Request for beta testers for Mac OS X versions of Global Caché applications - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 35 Old 12-05-2010, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
None of the four applications are in (public) beta testing anymore. They are all released as normal versions. But you are welcome to test / have a look at the applications.
If you encounter any problem with the applications, then please let me know.
The download links are still valid. You can also have a look at my website http://www.rmartijnr.eu/

Original post:

With the permission of Global Caché I have made Mac OS X versions of the iLearn, iHelp, iTest and iConvert applications. These are now ready for (first private) beta testing. The iHelp application for now has no firmware update option for the iTach.

System requirements:
- You have to own a Global Caché product like the GC100, iTach, GC-IRL, GC-IRE to be able to test the applications (if you want to test IR codes in iLearn, you need an IR capable iTach or a GC100).
- Mac OS X 10.4 or higher.

I have tested the applications with an GC100-12 and a GC-IRL Running Mac OS X 10.6.5 on a Mac Pro and a MacBook Pro.

If you are willing to help me beta test these applications, then please send me a private message.
Please add the following information:
- What Global Caché products you have
- Mac OS X version
- Kind of network connection (wired and/of WiFi)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 12-06-2010, 01:15 AM

I wanna help! I'll send a pm
post #3 of 35 Old 12-13-2010, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter

just to let you know that a basic website is up on http://www.rmartijnr.eu/
post #4 of 35 Old 01-18-2011, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

I'm putting the applications up for public BETA testing. It can be that the applications do not work correctly for you, that is why it is still BETA.

System requirements:
- You have to own a Global Caché product like the GC100, iTach, GC-IRL, GC-IRE to be able to test the applications (if you want to test IR codes in iLearn, you need an IR capable iTach or a GC100).
- Mac OS X 10.4 or higher.

I have tested the applications with an GC100-12, an iTach WF2IR and a GC-IRL, running Mac OS X 10.6.5 on a Mac Pro and a MacBook Pro.

You can download the applications from:
http://dl.rmartijnr.eu/iLearn/iLearn.zip
http://dl.rmartijnr.eu/iHelp/iHelp.zip
http://dl.rmartijnr.eu/iTest/iTest.zip
http://dl.rmartijnr.eu/iConvert/iConvert.zip

Please test all 4 the applications.

In the 'About' box for each application you can find an email address where you can send questions, remarks, found bugs, etc.
The applications check for updates at program start. You can also check for updates from the menu.
The iLearn and the iTest application log the communication to a log-file. The log-file can be opened using the menu-item in the Help menu, and can also be found in the Console application (Utilities -> Console) under FILES -> ~/Library/Logs -> iLearn.log / iTest.log

Please note: When searching for iTach and/or GC100 devices, only one application can be scanning. If other applications are running (like iHelp) then an error can occur.
Also: It can take up to 60 seconds before an GC100 or iTach unit can be 'found'. The units send a beacon every 10 to 60 seconds apart.

ToDo:
- Add the Firmware update option for the iTach in iHelp
- Add preferences for update checking
- Create documentation, help and a tutorial for the applications

Please let me know how the applications are working on your system.

Any questions, remarks, bugs, requests can be posted in this thread or sent to me by email.
post #5 of 35 Old 01-18-2011, 04:32 PM

Concerning the iConvert and iLearn above post, I'm happy to learn they are available for Mac (I will let know our french iRule HCFR forum, they are avail. for testing...)

By the way, maybe it was discussed before, but is there a converter CCF to XML, so that the Hex codes could be imported quickly in iRule ?
post #6 of 35 Old 01-18-2011, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy A-traxx View Post

By the way, maybe it was discussed before, but is there a converter CCF to XML, so that the Hex codes could be imported quickly in iRule ?

I found some source code to decode a CCF file on http://www.remotecentral.com/
I will have a look at it, and if possible create a utility to convert CCF to XML for Mac OS X.
post #7 of 35 Old 01-19-2011, 10:03 AM

I have an all Mac system and downloaded the set. I haven't encountered and crashes yet. The iHelp correctly identifies my GC unit and a Denon Receiver on my net but I remain dead in the water. Some instructions on iTest would help me evaluate the software more thoroughly. I have almost no idea what the product does.

My Mac Pro and IPAD can see the GC100 but it will not respond to pings from any other device and irule can't find the Gateway despite it being on the same subnet with a separate IP address.
post #8 of 35 Old 01-19-2011, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Gibson View Post

Some instructions on iTest would help me evaluate the software more thoroughly. I have almost no idea what the product does.

