Crestron equipment/programming advice needed - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-10-2011, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks! The win book tv was a cheap LCD in the outdoor loggia. I don't see control for the electric screen which is odd. Don't understand how iit got signal

The tp still isn't getting info from jandy using com c. Not sure why
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2011, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
That depends on the screen. It might just be getting a signal from the projector. What screen is it?

I have not looked at any of the logic yet and not even the rest of the ports.

Current owner of the last/best AmPro on the planet. The mighty 4600HD, and it's still running...better than Barco's, especially southern ones.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefuel View Post

That depends on the screen. It might just be getting a signal from the projector. What screen is it?

I have not looked at any of the logic yet and not even the rest of the ports.

It is a dalite, not sure what model.

So the jandy serial adapter is connected to com C. When selecting items on the tp, the net but lights. The rxd, rts, cts lights are on for com c. When I select the com port c in menu and select ascii, nothing scrolls across the screen. When I select bin, bunches of 1's and 0's. The jandy manual shows it to be ascii communication which is what I put it back on but still no control of pool from tp, nor status on tp's from jandy power center.

Also, the jandy manual states

"Most applications will only require a simple3-wire interface. In these applications, or ifusing in conjunction with a Creston HomeAutomation System, the Isolator includedwith the Serial Adapter should be installed
as shown in Figure 4."

Not sure what the isolator is and if that is the problem.

Also, the isys touchpanel for the theater is password protected. I know the password (provided by the original owner) but it wont let me enter it because it isn't connected to the wireless access point. Would it work if I set up a temporary router and give it the ip address provided on the pro2?
Old 03-11-2011, 04:57 AM
AVS Special Member

There is a "help" file along with the Jandy module that says it requires a three wire "straight through" cable from the processor to the Jandy serial adapter.
(pins 2-2, 3-3 and 5-5). Hope that helps. I have no Jandy experiance.

Current owner of the last/best AmPro on the planet. The mighty 4600HD, and it's still running...better than Barco's, especially southern ones.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
There is a "help" file along with the Jandy module that says it requires a three wire "straight through" cable from the processor to the Jandy serial adapter.
(pins 2-2, 3-3 and 5-5). Hope that helps. I have no Jandy experiance.
Spoke with Jandy, seems to be that I am missing a serial adapter isolator. I hope that is it. I ordered online (next day delivery gotta figure this thing out)
Old 03-11-2011, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I doubt it, I've hooked the Jandy units up without them before. Was the wiring all pre-terminated when you hooked it up? Have you tried reversing pins 2 & 3 (ie. a null-modem?

How long is the run from the processor to the Jandy Serial Adapter? From the Jandy SA to the Jandy controller?
Old 03-11-2011, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

And now for your dining pleasure, the third course of tonights meal will show that the internal relay and IO cards are not used. Enet devices are the TPMC-10 at IP-ID-05 and TCP/IP Client at IP-ID-07. The cresnet devices are,

ID-08 C2N-SPWS300
ID-1A LC-1000 (game room)
ID-1B LC-1000 (Patio)
ID-1C LC-1000 (master bedroom)
ID-44 CNX-PAD8A
ID-55 C2N-TXM (old)
ID-65 CLX-1DIM8
ID-66 CLX-1DIM4

And for desert...........Chilled Monkey brains

Old 03-11-2011, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weddellkw View Post

I doubt it, I've hooked the Jandy units up without them before. Was the wiring all pre-terminated when you hooked it up? Have you tried reversing pins 2 & 3 (ie. a null-modem?

How long is the run from the processor to the Jandy Serial Adapter? From the Jandy SA to the Jandy controller?

Well that sucks! Waste of fifty bucks overnight if you are right. It is a good distance say 50 feet from processor to jandy onetouch (but onetouch is working fine) and another few feet from serial to pro2. The jandy serial adapter
is preterminated.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:48 AM
AVS Special Member

How can you tell what address the pro2 is set to so that a router can be set up for his theater touch panel to communicate with? I have been poking around in his program and can't find it.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

In the menu setting on the pro2 an ip address is listed. I guess I could try it.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Can't seem to figure it out. On the Pro2, the addresses list are for device (192.168.1.130) and router (192.168.1.1). I tried the first one but it would not connect. I can not figure out how to use 192.168.1.1 as a static ip address as I get a invalid gateway. Anyone know what gateway address I would use? I'm not a networking guru.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Damn, I was hoping to hear better news by now. Have you tried re-booting the router with both the Pro2 and touch panel running?

Do you have access to the router from your PC? Does the router at least see that something is connected to a port other than your PC?

