Harmony One remote & Hunter Douglas blind - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 03-16-2011, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Logitech Harmony One universal remote that I'm trying to program to work our Hunter Douglas battery operated Power Rise blind under Device/Home Appliance. We got the blind in 1907, and the remote is ir learnable with only an Up button and a Down button on it.

I had Harmony One learn the Hunter Douglas remote in Raw mode, downloaded it, and all looked well as the commands showed up as commands for the Blinds. But only the Down command would work, not the Up command. Went back & forth about it with Logitech, and they finally told me I'd have to get the hex codes from Hunter Douglas and send it to them so they could get their remote to properly control the blind. I emailed them but am not holding my breath for an answer.

I noticed an older post here from "Jasonn", who said his Harmony 810 (I think) worked fine with his Hunter Douglas blinds. I'm hoping he's still an active member, might see this post, and could possibly share his knowledge on this. If anyone has a step-by-step procedure on how they got these two things working together, I would SO love to hear it. This is driving me wacko, and obviously Logitech doesn't have an answer.

Thank you SO much for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-25-2011, 02:08 PM

I had same issue - somewhat. I refuse to pay $65 for a tiny remote that functions only my shades so I wondered what I could do. Ran across your question. Did a search and found a website with hexcodes for Hunter Douglas! Maybe it will help. As for me, I broke open my remote, and with some tape and foil..it works! Ugly but free!

I cannot post a URL here since I am new but do a google search for hunter douglas power rise hex codes. Good luck!
post #3 of 6 Old 03-25-2011, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply and help, handymom. I found those codes, too, sent them to Logitech, and all is now working beautifully! Logitech was really helpful...they were quick to reply and stayed with me until it could be fixed. Haven't had tech help that good in a long time.
post #4 of 6 Old 03-25-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalyons View Post

Thanks for your reply and help, handymom. I found those codes, too, sent them to Logitech, and all is now working beautifully! Logitech was really helpful...they were quick to reply and stayed with me until it could be fixed. Haven't had tech help that good in a long time.

What exactly did Logitech do? How were you able to get the command codes to work? I'd imagine they could also do the same with Somfy shades then too.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-25-2011, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLaLakers View Post

What exactly did Logitech do? How were you able to get the command codes to work? I'd imagine they could also do the same with Somfy shades then too.

I sent them the codes through my support ticket convo. Then they wrote me back saying they'd added a new command to the others for that device using the hex code info and told me to update my remote. I had Harmony One learn the commands again and had it update...and it worked. I would think they might be able to do the same with your shades if you have the hex codes for them. You could always ask them. They got back to me within 2 days when I first asked.
Good luck!
post #6 of 6 Old 03-31-2011, 05:12 PM

What model are your shades? What did you type in the "Add Device" model info??
Reply Home Automation

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page