What the applications do:
iLearn is used to learn IR codes from a remote control. You need to have an iTach unit or an GC-IRL connected to one of the RS232 ports of the GC100 unit. The GC-IRL can also be connected to the Mac using an RS232 to USB adapter (according to the Global Caché support website the Keyspan is not supported). A tutorial can be found on the website of Global Caché at http://www.globalcache.com/support/ilearn-tutorial/

iHelp is used to find iTach and GC100 units on the same network using the same subnet. And you can open the web configuration page from the iTach or GC100 from iHelp using right-click on the selected line.

iTest can be used to test sending commands to an iTach or GC100 unit as described in the API documentation found on the website of Global Caché (see http://www.globalcache.com/downloads/ ).
Other commands than the ones described in the API documentation are not understood by the Global Caché products.
With iTest you really have to know what you are doing and understand what is described in the API documentation.
I you want to try it then connect to your GC100 and enter the command getdevices and click on the button Literal. This will result in a list of devices / connections on your GC100.
For normal use you do not need iTest...

iConvert can be used to convert IR codes between Global Caché format and HEX format.

Quote:

My Mac Pro and IPAD can see the GC100 but it will not respond to pings from any other device and irule can't find the Gateway despite it being on the same subnet with a separate IP address.

I am also using an all Mac system (at first I did use the Windows versions of the applications using Paralleles as they can be found on the website of Global Caché).
I suppose you tried to open the configuration web page from the GC100 in Safari on the iPad?
My GC100-12 unit also does not respond to pings and I think this is not implemented in the software running on the GC100 unit.
Did you follow the tutorial for adding a gateway on http://www.iruleathome.com/tutorials...a-gateway.html ?
Please note that when iRule is searching for the GC100 unit it can take up to 60 seconds for the GC100 to send its beacon to be found by iRule.
They probably use the same mechanism as is used in iHelp.

If you can see the configuration page in Safari on your iPad, and you followed the tutorial from iRule without any success, then I think the best thing to do is contact support from iRule.
post #9 of 35 Old 01-19-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martijn View Post

Did you follow the tutorial for adding a gateway on http://www.iruleathome.com/tutorials...a-gateway.html ?
Please note that when iRule is searching for the GC100 unit it can take up to 60 seconds for the GC100 to send its beacon to be found by iRule.
They probably use the same mechanism as is used in iHelp.

If you can see the configuration page in Safari on your iPad, and you followed the tutorial from iRule without any success, then I think the best thing to do is contact support from iRule.

Yes, I followed it carefully. I'm using an Apple Airport extreme connecting my Mac Pro and another Mini to the GC100. iHelp sees the GC100 (192.168.1.15) but can neither ping it or connect with safari. I connected the device directly to a stand alone mini through a d-link switch and it can contact the GC100 and change values, but not on the lan. IPAD iRule does not see the gateway. A ping on the net says the host is down.

While I am a newbie when it come to TCP/IP I'm convinced something about the Airport Extreme is blocking the GC100. I've read something about port forwarding but I don't know enough about that. Usint itest and the avove command it reports back that it can't find 192.168.1.15..the 'literal' button along with the other two remains greyed out.
post #10 of 35 Old 01-19-2011, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I'm using an Apple Airport extreme connecting my Mac Pro and another Mini to the GC100. iHelp sees the GC100 (192.168.1.15) but can neither ping it or connect with safari. I connected the device directly to a stand alone mini through a d-link switch and it can contact the GC100 and change values, but not on the lan. IPAD iRule does not see the gateway. A ping on the net says the host is down.

While I am a newbie when it come to TCP/IP I'm convinced something about the Airport Extreme is blocking the GC100. I've read something about port forwarding but I don't know enough about that. Usint itest and the avove command it reports back that it can't find 192.168.1.15..the 'literal' button along with the other two remains greyed out.

(We are going way off-topic, but I will try to help you.)
To be able to help you further, I need some additional information about how your network is connected (you can see it as a kind of check-list):
- Am I correct in assuming that the Airport Extreme is used to connect to the internet?
- Do you use static IP addresses or are you using DHCP served by the Airport Extreme?
- Do the Mac Pro, the Mac Mini and the iPad have an IP address in the range 192.168.1.x (where x is a number between 1 and 254, on your Mac Pro you can find these settings in the 'System Preferences' under 'Network' where either the 'Ethernet 1' or the 'Ethernet 2' is connected and has an IP-address)?
- Are the Mac Pro, the Mac Mini and the GC100 connected with one of the LAN ports of the Airport Extreme (either direct or using an switch)?
- Is the iPad connected to the Airport Extreme using WiFi?
- Is the Airport Extreme connected to your internet modem using the WAN port?
- If you are using dynamic IP addresses, is the Airport Extreme the only DHCP server in your network?
- If you are using static IP addresses, then please make sure each address is unique!
- If you are using DHCP then please make sure the GC100 is set to use DHCP, and not using a static IP address

As I have mentioned in my previous message, the GC100 will not respond to ping, this is normal (my GC100 also does not respond to a ping).

