-Wave or X-10) and those do not need any wiring.
However I'd like to understand what are the options for wired systems to make my house as future-proof as possible.
I am computer programmer myself, so I would like some PC-based automation system that I could easily control and reprogram (instead of calling dealer every time I'd like to change something in it).
Will appreciate the names and web links for good systems and wiring advices. I am thinking of lighting, HD A/V and security... Ability to control my house via internet and iPhone...
Do I understand correctly that I need to run 2 or 3 Cat6 cables from each room to some central "Media Hub" place in my house? Will it be enough for future?

Thank you all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-14-2010, 08:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
in the cocoontech.com wiki there a series of articles for wiring a new home that you might want to check out.
Reply Home Automation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page