Crestron-Aspire RF - ASCII commands - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-23-2010, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, I am a Crestron Programmer, and somewhat of a starter. I have the RF232 from Aspire RF and am trying to utilize it with my Crestron Adagio AMS. I have the protocol commands which I have also attached to this post. Here is what I have tried so far:

ZN\\x02\\x0D
ZN020D
"ZN\\x02\\x0D"

None of the above strings work for me and I am trying to find some help. I am stuck on this and I need to get this to work. If anybody is familiar with Crestron and ASCII/Hex please let me know. I would even be willing to Donate )

I have no clue what I am doing wrong because the very first string is supposed to be correct but does not work for me. PLEASE HELP!! Thank you so much in advance and I hope to hear from you soon!!!!!

Thanks!

ASCIItoZwave.pdf 232.7490234375k . file
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-23-2010, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochoa View Post
Hello, I am a Crestron Programmer, and somewhat of a starter. I have the RF232 from Aspire RF and am trying to utilize it with my Crestron Adagio AMS. I have the protocol commands which I have also attached to this post. Here is what I have tried so far:

ZN\\x02\\x0D
ZN020D
"ZN\\x02\\x0D"

None of the above strings work for me and I am trying to find some help. I am stuck on this and I need to get this to work. If anybody is familiar with Crestron and ASCII/Hex please let me know. I would even be willing to Donate )

I have no clue what I am doing wrong because the very first string is supposed to be correct but does not work for me. PLEASE HELP!! Thank you so much in advance and I hope to hear from you soon!!!!!

Thanks!
Try "ZN02\
" without quotes.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-26-2010, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

WOW I cant believe that you hit it on the money I spent so much time on this and I could not for the life of me figure it out. That isn't hex though and thats what confused me. As stated I will def donate if you respond to PM with me. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!
post #4 of 4 Old 12-28-2010, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

In case anyone else is interested... I have designed a full module (in part thanks to: DBransford) for the Cooper Aspire RF serial interface module (aka ZTroller). I have already gotten requests for it, so I would like to extend out to everyone that I have it and it is 100% tested!! Please shoot me a PM if you would like. Thanks!
Reply Home Automation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page