As it is possible to connect to the GC100 and configure it using a Mac Mini and a switch, I think that you have a problem in the network settings of the GC100.
Because the IP address that you see in iHelp is not necessary in the same range as the rest of your network. This information is send by the GC100 using a beacon (a special kind of network message), and it can be that the IP-address you see is set to a static value in the GC100 which does not correspond to the rest of your network.
It is also possible that there is an other device in your network that also has the IP-address 192.168.1.15 that is causing troubles. All IP-addresses in the same network must be unique and end with a number ranging from 1 to 254, 0 and 255 are not valid.
So for your Mac Pro and iPad to be able to connect to the GC100, they should have an IP-address starting with '192.168.1.' but not have 192.168.1.15 !

Please note that 'Port Forwarding' is used to be able to access for example a web-server on you internal network from the outside which in this case is the internet, you do not need it on your own LAN/WiFi network to access your GC100.

Hopefully this makes some thing a little bit clearer for you...
post #11 of 35 Old 01-19-2011, 07:49 PM

I will answer the questions within the questions for clarity. Thank you for answering. Not sure I agree that this is off topic.

Quote:

(We are going way off-topic, but I will try to help you.)
To be able to help you further, I need some additional information about how your network is connected (you can see it as a kind of check-list):
- Am I correct in assuming that the Airport Extreme is used to connect to the internet?

Yes.

- Do you use static IP addresses or are you using DHCP served by the Airport Extreme?

Right how everything is DHCP; everything is within the range 192.168.1.x.

- Do the Mac Pro, the Mac Mini and the iPad have an IP address in the range 192.168.1.x (where x is a number between 1 and 254, on your Mac Pro you can find these settings in the 'System Preferences' under 'Network' where either the 'Ethernet 1' or the 'Ethernet 2' is connected and has an IP-address)?

Yes as I said, everything is 192.268.1.x.Airport Extreme: 192.168..1 Mac Pro 192.168.1.2, IPAD 192.168.1.4, GC `192.168.1.19 Mini 192.168.1.15

- Are the Mac Pro, the Mac Mini and the GC100 connected with one of the LAN ports of the Airport Extreme (either direct or using an switch)?

Yes, the Mac Mini,Mac Pro and the GC100 are all directly connected to the back of each of the Airport Extreme.

- Is the iPad connected to the Airport Extreme using WiFi?

Yes.

- Is the Airport Extreme connected to your internet modem using the WAN port?

Yes.

- If you are using dynamic IP addresses, is the Airport Extreme the only DHCP server in your network?

Yes, it is.

- If you are using static IP addresses, then please make sure each address is unique!

n/a

- If you are using DHCP then please make sure the GC100 is set to use DHCP, and not using a static IP address

it is

As I have mentioned in my previous message, the GC100 will not respond to ping, this is normal (my GC100 also does not respond to a ping).

As it is possible to connect to the GC100 and configure it using a Mac Mini and a switch, I think that you have a problem in the network settings of the GC100.
Because the IP address that you see in iHelp is not necessary in the same range as the rest of your network. This information is send by the GC100 using a beacon (a special kind of network message), and it can be that the IP-address you see is set to a static value in the GC100 which does not correspond to the rest of your network.

But it does.

It is also possible that there is an other device in your network that also has the IP-address 192.168.1.15 that is causing troubles.

[No there isn't. What do you base that statement on? There are three wires coming out of the back of the Airport Express and three devices, each going to one device, a mini, a mac pro, and the GC100

All IP-addresses in the same network must be unique and end with a number ranging from 1 to 254, 0 and 255 are not valid.
So for your Mac Pro and iPad to be able to connect to the GC100, they should have an IP-address starting with '192.168.1.' but not have 192.168.1.15 !

Please note that 'Port Forwarding' is used to be able to access for example a web-server on you internal network from the outside which in this case is the internet, you do not need it on your own LAN/WiFi network to access your GC100.

