Liked: 10
Hi:

I have an existing Crestron Adagio system. It has the following components:
AES
AAS-2
AAE
2 Touch Panels
3 APAD's

I have 2 home theaters(Denon 3808 and 4306) where the receivers are connected to AES with RS232.
I have Crestron ML 600 in each of these home theaters.
Everything is working fine at this time.

I am about to finish my basement where I will add my third and final Home Theater. Most probably I will buy another Denon like 3311CI.

How do I integrate my third home theater with the existing Crestron System.
The current receivers are connected to AES using RS232. However there are no more ports left on AES. So the only option left is IR control. Will this work well and is it as reliable as RS232 control?

Since I was happy with my current ML600 remotes I was thinking of getting another ML600 for the third home theater. Does this make sense? Is there another remote I should consider that is in similar price range.

Final question is about lighting control in the home theater. Because I am getting a projector I will have several lighting zones in my basement home theater. I want a simple dimming control solution just for the basement home theater. I don't want to light automation for the whole house at this time. Can someone recommend a lighting solution for 1 room. A friend of mine has Lutron Graphic eye and he likes it. But I was wondering if there is something else that will do a better job.

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-17-2011, 09:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
IR will work fine, but try a RMC box over Cresnet in the Basement. Once added to the AES, you can connect your new Denon using the RS232 port on the RMC. Program it, and you're all set. You can also connect local IR gear to this RMC box.

As for the remote, if you're using the rf gateways already in the system, then you should stick with the ml-600 for consistency and compatibility. I'd probably go with an RTI T2 using a CNRFGWA gateway.
post #3 of 8 Old 01-17-2011, 10:42 PM

CNRFGWA 433MHz
post #4 of 8 Old 01-18-2011, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hehateme View Post

I am about to finish my basement where I will add my third and final Home Theater. Most probably I will buy another Denon like 3311CI.

How do I integrate my third home theater with the existing Crestron System.
The current receivers are connected to AES using RS232. However there are no more ports left on AES. So the only option left is IR control. Will this work well and is it as reliable as RS232 control?

ST-COM or QM-RMC. They both cost the same. ST-COM will give you 2 rs-232 ports since you are looking to add other things. QM-RMC will give you the one you need right now.

Quote:

Since I was happy with my current ML600 remotes I was thinking of getting another ML600 for the third home theater. Does this make sense? Is there another remote I should consider that is in similar price range.

ML's are probably the most solid remote Crestron makes. If you're happy with it, stick with it.

Quote:

Final question is about lighting control in the home theater. Because I am getting a projector I will have several lighting zones in my basement home theater. I want a simple dimming control solution just for the basement home theater. I don't want to light automation for the whole house at this time. Can someone recommend a lighting solution for 1 room. A friend of mine has Lutron Graphic eye and he likes it. But I was wondering if there is something else that will do a better job.

Thanks

Grafik eyes are great for single room control. That would be my recommendation.

Senior Crestron Programmer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 Old 01-18-2011, 06:00 AM
Advanced Member

You can control the 3311 over IP, so you don't need a 232 connection for that. Your integrator can give you more advise as well.

Greg C.

CEDIA University Designer CAT Member
CEDIA University Instructor
Crestron DMC-E
post #6 of 8 Old 01-21-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowne30M3 View Post

ST-COM or QM-RMC. They both cost the same. ST-COM will give you 2 rs-232 ports since you are looking to add other things. QM-RMC will give you the one you need right now.

The QM-RMC also has two serial ports.
post #7 of 8 Old 01-21-2011, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Golden View Post

The QM-RMC also has two serial ports.

True story, thats what I get for posting at 1 am.

Senior Crestron Programmer

post #8 of 8 Old 05-22-2012, 02:50 AM

Hi all, I need some help please. I am trying to add a t-hub to a crestron adagio. All i need is for the sound to work thru the adagio. I have connected the audio to inputs on the AES and cannot get the system to recognise the source, What am I doing wrong? Any help for this AV noob greatly appreciated.
Reply Home Automation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page