Old 03-18-2011, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

No, not working yet. I will try your suggestions. Work has been crazy so I have only had a few minutes. Need a little more time to work with the router.

The isolator for the jandy didn't solve the problem as suggested here. I will keep problem solving there as well.

Looking back, I have sorted out quit a lot since I started (thanks to stefuel and everyone here!). I at least have all the wires traced/labeled, know the r232 and ir assignments on the pro2 and found out the screen is on a 12 volt trigger with a relay to boost miliamps. Certainly this will help out the programmer when I get all the new equipment and has been very educational so I am a somewhat educated consumer.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Also, the original programmer left three back-door passwords. I don't know what the origial owner gave you for a password but I have three that you probably don't know. I can post them here if you like. When the program is updated, they are a quick change.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Also, the original programmer left three back-door passwords. I don't know what the origial owner gave you for a password but I have three that you probably don't know. I can post them here if you like. When the program is updated, they are a quick change.

Sure, post away. The owner gave me the password 2006. Doesnt work though if the panel is not communicating over wifi.

Not sure why it still isn't working. Setup router with ip listed on the pro2. Gave it the ssid "Caress" which was listed on the pro2 as well. Pro2 Net light is on, router is working but the tp doesn't work. In the end it doesn't matter too much as I will replace the tp with a few ipads. Still really would like to get the inwall tp's controlling the pool though.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:43 AM
AVS Special Member

2006 is one of the passwords I have here. there is also 7070 and 9999.

Double check all the cresnet wiring for the cresnet comminication problem.
I've never used the C2N-SPWS300 power supply but it is a cresnet device.
Make sure the cresnet output from the pro2 is connected to the top right input of the power supply. Not sure but I don't think it matters which device is plugged into which output port. With the system powered up, report which LED's on the power supply are on and off. I can't remember if there is a "NET" LED on the power supply but if there is and it's off that would be a big clue.
If I read everything you've posted correctly, it sounds as though your power connections are correct (24 and G), so I would double check that all the (Y and Z) connections are also correct as they provide the communication. There is a "NET" LED on the CNX-PAD8A. Is it on when the cresnet from it is connected to the C2N-SPWS300 power supply?

Old 03-19-2011, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

We're getting close to the point that unless we stumble onto something stupid and silly that has been missed, someone with a laptop and software will have to go there and sort it out for you. If the Pro2 can't connect to the router, remote help is out of the question.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Oh where, oh where has the 300 watt power supply gone?
Oh where, oh where could it be?

I just re-read the whole thread from start to finish and his Crestron list and all following posts omit the 300 watt supply which is configured into his system and explains why he does not have sufficient ports to plug in all his cresnet connectors. Earlier in the thread we were looking for a junction block for connection to all his cresnet devices. You don't require a junction block when you have 16 open ports on the power supply.

So where is the C2N-SPWS300 that is configured into the system???

Old 03-22-2011, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

You are correct, I do not have a C2N-SPWS300. I do have two smaller cresnet power supplies, one permanently installed in the lighting panel ( CAEN-BLOCK) and one loose that was on his cabinet. The owner states he never had the C2N-SPWS300. So maybe it was programmed but not used? I have no reason to believe the prior owner is keeping the power supply of all pieces of equipment.

The 3 inwall touchpanels are serial so that is only one cresnet plug. That leaves the PAD8A and C2N-TXM. The lighting is on the CAEN-BLOCK. I have plenty of free ports on the power supplies.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Oh you're killing me

Break out the digital camera

What power supplies do you have?

Does the PAD8A net light come on when it's powered up and connected to the cresnet?

Lets start from scratch and make sure you're not over taxing the processors power supply. Please list ALL crestron equipment even if you don't think it matters. I'll look at the power needs and and suggest how best to add in the power supply. Then we will finish up the cresnet wiring and move on to something else.

Did I just step in something

Old 03-23-2011, 09:46 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Did I just step in something

Only the joys of remote troubleshooting.

I agree that one concise post with an equipment list and basic connection details would help to move forward, I've sort of lost the scope of this thread over the last several weeks.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member

OK, your program only lists total power consumption of 54 watts. The Pro2 has a 50 watt power supply. I do not know how much of that the Pro2 uses but the PAD8A uses 10 watts, the C2N-TXM is 8 watts and the three LC-1000's are 3 watts each. The CAEN-BLOCK is not a power supply. I am not sure what if any cresnet power is consumed by the 1DIM4 and 1DIM8. If my calculations are correct, the addition of a CNPWS-75 (75 watt) power supply would be a good addition to your system.