Hopefully this makes some thing a little bit clearer for you...

post #12 of 35 Old 01-20-2011, 12:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

iHelp sees the GC100 (192.168.1.15) but can neither ping it or connect with safari.

Quote:

everything is 192.268.1.x.Airport Extreme: 192.168..1 Mac Pro 192.168.1.2, IPAD 192.168.1.4, GC `192.168.1.19 Mini 192.168.1.15

As you are having changing IP-addresses for your devices, I think it is best to set DHCP reservations in the Airport Extreme based on the MAC address for the GC100 and the Denon (and other devices you want to control using iRule). I do it that way to prevent having problems related to changing IP-addresses.

From the AirPort help:
To set up DHCP reservations:

1. Open AirPort Utility, located in the Utilities folder in the Applications folder on a computer using Mac OS X, and in Start > All Programs > AirPort on a Windows computer.

2. Select the device you're setting up, and then click Manual Setup. Enter the password if necessary.

3. Click Internet in the toolbar, and then click DHCP.

4. Click Add (+) below the DHCP Reservations list and follow the onscreen instructions to reserve a DHCP address. You will need to know the MAC address of the client computer you're reserving the address for, and you will need to decide which address you want to reserve from the DHCP range.

You could use 192.168.1.100 for the GC100-6, 192.168.1.101 for the Denon, and so on.

In the AirPort you can see the MAC addresses from the devices in your network:
To view DHCP client information:

1. Open AirPort Utility, located in the Utilities folder in the Applications folder on a computer using Mac OS X, and in Start > All Programs > AirPort on a Windows computer.

2. Select the device you're setting up, and then click Manual Setup. Enter the password if necessary.

3. Click Advanced in the toolbar, and then click Logging & Statistics.

4. Click Logs and Statistics, and then click DHCP Clients. You can see the Mac address, IP address, client ID, and lease time of clients on your network.

The MAC address is also printed on a label on your device.

After applying the changes to the AirPort you probably also have to reset the devices you added to the DHCP reservations to be sure they get and use the correct IP address (power off, wait 10 - 30 seconds, power on).
You also need to add the devices again in iRule (because the IP-addresses changed).

BTW: Can you see the configuration page from the GC100 if you enter the address http://192.168.1.19 in Safari?

Quote:

It is also possible that there is an other device in your network that also has the IP-address 192.168.1.15 that is causing troubles.

[No there isn't. What do you base that statement on? There are three wires coming out of the back of the Airport Express and three devices, each going to one device, a mini, a mac pro, and the GC100

I am just trying to find out what is wrong and with the information I had at the time I typed my post this was a possibility...

In one of your posts you also mentioned that you see your Denon receiver in iHelp. Is the Denon connected to your network? If so, how is it connected (network cable or WiFi) and do you know the IP-address?

I had a look at your posts in the iRule thread and it looks like your GC100-6 is having strange problems...
Maybe you can try to reset the GC100 to factory defaults as described in the Quick Start Guide: "Factory defaults can be set during power up by connecting pins 7 and 2 on connector SERIAL 1 with a wrap back connector or a flat bladed screw driver.", as shown on the bottom of page 1 of http://www.globalcache.com/files/doc...06_distrib.pdf

Some background information:
I live in the Netherlands and am in time-zone GMT+1. English is not my native language but Dutch is. I can understand Dutch, English and German, but I can only write in Dutch and English.
I do not work for Global Caché. I have made the Mac OS X versions in my own time. I decided to make the applications because I did not like having to use Windows on my Mac to learn IR codes from some of my remotes.
It also helped a lot that Global Caché has API documentation for their products making it possible for me to understand how the GC100, GC-IRL, GC-IRE and iTach respond to commands and what commands are available.
Global Caché did provide me with source code for the firmware update functionality in iHelp, but I have to port it to the Mac before I can build it into iHelp.
post #13 of 35 Old 01-20-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:

I had a look at your posts in the iRule thread and it looks like your GC100-6 is having strange problems...

Thank you again for taking the time to help. I have obtained an RMA # from Global Cache' and have returned the GC100-6. GC has been very cooperative and helpful from the outset as has iRule. The folks at iRule have even gone to the extent of purchasing an Apple Airport Extreme to investigate the situation. While I'm stymied right now I am sure the problem issue will be identified with the level of support at both GC and iRule.

