Request for beta testers for Mac OS X versions of Global Caché applications - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 35 Old 02-24-2012, 03:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
v. 1.1.0. It appears that the Test IR button works on the command in the Edit View window, in which I don't believe I can copy and paste a command from the Results window, in order to test it. Is there any way to test commands before incorporating them into an app that will be used for day-to-day remote control? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 02-25-2012, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobForum View Post

v. 1.1.0. It appears that the Test IR button works on the command in the Edit View window, in which I don't believe I can copy and paste a command from the Results window, in order to test it. Is there any way to test commands before incorporating them into an app that will be used for day-to-day remote control? thanks

You are correct that you can only test the IR command while it is still shown in de Edit View and that it is not possible to paste a command in the Edit View.
As soon as you add the code to the Results, it can not be tested anymore...
For now, the best course of action is to learn a code, test it if needed / wanted, add it to the list of results. Maybe I will add the possibility to test the IR code from the Results list, I will have a look at it at a later time.

An other possibility to test the IR code, is to copy the IR code beginning with sendir,1:1,... from the saved file, and use iTest to send it to your iTach / GC100 unit. Please make sure that the 1:1 part is set correctly (1:1, 1:2 and 1:3 for the iTach and 4:1, 4:2, 4:3, 5:1, 5:2, 5:3 for the GC100).
post #33 of 35 Old 05-18-2012, 11:21 AM

I cannot get iHelp to see my wifi2ir iTach. I have a very simple network with my Macbook connected directly to my airport extreme. The iTach unit is on. I cannot see the unit through my airport logs, nor can I see it with iHelp.

There must be a simple process for this. It is ridiculous that I can't even get the unit connected to the network.
post #34 of 35 Old 05-18-2012, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenhoeve View Post

I cannot get iHelp to see my wifi2ir iTach. I have a very simple network with my Macbook connected directly to my airport extreme. The iTach unit is on. I cannot see the unit through my airport logs, nor can I see it with iHelp.

There must be a simple process for this. It is ridiculous that I can't even get the unit connected to the network.

Did you follow the instructions for setting up the iTach WF2IR as described in the setup guide you received with the iTach or that can be found in the training portal from Global Caché (can be found on http://www.globalcache.com/training and you have to sign up to use it)?

By default the WF2IR iTach is in adhoc or peer-to-peer mode, and you first have to connect the iTach to your WiFi network by connecting to the SSID of the iTach with your Macbook (connect to network GlobalCache and go to address 169.254.1.70).

If you already done this and are still unable to find the iTach, then please contact Global Caché Support.

Martijn
post #35 of 35 Old 05-18-2012, 03:38 PM

I am such a knucklehead. I had forgotten my airport was off and was expecting the router to do the job. Ugh. Thanks.
Reply Home Automation

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page