So here's what I want you to try. First un-plug power from the Pro2. Then I want you to connect the cresnet out from the Pro2 to the left most "NET" connector on the CAEN-BLOCK. That leaves 3 open "NET" ports. Plug the PAD8A and the common connector for the 3 LC-1000's onto two of those ports.
Leave the TXM out of the remaining port because that puts you over power budget. Now before you re-connect power to the Pro2, I want you to double check every cresnet connector on each end to be sure the wire colors are in the identical order on each one. I think you said the 1DIM4 and 8 were still wired to the CAEN-BLOCK. If so, make sure they are getting line voltage connection. Make sure the power supply is connected to the Pad8A and Plug un the Pro2 and let it boot up. The "NET" led's on all connected cresnet devices should be on. If so, power down again, un-plug the PAD8A and plug in the TXM and re-boot the Pro2 again. The "NET" led should come on on that.

If anyone see's something wrong with this last post, speak now or forever hold your magic smoke. Time for dinner

Old 03-23-2011, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Equipment rack, close up of pro2 and pad8a front, front of c2n-xm and cnt-block, crestron caen enclosure and close up of caen-block in panel. I will try hooking things up again as suggested tommorrow. Too late tonight!
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
Old 03-23-2011, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

And for fun since everyone loves pics. Theater room back and front, one of the kef ci9000, bar area in game room outside theater.
LL
LL
LL
LL
Old 03-24-2011, 05:11 AM
AVS Special Member

"I will try hooking things up again as suggested tommorrow."

NOPE!!!
Now you snuck in another piece of the puzzle after the fact. (CNT-BLOCK)
No time to post a re-configure this AM. Will re-do tonight after ALL crestron equipment has been listed. EVERYTHING...

Old 03-24-2011, 06:35 AM
CJO
AVS Special Member

Does the PAD8A use 10 watts from the Pro2 even though it has its own power supply?

CJ

coneilliv at aol dot com

The Dark Knight Theater
(a bunch of good reference links and material in first 15 posts)
Old 03-24-2011, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

PRO2 Professional Dual-Bus Control System
CNX-PAD8A Audio Distribution Processor
C2N-TXM Radio Tuner
TPMC-10 Wireless Tablet Touch Panel
TPMC-10 Docking Station
3 LC1000
Crestron dimmer modules
Creston panel with CAEN-BLOCK
CNT-BLOCK

Really that's it, I promise. It is as listed in first post except I didn't have the CNT-BLOCK at time of posting.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M 350Z View Post

PRO2 Professional Dual-Bus Control System
CNX-PAD8A Audio Distribution Processor
C2N-TXM Radio Tuner
TPMC-10 Wireless Tablet Touch Panel
TPMC-10 Docking Station
3 LC1000
Crestron dimmer modules
Creston panel with CAEN-BLOCK
CNT-BLOCK

Really that's it, I promise. It is as listed in first post except I didn't have the CNT-BLOCK at time of posting.

OK, almost the same. Power everything down. Connect the cresnet out from the Pro2 to NET 1 on the CNTBLOCK. Connect the CNX-PAD8A to NET 5.
Connect the C2N-TXM, the common cresnet connector for the three LC-1000s and the cresnet feeding the CAEN-BLOCK to NET 2, 3 and 4. respectively.
Do double check all the cresnet connectors for correct wiring. Is the Jandy serial adapter and cable still hooked up? If not, connect it the way that it looks it should be. Power everything up. After the Pro2 re-boots, check for power and NET lights on all the Crestron equipment. The first place you should see a power LED is on the CNTBLOCK. You should see power and NET lights on the PAD8 and TXM. I'm pretty sure there are NET lights on the dimmer modules also. (never seen one up close). After everything is powered up, report the state of the three LEDs on the CNTBLOCK. That is your cresnet troubleshooting tool.

Go to the Crestron website and download the manual for the CNTBLOCK.
There is a section in that 4 page manual on how to use the LEDs for troubleshooting.

I NEED A DRINK!!!

Old 03-27-2011, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Thanks again. I am short a few of the black crestron wire terminations. Didn't get all the interconnects so I am ordering some from fleabay. Once I get them I will give it a try!
Old 03-27-2011, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't know how many 4 wire ones you are missing but don't forget the 2 wire IR ones. You need 8 for that. Do you have the IR emitters? You can fleabay those as well. While you are there, check out the 75 and 300 watt power supplies. A 75 watt will do.

Also, I think you make a appointment with a programmer to come by to sort out the ethernet issue. I don't think that can be resolved by trial and error. A hour service call with a programmer and a program called toolbox or Viewport and you'll be back up_and_running.