All the assistance I've received here not withstanding it shouldn't be this difficult to set up the GC100. Time will tell where the problem lies. I'm eager to get the IPAD controlling my system. Up to this point I've tried all sorts of controllers ranging from a Pronto, to an "R7" to some off the wall IR devices when I had PCs. The combination of iRule, GC and the IPAD appear to be the right combination at the right time.
post #14 of 35 Old 01-24-2011, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

I've decided to announce new versions of the applications in this thread.

Latest versions at the moment are:
  • iLearn version 0.2.1 BETA
  • iHelp version 0.1.2 BETA
  • iTest version 0.1.6 BETA
  • iConvert version 0.1.3 BETA

Release notes for iLearn:
Version 0.2.1 BETA of iLearn
The following bugs were corrected:
  • When using an iTach unit for both learning and testing IR and the iTach has an older firmware version, responses from the iTach were not always recognized correctly
  • When testing IR and during testing the IP-address for the unit used for testing was changed then this change was not used. Only after disconnecting and re-connecting it was possible to set an other unit for IR testing

Version 0.2.0 BETA of iLearn
When saving the learned IR codes, you can now choose between text format and iRule format (see http://www.iruleathome.com/).
Please let me know if you have other save-types you want added to iLearn

Version 0.1.7 BETA of iLearn
The following changes have been made:
  1. Sometimes the IR code from the iTach was not processed correctly resulting in an incorrect code
  2. Some small changes
post #15 of 35 Old 01-28-2011, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Release notes for iLearn:
Version 0.3.0 BETA of iLearn
The following changes have been made:
  • The Gaps setting is automatically adjusted for best guess on necessary code length
  • A value entered in one of the fields of the Capture Settings is now evaluated automatically about 1 second after the last key-press

The automatic adjustment for the Gaps setting is based on the release notes of iLearn 2.3 for Windows.
post #16 of 35 Old 02-24-2011, 11:40 PM

I am having problems with the initial discovery of the WF2IR on both my mac mini and iMac. When I can for wireless networks, I never see the WF2IR network at all! Because of this I cannot even get the initial setup process going...

Any tip to get it working on a mac?
post #17 of 35 Old 02-25-2011, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettB0727 View Post

I am having problems with the initial discovery of the WF2IR on both my mac mini and iMac. When I can for wireless networks, I never see the WF2IR network at all! Because of this I cannot even get the initial setup process going...

Any tip to get it working on a mac?

I suppose you tried to scan for the iTach Wifi network from either your Mac Mini or your iMac using either the System Preferences or the Airport menu?
I don't know if you've already read the tutorial from the Global Caché website for setting up a Wifi iTach unit: http://www.globalcache.com/support/wifitutorial/
It is for Windows, but it could help you for the Mac.

I have a WF2IR here, and I had no problem seeing the Wifi network from the iTach (network name is iTach followed by the MAC address of the unit, something like iTach000C1E01B45C).
If you still have problems, then I think you should reset the iTach unit.
post #18 of 35 Old 03-17-2011, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

Today I released updates for iConvert, iLearn and iTest. These are no longer in beta. See the website for the release-notes.
iHelp will follow later due to adding the firmware update option for the iTach.
post #19 of 35 Old 04-25-2011, 11:55 AM

Hi,
Just went to G.C. site and have used your ilearn for Mac. Macbook pro 10.6.7 with itach wf2ir / latest firmware. All went smooth. Easy to use! How do I import the code into irule to use on an ipad?
imissing somethng?,
A
post #20 of 35 Old 04-25-2011, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alelton View Post

How do I import the code into irule to use on an ipad?

I suppose you know that you need a license to access the iRule Builder to create panels and pages that can be used in iRule? (see http://www.iruleathome.com/irule-builder.html, you can test-drive it for 14 days)

You have a few options to get the learned codes into iRule Builder:
1. In version 1.1.0 of iLearn for Mac the learned code is put on the clipboard so you can paste it in iRule builder. If you are using the Global Caché save format please remove the part starting with: sendir,1:1,1,

2. You can also use the method as is described in: http://www.iruleathome.com/tutorials/ir-learner.html

3. You can also save each learned code by giving a learned code a name in de "Button Name" field and clicking on "Save" (it will be shown in the "Results" box). When all codes for a device have been learned, click on the button "New File" after which a file-dialog box will be shown. In this dialog box you can choose to "Save as iRule File" (at the bottom of the dialog box). This will result in a XML-file that can be imported in the iRule builder as a new device, and contains all learned codes for your device.

On the web-page http://www.iruleathome.com/support/support.html you can find several items that explain how to use several things in iRule builder.

BTW: I do not work for iRule or Global Caché, I'm just using their products (but really like them )
post #21 of 35 Old 04-25-2011, 04:55 PM

Thanks for the help. I did purchased the builder and am working through the learning curve. I followed your directions using your ilearn and when I test the code it works fine. I name it and save it for irule, but when I import it and lay it over the button, it would not work. Go figure! I did this 3 times but have the same result.
post #22 of 35 Old 04-26-2011, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alelton View Post

I name it and save it for irule, but when I import it and lay it over the button, it would not work. Go figure! I did this 3 times but have the same result.

I did some testing and found out it is best to set the save format to HEX...

If it still doesn't work, then please email me your XML file saved from iLearn and if possible the log-file of iLearn (see the help menu in iLearn).
The email adres can be found in the About box from iLearn.
post #23 of 35 Old 05-01-2011, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy A-traxx View Post

Just to let you know:

I have finished the first version of an application to export the HEX codes from an CCF file to a text-file or an iRule XML file (can be imported in the devices tab in the iRule builder).

You can download the files from:
System requirements:
  • Mac OS X 10.4 or higher.
  • Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7
  • Linux, GTK + 2.x or newer
post #24 of 35 Old 05-03-2011, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter

I just released a new BETA version of iHelp with the iTach firmware upgrade option added.
Check for updates from iHelp to get the new version, or go to my website.
post #25 of 35 Old 05-08-2011, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

I have uploaded a new version of CCF Export (version 1.1.0).
You can now also export the images used in the CCF file as PNG files.

You can download the files from:
System requirements:
  • Mac OS X 10.4 or higher.
  • Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7
  • Linux, GTK + 2.x or newer
post #26 of 35 Old 06-05-2011, 07:09 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Martin,

Thank you very much for doing this great work! Through your help, I believe I probably will be able to switch from Pronto to something using a GC-100. I'll have to take a good look around before moving forward, but I thought I'd just send a note of thanks. I'd certainly be happy to help test and such!
post #27 of 35 Old 06-05-2011, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by schalliol View Post

Martin,

Thank you very much for doing this great work! Through your help, I believe I probably will be able to switch from Pronto to something using a GC-100. I'll have to take a good look around before moving forward, but I thought I'd just send a note of thanks. I'd certainly be happy to help test and such!

Thank you for your message!
None of the four applications are in public beta testing anymore. They are now all released as normal versions. But you are welcome to test / have a look at the applications.
The download links are still valid. You can also have a look at my website http://www.rmartijnr.eu/
post #28 of 35 Old 12-03-2011, 06:12 PM

May be the wrong thread, but in case someone is going through the same issue...

I'm trying to control my Yamaha RX-V2700 via serial, global cache GC-100-12, DemoPad. I am a mac user, so I've been using the Mac version of the iTest global cache software in order to 'figure out' the serial codes that need to be sent\
eceived to the receiver in order to control it. I've found that the hex string \\x02 07E7F \\x03 will turn the receiver off when sent via iTest from the mac. With this info, I made a power button in demopad designer (on my windows box) to send that code when the button is released. For some reason, once I got it downloaded to my iphone, the button didn't work. After troubleshooting to no avail, I downloaded the iTest app for windows, sent the same code to the receiver, and nothing. How can it work in iTest for Mac, and not for windows? Anyone else run into this?
post #29 of 35 Old 12-03-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedX View Post

May be the wrong thread, but in case someone is going through the same issue...

I'm trying to control my Yamaha RX-V2700 via serial, global cache GC-100-12, DemoPad. I am a mac user, so I've been using the Mac version of the iTest global cache software in order to 'figure out' the serial codes that need to be sent\
eceived to the receiver in order to control it. I've found that the hex string \\x02 07E7F \\x03 will turn the receiver off when sent via iTest from the mac. With this info, I made a power button in demopad designer (on my windows box) to send that code when the button is released. For some reason, once I got it downloaded to my iphone, the button didn't work. After troubleshooting to no avail, I downloaded the iTest app for windows, sent the same code to the receiver, and nothing. How can it work in iTest for Mac, and not for windows? Anyone else run into this?

Problem solved, Windows didn't like spaces.
post #30 of 35 Old 12-04-2011, 03:00 AM - Thread Starter

For your information:
In the current version, iTest will add an CR (hex 0D) to the command and in hex and mixed mode spaces are removed from the command.

I will release a new version of iTest later where this functionality can be switched on or off.
Reply Home Automation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page